Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

help please..

jaserionjaserion Member UncommonPosts: 27

i just purchased from GMG and i got my early access code, but it doesnt fit in the 2 formats required by square enix.  

my code is:  X#XX  X#XX  XX#X  X#XX  #XXXX

square enix requires: 

XXXXXX - 000 - XXXXXX - 000 (6 letters + 3 digits + 6 letters + 3 digits)

OR

XXXXXXXX - 0000 (8 letters + 4 digits)

how do i add this?

thanks!

Comments

• RosenborgRosenborg Member UncommonPosts: 162
    I think that's the pre-order code that you enter in the, Enter Item Code
  • danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    Originally posted by jaserion

i just purchased from GMG and i got my early access code, but it doesn't fit in the 2 formats required by square enix.  

^

THIS FORMAT LOOKS LIKE AN ACTUALLY GAME CODE WHICH IS REDEEMD AT THE MOG STATION.

square enix requires: 

^

THIS FORMAT LOOS LIKE A VALIDATION CODE.  A VALIDATION CODE AND VALIDATION CODE REDEMTION LINK GOT EMAILED TO ME WHEN I PURCHASED THE PC VERSION FROM THE SQUARE ENIX STORE), ALONG WITH INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO USE IT.  AND FROM WHAT I CAN TELL THIS VALIDATION CODE GENERATES THE GAME CODE THAT HAS THE PROPER IN GAME BONUSES.  Which is why they didn't just send me the code in the first place. 

I ENTERED THE VALIDATION CODE  INTO A SPECIAL WEBSITE THAT WAS PART OF THE SAME  EMAIL MY VALIDATION CODE WAS IN.

AFTER I ENTERED THE VALIDATIN CODE I GOT A CODE WHICH LOOKS LIKE THE FORMAT OF YOUR CODE WHICH I THEN ENTERED INTO THE MOG STATION AND ATTACHED TO MY ACCOUNT.

ITS A COMPLICATED MESS BUT THATS HOW SE ROLLS.  I had to use one site (their store) to make the purchase.  I had to use another site to apply my validation code.  Then I had to use another site (the mog station) to enter the actual game code.

From what I remember from the original launch it was even more complicated.  SE has no idea how to streamline a purchase or integrate it into one site.  There is the SE main site which you can log into.  There is the Mog Station for managing account stuff.  They have another site for redeeming early access codes.  They have another site for buying things.  They also have the lode stone.  the company is all over map.

Hope that helps.

• Froggie85Froggie85 Member UncommonPosts: 221
    Originally posted by goboygo
    Originally posted by jaserion

i just purchased from GMG and i got my early access code, but it doesn't fit in the 2 formats required by square enix.  

^

THIS FORMAT LOOKS LIKE AN ACTUALLY GAME CODE WHICH IS REDEEMD AT THE MOG STATION.

square enix requires: 

^

THIS FORMAT LOOS LIKE A VALIDATION CODE.  A VALIDATION CODE AND VALIDATION CODE REDEMTION LINK GOT EMAILED TO ME WHEN I PURCHASED THE PC VERSION FROM THE SQUARE ENIX STORE), ALONG WITH INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO USE IT.  AND FROM WHAT I CAN TELL THIS VALIDATION CODE GENERATES THE GAME CODE THAT HAS THE PROPER IN GAME BONUSES.  Which is why they didn't just send me the code in the first place. 

I ENTERED THE VALIDATION CODE  INTO A SPECIAL WEBSITE THAT WAS PART OF THE SAME  EMAIL MY VALIDATION CODE WAS IN.

AFTER I ENTERED THE VALIDATIN CODE I GOT A CODE WHICH LOOKS LIKE THE FORMAT OF YOUR CODE WHICH I THEN ENTERED INTO THE MOG STATION AND ATTACHED TO MY ACCOUNT.

ITS A COMPLICATED MESS BUT THATS HOW SE ROLLS.  I had to use one site (their store) to make the purchase.  I had to use another site to apply my validation code.  Then I had to use another site (the mog station) to enter the actual game code.

From what I remember from the original launch it was even more complicated.  SE has no idea how to streamline a purchase or integrate it into one site.  There is the SE main site which you can log into.  There is the Mog Station for managing account stuff.  They have another site for redeeming early access codes.  They have another site for buying things.  They also have the lode stone.  the company is all over map.

Hope that helps.

I honestly don't see how you could have screwed this up. The instructions are very clear and they are printed everywhere.

15 years of putting in and registering keys for games and I have NEVER had this problem. Probably because I read the instructions.

BTW, you can do EVERYTHING from the mog station, including buying the Expansion, services, and entering your pre order codes. Did I mention you can do EVERYTHING from the mag station?

• fineflufffinefluff Member RarePosts: 561
    I ordered from GMG too. Enter that code on your mogstation. There should be a tab that under manage account services that says enter early access code or something like that.