Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Expansion: HoT overpriced for what you get?

Comments

• KoroshiyaKoroshiya Member UncommonPosts: 265
    Originally posted by eyelolled
    Originally posted by Distopia

I can't believe I have to explain things is such precise detail, but I guess I should expect that when I'm dealing with certain types. 

Anet, the company trying to promote living story, introduces and area with a specific plan in place. There is a story that NEEDS to play out, not be dropped all at once. If you understood the concept of a story progression, I would expect that you would understand that.  They can't just dump everything out and leave all the cards on the table because that would be fucking stupid.  (wait, is that the correct term? YES it is)

So you don't know what all it entails, you don't know anything but the nibbles that they show you. Maybe they have the strategy that after 2 months of the new zones the story leads into another, and another. You don't know, but everyone sure as hell acts like they know, don't they? All these complainers sure brag up like they know how much everything is worth, but they look at the expansion in the way you'd look at a game like WoW or EQ or whatever other game.

But in case you haven't noticed, GW2 isn't the same as other games! I don't give a rats ass if it's not what you want, it's what they are providing and it's what I want. I'm happy with paying the $50 or $100 for the expansion. There are thousands upon thousands of people just like me, happy and eager to pay the price they've asked for, because as players of GW2, we realize exactly how much Anet has provided for the first price, and I'm looking forward to what I will get for the next.

If you can't recognize what I am saying, then maybe you're not the target audience. Have you thought of that? Maybe just maybe that they aren't even trying to sell it to you because you're not the person/people to appreciate it.  Maybe they don't really give a shit about catering to people that don't want to play the gamestyle they provide.  Maybe, you're not quite as important as you keep telling yourself you are.

Is that clear enough? 

I don't agree with most of the complaints going around, I don't feel they're ripping people off or robbing them. I was simply confused about what you meant with a few of your statements, hence why I only commented toward those statements. It just seemed to me you were coming down on people who may not be sold on the expansion out right at this point in time, or that we owed it to them somehow to purchase it. IF that's not what you meant my apologies for misrepresenting/understanding what you said.

That said, I don't see how I've made it seem like I'm important as you suggest, nor have I said the expansion is not worth the price, I really don't know. I think that's a reasonable stance to have at this point. You make it sound like I'm hating on the game or dislike it, which isn't the case.

Fair enough. If I was harsh towards you, I apologize.  This topic is especially sensitive to me because I work very hard every day in a service industry. I never get coffee breaks, and most of the time I can't even get an uninterrupted lunch.  I am extremely fair and honest with my charges because I believe an honest business is a long lasting business.  When someone bitches about the costs, or asks for a deal, it shows me how little they appreciate my efforts.  Clients like that I don't need or want because their "bargaining" comes across like I'm some sort of crook.  GW2 is buy to play, and I know that I have gotten much more in return then I paid.  I believe they are running an honest business and I support them gladly.

As for the person talking about other customers getting mad if you were bitching at your mechanic. If I felt your mechanic run a good honest business, then I would DEFINATELY put you in your place.  I wouldn't hesitate at all.

What you do or go through everyday has nothing to do with what he said and now you are backtracking.  You being in the service industry and people not finding value in YOUR service is YOUR problem.  You shouldn't worry what others think of how well you do your job as long as you are doing it to the best of your ability and you have a thriving business.

As for the judging people based on their perceived value of a service?  The market will tend to work out to what people are willing to pay, if you have such a continuous problem of complaints about your service level compared to your pricing structure maybe YOU are the problem and not the customers you keep calling "entitled".

Lastly trying to call anyone who doesn't agree with what your opinion is as entitled is a very old debating technique used when you are trying to argue a point you can't win.  Instead of arguing the merits of the discussion you try to discredit their views by using negative associations with their subject matter or person to something else.  Value is an opinion NOT a fact.  VALUE changes from person to person based on MANY issues not all related to entitlement or social standing.  So if people want to come here and discuss why they think the value of this purchase isn't worth it to them, great they shouldn't have to deal with people like you calling them entitled for an opinion.

“The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off , why should I. Light up the darkness” – Bob Marley

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

Given the fact that a whole lot of incomplete games only worth a couple of hours of playtime are charging at least half that much these days and considering that a whole lot of simple cosmetic microtransactions charge for half or more of that amount in other MMO's; I don't feel like $50 is excessive for an expansion pack.

In fact, I'd say anyone who believes it is excessive really isn't with the times.

However, I do feel like offering the original at a discount before then including it for free in the expansion a few days later is a pretty scummy practice.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    Originally posted by observer
    Originally posted by Torval

I don't see that at all. He never actually said anything about back pay or depriving previous revenue. That's something Distopia injected into the conversation putting words in his mouth.

Originally he talked about cost of ownership over time. An account holder paid for GW2 3 years ago and now they're requiring $50 more dollars to play the xpac. Somehow Distopia got on this back pay bandwagon which made no sense.

The $50 is for the base game and the updates going forward. The $50 for the xpac is for the xpac and any included updates they might add to it.

The point being that after 3 years a game company asking for $50 for an xpac isn't an unreasonable proposition, especially when there is no required fee in the interim.

The base game has no explicit cost value in the xpac. It's a marketing perk to entice those who don't own the game at all to buy in without having to also purchase the base game. Really this internet rage is all about entitled veterans of a game. MMO veterans of an IP often feel entitled to special perks that acknowledge them. ESO did this with their B2P transition. Wildstar is doing so as well. Anet didn't do this with the xpac so some people feel they're not getting the special attention they feel they deserve, that they are entitled to. It's not that any of them give a damn about a base edition key that is essentially useless without the xpac. It's that they want a perk that sets them apart as special. This is what the core of the OP complaint really boils down to. Same with Dakeru and the "Make Amends" thread he opened. He even states outright that he feels entitled to a perk.

Go figure.

I asked him for clarification he implied I'm dumb, so yeah... Can you explain what he meant?

"All these people that are comparing the apples  and oranges of expansion packs sure miss the big picture when it comes to GW2 don't they.  Can't see the forest for all the trees I guess. GW2 since launch has added 3 more complete zones, and a score of consistent content updates as well. To such an extent that they drove up the very nature of content updates from other developers as well. When you are buying the expansion pack for GW2, do you really think it stops there?  How blind are you to completely dismiss that? Seriously, what a slap in the face to disregard so much."

What is he saying? What does three years of patches have to do with an expansion's cost? Especially that last sentence. You have a lot of room to talk about putting words in peoples mouths btw...SMH and bandwagon no one else implied that?

I can't believe I have to explain things is such precise detail, but I guess I should expect that when I'm dealing with certain types. 

Anet, the company trying to promote living story, introduces and area with a specific plan in place. There is a story that NEEDS to play out, not be dropped all at once. If you understood the concept of a story progression, I would expect that you would understand that.  They can't just dump everything out and leave all the cards on the table because that would be fucking stupid.  (wait, is that the correct term? YES it is)

So you don't know what all it entails, you don't know anything but the nibbles that they show you. Maybe they have the strategy that after 2 months of the new zones the story leads into another, and another. You don't know, but everyone sure as hell acts like they know, don't they? All these complainers sure brag up like they know how much everything is worth, but they look at the expansion in the way you'd look at a game like WoW or EQ or whatever other game.

But in case you haven't noticed, GW2 isn't the same as other games! I don't give a rats ass if it's not what you want, it's what they are providing and it's what I want. I'm happy with paying the $50 or $100 for the expansion. There are thousands upon thousands of people just like me, happy and eager to pay the price they've asked for, because as players of GW2, we realize exactly how much Anet has provided for the first price, and I'm looking forward to what I will get for the next.

If you can't recognize what I am saying, then maybe you're not the target audience. Have you thought of that? Maybe just maybe that they aren't even trying to sell it to you because you're not the person/people to appreciate it.  Maybe they don't really give a shit about catering to people that don't want to play the gamestyle they provide.  Maybe, you're not quite as important as you keep telling yourself you are.

Is that clear enough? 

So why do you, and others, care so much about what people think of it's value?

It goes both ways, so why can't you recognize this?  Why do these opposite views garner so much hate and labels ("entitled")?

What if i say that Swtor's RotHC is worth more than $19.99?  Are you going to oppose me so vehemently?  After all, it provides a new lvl cap, new skills, gear, new stories, new operation and hard modes flashpoints, a new planet, etc.  As customers, we should accept when companies raise their prices for their expansions, no matter how shallow or abundant it is in content.  You people should stop being so cheap and start paying $99 for standard versions for any new expansion that comes out, even if it just contains 1 zone and 1 class.  I don't want to hear any complaints from those cheap customers either.  image

It's only in the gaming industry, that people are willingly quick to accept subpar quality content.

If I was to try and offer judgement on what SWTOR's RotHC is worth, then I would be just the same as everyone who says that GW2:HoT is too expensive for what you get.  Ignorant, bias, blind and likely entitled as well.  Why? Because I don't have a fucking clue about that title. I'm not interested in it, and therefore I'm not in the forums bitching about it. Now ask yourself this. How many of these "opposing views" actually play the game, and how many don't?

You call it subpar quality content, but lets all face the reality of the situation. YOUR knowledge on the expansion, is insufficient to make judgement.  You only know what they have chosen to tell you so far. So why don't you take that into consideration? Or do you feel like you're entitled to "know it all" already?

So now you're the judge of determining who is qualified to make an opinion?  Do you know how ridiculous that sounds?  Who are you to determine if someone is actively playing or not?  There isn't a conspiracy of players in this thread making up lies, because they are out to hurt your precious game.

My knowledge isn't sufficient at all.  All the features have already been announced.  I've played the beta when it was available, after getting two beta portals.  Any veteran who has played MMOs for over 10 years has sufficient knowledge of what to expect, without needing to know the intricate details such as story plots, or number crunching.  There is no miracle patch, nor is there a miracle update, or an expected miracle revelation.  All the major features have been revealed, and what you've seen is what you will get.

The irony though, is that you have already decided that this expansion is worth the price, while also claiming that everything hasn't been revealed.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    I will never play a game where I have to pay for the updates. When I found out the update was a paid expansion I uninstalled Guild Wars 2.
  • ButeoRegalisButeoRegalis Member UncommonPosts: 594
    Considering what GW2 has put out since release, I consider the price for HoT fair. Think of it as paying 50% for HoT and 50% appreciation for past content.

• stevebombsquadstevebombsquad Member UncommonPosts: 884
    Originally posted by Torval

I don't see that at all. He never actually said anything about back pay or depriving previous revenue. That's something Distopia injected into the conversation putting words in his mouth.

Originally he talked about cost of ownership over time. An account holder paid for GW2 3 years ago and now they're requiring $50 more dollars to play the xpac. Somehow Distopia got on this back pay bandwagon which made no sense.

The $50 is for the base game and the updates going forward. The $50 for the xpac is for the xpac and any included updates they might add to it.

The point being that after 3 years a game company asking for $50 for an xpac isn't an unreasonable proposition, especially when there is no required fee in the interim.

The base game has no explicit cost value in the xpac. It's a marketing perk to entice those who don't own the game at all to buy in without having to also purchase the base game. Really this internet rage is all about entitled veterans of a game. MMO veterans of an IP often feel entitled to special perks that acknowledge them. ESO did this with their B2P transition. Wildstar is doing so as well. Anet didn't do this with the xpac so some people feel they're not getting the special attention they feel they deserve, that they are entitled to. It's not that any of them give a damn about a base edition key that is essentially useless without the xpac. It's that they want a perk that sets them apart as special. This is what the core of the OP complaint really boils down to. Same with Dakeru and the "Make Amends" thread he opened. He even states outright that he feels entitled to a perk.

Go figure.

I asked him for clarification he implied I'm dumb, so yeah... Can you explain what he meant?

"All these people that are comparing the apples  and oranges of expansion packs sure miss the big picture when it comes to GW2 don't they.  Can't see the forest for all the trees I guess. GW2 since launch has added 3 more complete zones, and a score of consistent content updates as well. To such an extent that they drove up the very nature of content updates from other developers as well. When you are buying the expansion pack for GW2, do you really think it stops there?  How blind are you to completely dismiss that? Seriously, what a slap in the face to disregard so much."

What is he saying? What does three years of patches have to do with an expansion's cost? Especially that last sentence. You have a lot of room to talk about putting words in peoples mouths btw...SMH and bandwagon no one else implied that?

Is that clear enough? 

So why do you, and others, care so much about what people think of it's value?

It goes both ways, so why can't you recognize this?  Why do these opposite views garner so much hate and labels ("entitled")?

What if i say that Swtor's RotHC is worth more than $19.99?  Are you going to oppose me so vehemently?  After all, it provides a new lvl cap, new skills, gear, new stories, new operation and hard modes flashpoints, a new planet, etc.  As customers, we should accept when companies raise their prices for their expansions, no matter how shallow or abundant it is in content.  You people should stop being so cheap and start paying $99 for standard versions for any new expansion that comes out, even if it just contains 1 zone and 1 class.  I don't want to hear any complaints from those cheap customers either.  image

It's only in the gaming industry, that people are willingly quick to accept subpar quality content.

If I was to try and offer judgement on what SWTOR's RotHC is worth, then I would be just the same as everyone who says that GW2:HoT is too expensive for what you get.  Ignorant, bias, blind and likely entitled as well.  Why? Because I don't have a fucking clue about that title. I'm not interested in it, and therefore I'm not in the forums bitching about it. Now ask yourself this. How many of these "opposing views" actually play the game, and how many don't?

You call it subpar quality content, but lets all face the reality of the situation. YOUR knowledge on the expansion, is insufficient to make judgement.  You only know what they have chosen to tell you so far. So why don't you take that into consideration? Or do you feel like you're entitled to "know it all" already?

So now you're the judge of determining who is qualified to make an opinion?  Do you know how ridiculous that sounds?  Who are you to determine if someone is actively playing or not?  There isn't a conspiracy of players in this thread making up lies, because they are out to hurt your precious game.

My knowledge isn't sufficient at all.  All the features have already been announced.  I've played the beta when it was available, after getting two beta portals.  Any veteran who has played MMOs for over 10 years has sufficient knowledge of what to expect, without needing to know the intricate details such as story plots, or number crunching.  There is no miracle patch, nor is there a miracle update, or an expected miracle revelation.  All the major features have been revealed, and what you've seen is what you will get.

The irony though, is that you have already decided that this expansion is worth the price, while also claiming that everything hasn't been revealed.

You can literally post an economic textbook definition of the word value and he will still not acknowledge it. Save yourself the effort.

James T. Kirk: All she's got isn't good enough! What else ya got?

• JohnP0100JohnP0100 Member UncommonPosts: 401

And the train wreck continues.....

Apparently Visa temporary suspended all payments to ANet/NCSoft yesterday (exact time is not known) and they only do that if there's a large amount of charge back for a particular merchant/company or too many suspicious transaction etc.

Since a major security breach is unlikely, I'd say the expansion is off to a terrible start.

Did anyone have trouble with buying the expansion / Gems yesterday?

It shows what PvP games are really all about, and no, it's not about more realism and immersion. It's about cowards hiding behind a screen to they can bully other defenseless players without any risk of direct retaliation like there would be if they acted like asshats in "real life". -Jean-Luc_Picard

Life itself is a game. So why shouldn't your game be ruined? - justmemyselfandi

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by JohnP0100

Apparently Visa temporary suspended all payments to ANet/NCSoft yesterday (exact time is not known) and they only do that if there's a large amount of charge back for a particular merchant/company or too many suspicious transaction etc.

Since a major security breach is unlikely, I'd say the expansion is off to a terrible start.

What would this have to do with the expansion?

edit: forgot the highlight!

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

It is pretty simple, if you think the expansion is worth 50 bucks/45 Euros you buy it. If not then don't.

Nothing say you can't skip a MMO expansion or wait a while since all games and expansions drop in price. If it is worth it or not really is up to you.

Comparing the content to other games is pretty pointless, particularly if those games have monthly fees. Only you can decide if it is worth it or not.

As for me it is more the queastion if I should fork in another $25 (or even 50) for that character sklot or not but what is right for me might not be right for you.

Whining and saying it is only worth $35 for you is pointless though, just don't buy it in that case.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Originally posted by Loke666

It is pretty simple, if you think the expansion is worth 50 bucks/45 Euros you buy it. If not then don't.

Nothing say you can't skip a MMO expansion or wait a while since all games and expansions drop in price. If it is worth it or not really is up to you.

Comparing the content to other games is pretty pointless, particularly if those games have monthly fees. Only you can decide if it is worth it or not.

As for me it is more the queastion if I should fork in another $25 (or even 50) for that character sklot or not but what is right for me might not be right for you.

Whining and saying it is only worth $35 for you is pointless though, just don't buy it in that case.

This ^

Wooden Potatoes also released a vid that I think sums up the situation pretty nicely.

All in all, in it's current iteration there's just not much incentive to pre-order. That doesn't mean people shouldn't (or won't) buy the expansion, but it does seem to indicate that if you are unsure about the value of what you're getting for 50$, then a 'wait and see' approach makes a lot more sense.

In general I would argue that pre-ordering is a bad idea, and even though so many people fall into that trap, they still pre-order.

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

I agree with the point in red

If you know so much from your years of mmo experience, did you know about Southsun Cove at release of GW2? Did you know about Dry Top, and Silverwaste? No. You fucking did not.  You talk like you know shit, but the only thing you know is what they told you. 

If everything has been announced, then what is the specialization for the elementalist?  You said you've got it all down, so "put up or shut up" so to speak.

The true irony though, is that you chose the name observer, yet you continue to be completely oblivious to the actual point I was making.  THAT is ironic.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318
    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989

I'm not defending the game. I'm defending a company who's willing enough to support providing a large amount of content to their customer base through a new expansion. 

Arena Net is a business and in order for them to continue keeping a game like theirs afloat without subscriptions they must be able to gain income some way. Whether that be through cash shop or expansion in content. 

The fact that people are insulted about a 49.99 expansion (which is quite often average) because they get and I repeat "screwed". That's insulting no matter how you look at it. If Arena net doesn't continue to make money for their game guess what. The game will close and you won't have a buy-to-play MMO like it to go to once it's gone.

So as I stated earlier whether it be the harsher penny pinching scumbag comment or scrooges (take your pick). As it's utmost insulting to say that to a company who hasn't charged 14.99 a month for 3 years While supporting the game only a cash shop.

Continue complaining that 49.99 is "too much" because at the end of the day if you don't support them and they shut their doors and then I get to sit back and laugh because customers were unwilling to give up less than a day's work for an addition of content.

Lets not forget that the new expansion isn't a requirement to continue playing the game. There has been not mention that they will be increasing the level cap beyond 80 and they're not completely barring you from some of the content that comes with it.

qft. We need more logic on this forum. 

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Why does it always have to be considered whining to share what is essentially a fair but subjective view?

Besides, everything we do here is pointless, what's even more pointless is reminding everyone of that fact. We're just here to share opinions, labeling one side of the debate as whiners is quite short-sighted.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• LudwikLudwik Member UncommonPosts: 407
    Isn't the whole point of pre-ordering a product to either get a discount or some cool fluff. HoT offers neither of these in it's base package.

Maybe the expansion is worth $50 in its completed form but right now most of the expansion is vaporware and tech demos.

Personally, I think anyone that pre-orders now is off their rocker. What are you gonna do when they chuck a bunch of features and deny your refund?
  • pingopingo Member UncommonPosts: 608

I sold some stuff in my bank yesterday and converted 143 gold to 800 gems and got my character slot for my Norn Revernant that way. 

I think it's weird how the vocal hostile toxic minority just brushes off these sort of points. Because they are coming at this like an agenda. 

What you say is reasonable, what they say is not. It's delusional pathetic. I'll rip a new on this expansion if I decide to buy it and I think the reviews sound justifiable, but I'll wait until I have it. 

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Originally posted by pingo

I sold some stuff in my bank yesterday and converted 143 gold to 800 gems and got my character slot for my Norn Revernant that way. 

I think it's weird how the vocal hostile toxic minority just brushes off these sort of points. Because they are coming at this like an agenda. 

What you say is reasonable, what they say is not. It's delusional pathetic. I'll rip a new on this expansion if I decide to buy it and I think the reviews sound justifiable, but I'll wait until I have it. 

For one, hostile and toxic are harsh words for people who simply criticize the price and the way the pre-purchase has been handled so far.

Second your point is: They don't need the usual pre-purchase bonus because they can buy it with ingame currency.

That's not a very valid point is it?

Harbinger of Fools
  • Nemesis7884Nemesis7884 Member UncommonPosts: 1,023
    does it really matter if the expansion is overpriced? what alternative is there?
  • mazutmazut Member UncommonPosts: 988
    And who knows what exactly we will get!?
  • MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614

Funny that Anet as a company that does not have a subscription, puts out a outstanding game, puts all extra gear and character expansions etc etc etc in a ingame cashshop for free -you can buy everything so easily by exchanging easily farmed gold, ppl are actually that dumb to buy gems with RL money?????-  asks for $50 for a full expansion. The first time they ask for money in 3 years since release.

Yet these complainers have no problem plunging hundreds / thousands of dollars in kickstarters (SC for example, when will it be released? --> noone knows) or buy preorder kits of games that are probably never going to be launched, at least not in the way they presented it (EQNext) and pay for subscription models and another same old 13-in-a-dozen raid release with every 2-3y a expansion which they run trough within a week. (WoW)

No problem with that. But a company that charges $50 once / 3 years? "Burn them!"

Fkin awesome self entitled popcorn whines.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066
    Originally posted by JohnP0100

Source?

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• pingopingo Member UncommonPosts: 608
    Originally posted by Muke

Funny that Anet as a company that does not have a subscription, puts out a outstanding game, puts all extra gear and character expansions etc etc etc in a ingame cashshop for free -you can buy everything so easily by exchanging easily farmed gold, ppl are actually that dumb to buy gems with RL money?????-  asks for $50 for a full expansion. The first time they ask for money in 3 years since release.

Yet these complainers have no problem plunging hundreds / thousands of dollars in kickstarters (SC for example, when will it be released? --> noone knows) or buy preorder kits of games that are probably never going to be launched, at least not in the way they presented it (EQNext) and pay for subscription models and another same old 13-in-a-dozen raid release with every 2-3y a expansion which they run trough within a week. (WoW)

No problem with that. But a company that charges $50 once / 3 years? "Burn them!"

They will argue that (Dystopia and the other one, Dekarau or something) that this is about "value" to try and divert the discussion away from these truths, because they know their arguments hold no actual water. They, and others may be succesful out of bullying Anet to give them something, but that would truly be the actual crime of all this if Anet falls for their depraved demands.

Lots of people have paid full price for products only to have them, the day after go free 2 play, (Hellgate London, APB, TERA, Team Fortress 2, and countless others) and it is understood that it is not your loss because others gain something. But these posters are so selfish and greedy that they will look at others instead of what they have - Instead of thinking about all the people who paid more money than they did,or all the people who can't afford games at all.

No. This ultimately about someone getting a better deal than them. I don't get it. If you get GW2 for 10 Bucks, that is an amazing deal in and of itself. Someone paid 40 dollars for GW2 before THAT deal went live. So is that person who paid 3 times as much entitled to hellfire and calling Anet for all sorts of crazy crap? No. 

This sub forum have become so annoyingly hostile since this broke out. It's so entitled in the grossest way possible. Nobody asked you to buy this expansion. 

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

They will argue that (Dystopia and the other one, Dekarau or something) that this is about "value" to try and divert the discussion away from these truths, because they know their arguments hold no actual water. They, and others may be succesful out of bullying Anet to give them something, but that would truly be the actual crime of all this if Anet falls for their depraved demands.

Yes we are depraved criminals because we aren't buying a product.

It amuses me how you say we are the toxic community while you are the one personally attacking people.

Harbinger of Fools
  • parpinparpin Member UncommonPosts: 220
    Originally posted by Dakeru

Yes we are depraved criminals because we aren't buying a product.

It amuses me how you say we are the toxic community while you are the one personally attacking people.

he is right..Anet must not give in to people like you...they must never reduce the price..ALSO THEY MUST ANNOUNCE PAID DLC JUST LIKE ESO AND FILTER SOME BAD APPLES.

• LudwikLudwik Member UncommonPosts: 407
    No one is paying ArenaNet for 3 years of free updates. Those were free by ANet's choosing and they're in the past. That's not an argument that gets to be used here.

People are paying for Heart of Thorns. Which as of this moment is half a revenant class, a decent looking PvE map, and an SPvP map. The rest of the expansion isn't done, it's all either vaporware or tech demos.

When WoW came asking for preorders for WoD, the expansion was 90% feature complete with a playable beta and a release date.

Heart of Thorns isn't 50% feature complete. Heck, we don't know what half the features are. There is no playable beta. What ArenaNet calls a beta isn't a beta. There isn't even an alpha client. It's a glorified tech demo, the same thing we saw from EQN at their big reveal 2 years ago and everyone knows how that project is going. Oh, there's also no release date. Why is there no release date? Because at their current pace they'd be lucky to have it done while Obama is still in office. It's been 9 months since Silverwastes, the expansion should be almost done instead we don't even know what's in the thing. ArenaNet could declare bankruptcy before HoT is finished then preorders would get nothing. They're obviously strapped for cash considering they won't even throw a character slot into the basic version.

I wouldn't even pre-order if it was $10 at this point. The chances of them scrapping half the features or just going full 38 Studios is really, really high.
  • Leon1eLeon1e Member UncommonPosts: 791
    Originally posted by Muke

Lots of people have paid full price for products only to have them, the day after go free 2 play, (Hellgate London, APB, TERA, Team Fortress 2, and countless others) and it is understood that it is not your loss because others gain something. But these posters are so selfish and greedy that they will look at others instead of what they have - Instead of thinking about all the people who paid more money than they did,or all the people who can't afford games at all.

No. This ultimately about someone getting a better deal than them. I don't get it. If you get GW2 for 10 Bucks, that is an amazing deal in and of itself. Someone paid 40 dollars for GW2 before THAT deal went live. So is that person who paid 3 times as much entitled to hellfire and calling Anet for all sorts of crazy crap? No. 

This sub forum have become so annoyingly hostile since this broke out. It's so entitled in the grossest way possible. Nobody asked you to buy this expansion. 

Your point is flawed. When a game goes through business model transaction, you ALWAYS have perks. TESO had, all the game you listed had some sort of compensation to the loyal player base. 

My 2 cents about the "omg you so entitled" juice. Of course people are entitled. It's their money and they want their money's worth. They don't have to buy HoT, and they are making a statement. Move on fanboi. 

You have no right to judge them. They choose how to spend their money. Atm they are voting with their wallets and you are mr. nobody on internet, to put things into perspective, but them, they are frustrated customers. It's up to ANet to make things right.

P.S: WildStar is going to give perks to its loyal playerbase when it makes the jump from P2P to F2P as the most recent example. Where is your God now? Entitled much?

This discussion has been closed.