Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I return now or wait for expansion release?

SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360

Hello guys!

I have 2 level 80 classes and played the game for about 2-3 months and stopped due to IRL issues.

I now feel the itch to play again, but feel that I would be wasting time if the expansion changes things too much or removed the account bound unlocks and achievements.

Do you think it is worth doing the world completion or any account bound unlocks with a new alt?

Thanks!

If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation

Comments

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    This would be a hard question to answer as full information on the expansion hasn't been released.  After the expansion is released it will still probably have to be balanced and have bugs worked out so you may have a long wait, or end up playing as the adjustment issues are finished which means the game may be in a state of change for a long time.  In short, if you had fun before, might as well play now.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• NacarioNacario Member UncommonPosts: 222
    Im addicted to gw so my answer is biased, but yet some key pointers to be aware of:

-Gw isnt geartreadmil and makes it unique in the mmorpg genre, it adds longveity and makes it worth investing time into. If you see yourself focusing on gw u should already start to log in daily for the reward, they are too good to miss out on and it only takes 1 min. At the end monthly reward u pick the laurel box, laurels are key to get your ascended crafting done. Who knows what else u need laurels for in the expansion so get them up.

-Complete your personal story and season 2 living story as it ties up to the expansion. Additionally its good to have 100% map completion so ur done with vanilla.
    -If ur into spvp u could do some daily since the reward tracks grant tome of knowledge and it adds up fast, maybe u like a revenant or any other elite spec that isnt a class u have, so that u can get a class up quick.
    -Find a guild that u can see urself investing time into as there will be more emphasis on guild content, like guild vs guild or dueling.
    -A bonus would be to do daily tequatl as it gives good rewards and about 14k karma for 10 mins work. Im saving up karma for potential new legendaries.
  • andre369andre369 Member UncommonPosts: 970

I would say return on the 23rd, and play through the living world and the new zones. 

On the 23rd the new trait system and condi overhaul comes.

You need world completion to make a legendary, if that is something you want to prepare for and with HoT you will be able to craft the precursor as well. 

I do not see a reason not to return, unless you really dont enjoy what content there is at the moment.

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Better to wait a bit and let the newness of the expansion wear off and get it for $19.99 instead of $49.99
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360

Thanks guys!

I decided to make a completely new class and learn the game all over again, and I am having a blast! :D

If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Originally posted by Seelinnikoi

Hello guys!

I have 2 level 80 classes and played the game for about 2-3 months and stopped due to IRL issues.

I now feel the itch to play again, but feel that I would be wasting time if the expansion changes things too much or removed the account bound unlocks and achievements.

Do you think it is worth doing the world completion or any account bound unlocks with a new alt?

Thanks!

I suggest you play now and start leveling as many toons to max level as possible before the expansion hits that removes the current way of gaining skills.

also you will want to do as many skill point challenges as possible to unlock elite specs fast.

get your WvW rank up as well for when the new borderland hits.

also level up your personal guild fast, if you have a personal guild that is. Because you may not be able to upgrade it anymore once HoT hits...

ps: get your crafting to 500 and start stacking gold.

i also suggest buying certain skins that appeal to you before all the elite specs get revealed. They will jack up prices...

Philosophy of MMO Game Design