Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Preview] Star Wars: The Old Republic: E3 2015 – Knights of the Fallen Empire Preview

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

It’s the year of Star Wars with the new movie, Battlefront, and now SWTOR’s next big expansion: Knights of the Fallen Empire. Announced officially during EA’s E3 press conference, the expansion marks a new major story initiative for BioWare’s MMORPG, and we got to see just what that means in a behind-closed-doors presentation at EA’s press booth.

Read more of Bill Murphy's Star Wars: The Old Republic - E3 2015 - Knights of the Fallen Empire Preview.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829

You got to play it, Bill?

Damn, I'm so jealous right now! xD

It sounds very promising though, and it's nice to see the rumors about Lana being the one that wakes you up, getting confirmed.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Fine, but why not fix the space portion of the game.  It is avoided by most of the player base.  More storyline won't bring many of us back.  Even after NGE many SWG fans came back and just played the space portion of the game.  That is how important space is.  At present SWTOR is just another ground based game with light sabers instead of swords.  
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

"Gameplay wise, BioWare promises lots more info to come on all the new class skills, but the main goal of the new powers is to increase the mobility and action of each class as they want the pace of combat to increase overall with KotFE"

FINALLY!!!! maybe jedis and sith will be able to move like they are forceusers :P

maybe bountyhunters will have a REAL jetpack (greetings to boba fett) and not just some minor jump packs

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• BadOrbBadOrb Member UncommonPosts: 791

I wonder if I can ask you something Bill ? Did you try the part you played in a group ? Some of us are worried that we might not be able to group up at all whilst playing these new chapters. Even if it's like a spectators mode similar to the way you could view others class stories of old.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
    "SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
    The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444
    Originally posted by Thane

"Gameplay wise, BioWare promises lots more info to come on all the new class skills, but the main goal of the new powers is to increase the mobility and action of each class as they want the pace of combat to increase overall with KotFE"

FINALLY!!!! maybe jedis and sith will be able to move like they are forceusers :P

maybe bountyhunters will have a REAL jetpack (greetings to boba fett) and not just some minor jump packs

SWTOR has a laundry list of problems I would like to see fixed. Those things are near the top.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

Originally posted by Gorwe

BILL!!!!

REBELS and the Empire? REBELS??? How about Galactic Republic and the Empire? Hell it's not even the Empire(as in Galactic Empire), but Sith Empire, but one can use "the" prefix.

HM?

Clearly Bill is on the right side, and sees those Pubs as nothing but uppity rebels. image

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    It's a good year for Star Wars fans. :D
  • DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982

This game still saddens me. This could've been the ultimate MMO...

What a joke of a Theme Park. There is nothing they can do to get away from that.

• achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726
    I'm intrigued by faster paced combat. SWTOR really needs it. Hopefully they'll trim down the ability bloat and lower or eliminate some of the cool downs. 
    Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • NyghthowlerNyghthowler Member UncommonPosts: 392
    All personal opinions about the game aside, that was a great trailer.
  • ElethonElethon Member UncommonPosts: 138
    Glad to hear they won't be focusing on individual stories anymore. I always felt it took too much development time and money, so each class could get its own story-line. 
  • observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    It's too bad the actual models don't look like the ones in the trailer.  In fact, that whole trailer isn't anything like the game.  It's misleading.  Does anyone really think the in-game cutscenes will be like that?  People are easily swayed though.

• purewitzpurewitz Member UncommonPosts: 489
    This is and Battlefront were the best announcements at the EA Press Conference, the rest was one long yawn fest. 

When we get back from where we are going, we will return to where we were. I know people there!

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Originally posted by Dauzqul

This game still saddens me. This could've been the ultimate MMO...

What a joke of a Theme Park. There is nothing they can do to get away from that.

Sure there is. They've got nothing but opportunity. They could do a sandbox. Will they? Meh, probably not. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

Originally posted by Azaron_Nightblade

BILL!!!!

REBELS and the Empire? REBELS??? How about Galactic Republic and the Empire? Hell it's not even the Empire(as in Galactic Empire), but Sith Empire, but one can use "the" prefix.

HM?

Clearly Bill is on the right side, and sees those Pubs as nothing but uppity rebels. image

Yeah, just keep on smiling, we all know who always wins in the end...

Evil never dies, bro.

Otherwise we wouldn't be looking at Star Wars VII, and VIII, IX, and who knows how many more! image

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

BILL!!!!

HM?

I have corrected the egregious mistake by BILL MURPHY, doubtless trying to divert attention from the RePUKElic, rebels against their true masters.

Love,

Sith Lord Yliah

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Originally posted by SBFord

BILL!!!!

HM?

I have corrected the egregious mistake by BILL MURPHY, doubtless trying to divert attention from the RePUKElic, rebels against their true masters.

Love,

Sith Lord Yliah

^See? The right side. image

• iridioniridion Member CommonPosts: 3

I recently got back into the game, normally i play wow formally for just raids because else there is not much to do. In swtor how it stands now a lot of stuff is new for me and i like it. About the new exp i am really looking forward to it, it seems like bioware has improved the game a lot from the days when the game was released,

PS: if you guys want to try the game out and here is my referral link, that will grand you 7 days free subscription. May the force be with you!!

• WikileaksEUWikileaksEU Member UncommonPosts: 108
    So will the new class skills be more in line with action combat type of combat and less static WoW type of combat? If that's true it will become a very good game. I won't assume GW2 or Tera action combat but more like Age of Wulin and those kind of games.
  • observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685

"BioWare promises lots more info to come on all the new class skills, but the main goal of the new powers is to increase the mobility and action of each class as they want the pace of combat to increase overall with KotFE.  Watching the Skytroopers fly around, come in through windows, and make combat more movement heavy gave a good impression that we’ll be doing a lot more moving during fights in the expansion."

This would be interesting to see.  Swtor's combat doesn't seem that slow anyway, but it will be nice to see how they make it more mobile.

• ZendaiZendai Member UncommonPosts: 115
    Pretty much guaranteed that you will be able to group through the content since none of it will be specifically your main class storyline, instead it will be a central story line that we can all take part in at the same time. I like that since its what makes SWTOR the best game to level in  group on (FFXIV and TSW are both very good as well) since you can compete with your friends in social content and tackle bosses in the same instance together. But I guess we will have to see, since Rishi and Yavin still didn't really let you group through the Revan fight (though if you did an Operation you wold :D)
  • Lerch2000Lerch2000 Member UncommonPosts: 9
    This comment might be true but you should post it on swtor forums, where there is a chance they might see it.
  • Lerch2000Lerch2000 Member UncommonPosts: 9
    Originally posted by Ozmodan
    Fine, but why not fix the space portion of the game.  It is avoided by most of the player base.  More storyline won't bring many of us back.  Even after NGE many SWG fans came back and just played the space portion of the game.  That is how important space is.  At present SWTOR is just another ground based game with light sabers instead of swords.  
    This comment might be true but you should post it on swtor forums, where there is a chance they might see it.

• BadOrbBadOrb Member UncommonPosts: 791
    Originally posted by Zendai
    Pretty much guaranteed that you will be able to group through the content since none of it will be specifically your main class storyline, instead it will be a central story line that we can all take part in at the same time. I like that since its what makes SWTOR the best game to level in  group on (FFXIV and TSW are both very good as well) since you can compete with your friends in social content and tackle bosses in the same instance together. But I guess we will have to see, since Rishi and Yavin still didn't really let you group through the Revan fight (though if you did an Operation you wold :D)

Hmm it seems not many people group up in groups above 2 then. If you had done Rishi and Yavin in a group of 3 or more then you would have had a shock , only two of the group could go into instances together. Also Ziost is the same . The only mission that you could go into was the two class mission conversations on Rishi. 

Don't get your hopes up for the new chapters either I'm afraid as what you said to some of your companions will affect what happens in the chapters , so no mixed conversation wheels for us , sadly. We are trying to get someone to answer this very question to no avail. Sigh.

I shall not solo 16 characters in the expansion , so they better test there stuff with 2-3-4 group members.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
    "SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
    The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

• eerbin13eerbin13 Member Posts: 3
    In short, you said "In short, ..." twice. I frown upon that.