Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Making Amends?

Comments

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Originally posted by Dakeru

Go to the Gw2 homepage and click the link to buy Gw2 - it will forward you to HoT instead.

Why should I differ if they list it as the same item?

You should not buy it if you think it's not worth it.

• MrSnufflesMrSnuffles Member UncommonPosts: 1,117

Heart of Robbery? Sounds about right.

$50 for an expansion is a lot. How FFXIV get's away with $40 on top of the monthly is a mystery to me too given the game is a boring lobby token grinder.

Well, not buying either, too many good game to play right now and more coming soon.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"It's pretty simple, really. If your only intention in posting about a particular game or topic is to be negative, then yes, you should probably move on. Voicing a negative opinion is fine, continually doing so on the same game is basically just trolling."
    - Michael Bitton
    Community Manager, MMORPG.com

"As an online discussion about Star Citizen grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Derek Smart approaches 1" - MrSnuffles's law

"I am jumping in here a bit without knowing exactly what you all or talking about." 
    - SEANMCAD

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
  • FangrimFangrim Member UncommonPosts: 616

Its the same as any other MMORPG,take WoW or EQ2. When for example these games released their 5th expansion 'new' players could get the lot the same price as people from launch got it but new get everything.

[mod edit]

• KenaoshiKenaoshi Member UncommonPosts: 1,022

Link to these responses pls?

Also, i am on the side "See are all HoT features before buying " side but record of Anet listen to feedback is... really bad. Aka CDIs.

PEACE :*

now: GW2 (11 80s).
    Dark Souls 2.
    future: Mount&Blade 2 BannerLord.
    "Bro, do your even fractal?"
    Recommends: Guild Wars 2, Dark Souls, Mount&Blade: Warband, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Harbinger of Fools
  • n3v3rriv3rn3v3rriv3r Member UncommonPosts: 496

if only people value more their money and eat less cr%p from developers. We would have better quality products, less dlcs and more content in games as they are.

You dont get it do you? You get less for the same money. Should I make it a picture or it is simple math enough:

new players: original game + expansion = 50

old players: expansion = 50

What is so hard to understand?

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066

It is nice when companies reward loyal customers.

That is rarely the case and that is why I keep jumping between service providers like insurance, electricity, internet, etc, taking advantage of the offers to lure new clients.

In this case though, it is not like there is an alternative to GW2.

So I've pre-ordered the expansion anyway. Even at the £80 for the Ultimate, I'm certain it will be a good value for me. And you get the gems and the extra stuff straight away.

For new players it is even more enticing.

If you buy a WoW account today you get all the WoW up to MoP. Previously you had to buy each expansion.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

Originally posted by n3v3rriv3r

if only people value more their money and eat less cr%p from developers. We would have better quality products, less dlcs and more content in games as they are.

You dont get it do you? You get less for the same money. Should I make it a picture or it is simple math enough:

It is easy then.

Old players should abandon their old account, that already paid for itself and get a brand new account with the original game + expansion for $50.

There same value.

Why do old players insist in upgrading their old account instead of getting more value?

Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

Who cares what new players get or don't get.

Purchase WoD and all expansions are free up to MoP...no one gave a crap about that, but for some reason GW2 is an issue. If I had purchased WoW back in 2004 and hadn't touched it until the WoD expansion came out, the entire lot of expansions are given for free.

Lets say you had to purchase all of WoWs expansions as they were released for only $39.99, that is roughly $199.95. Why is everyone so worried about $49.99? They feel slighted because someone got a better deal? That is a terrible way to go through life imho. 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

Originally posted by Gaia_Hunter

It is easy then.

Old players should abandon their old account, that already paid for itself and get a brand new account with the original game + expansion for $50.

There same value.

umm yes people that dont value their own time and thats another problem. time=money Tell me then ... did old players  really put the same amount of money into this game?

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    Originally posted by Thane

solution:

(step one)

sell your account to a friend (or ebay). give him (or ebay) your max lvl chars and items you won for yourselves during the last 3 years.

(step two)

buy the expension from the money you got from your friend (or ebay) and get the base game for free.

i already posted this in the original thread, but since you insisted on starting a new one, here, just for you i copy it again.

if you don't like your old acc that is what you do, if you like your old acc, you should stop bitching about that now. thank you.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Amjoco

Purchase WoD and all expansions are free up to MoP...no one gave a crap about that, but for some reason GW2 is an issue. If I had purchased WoW back in 2004 and hadn't touched it until the WoD expansion came out, the entire lot of expansions are given for free.

Lets say you had to purchase all of WoWs expansions as they were released for only $39.99, that is roughly $199.95. Why is everyone so worried about $49.99? They feel slighted because someone got a better deal? That is a terrible way to go through life imho. 

It's the price of a new game, will it offer enough content to justify that price? If yes there is no issue, if no, well there you have it.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

solution:

(step one)

sell your account to a friend (or ebay). give him (or ebay) your max lvl chars and items you won for yourselves during the last 3 years.

(step two)

buy the expension from the money you got from your friend (or ebay) and get the base game for free.

i already posted this in the original thread, but since you insisted on starting a new one, here, just for you i copy it again.

if you don't like your old acc that is what you do, if you like your old acc, you should stop bitching about that now. thank you.

tbh I dont see anything original here and I dont get it why you posted it again.

so basically you are saying because you dont care about your time and money nobody should?

well, if you dont like people bitching about this deal stop bitching about people bitching

It is easy then.

There same value.

umm yes people that dont value their own time and thats another problem. time=money Tell me then ... did old players  really put the same amount of money into this game?

It is a leisure activity. Time spent having fun is not an investment.

The investment is paying $50 to access new content.

The old content is available free of no additional charge.

Complaining that the price for the expansion is steep is fair, although not a view that will gather much support in a website full of people that defend proper MMORPGs should have box price + monthly sub.

Bitching that someone else is getting a base game for free when you have had 3 years of fun (thousands of hours of entertainment) is silly.

It is like complaining a movie you paid to see in the cinema 3 years ago is now available on free TV.

Originally posted by Distopia

It's the price of a new game, will it offer enough content to justify that price? If yes there is no issue, if no, well there you have it.

The highlighted sentence isn't the issue here, it's the bickering about being slighted when it happens all the time, not just in gaming, but in life. I go to the grocery store and buy a block of Sargento cheese and the next day it goes on sale. Now everyone that got the cheese the next day got a better deal than me! How about this, I bought Tera for $59.99 on release and then it went f2p, now everyone is playing it for free. Why don't I feel cheated? Because this is how life is. /shrug

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

It is easy then.

There same value.

It is a leisure activity. Time spent having fun is not an investment.

what is this a philosophical lecture? nothing is free and there are also rewards for peoples time spent in game

yes some players must buy ingame items that others get for free for just playing a game for a certain time.

you are bending over backward only to justify something that is plain and simple: old players get less for the same value

I've seen that argument a few times on the official forum and each time someone would answer that this simply isn't true.

Anyone who possessed the game got a free upgrade with all expansions excluding WoD.

Therefore they were rewarding their active player base.

Buying WoD had nothing to do with this.

Harbinger of Fools
  • ESSKAESSKA Member UncommonPosts: 107

I've seen that argument a few times on the official forum and each time someone would answer that this simply isn't true.

Anyone who possessed the game got a free upgrade with all expansions excluding WoD.

The people who already bought Cata and M.O.P didn't make a shit storm over it when it became a part of the base game though. I don't recall players blowing up the forums for blizzard trying to make the game more accessible to new players.

We got a lot of stuff in the 3 years of playing this game man. And experienced things new players will never be able to experience. And none of it cost  us any money at all after paying 49.99 to 99.99. The entitled label being put on you by others in this thread is correct. You got three years of solid game play.  WoD cost me 50 and i did not complain about blizzard giving away Cata or MOP for free after i bought both. 

Very weak argument and they are just twisting matters.

So, if this was the third, forth, or fifth GW2 expansion this would be an acceptable deal? In WoW you had to at least have had purchased the Base and then WoD, you can't just purchase the expansion, so what kind of reward is that to the player base?

Blizzard did the same thing just making it easier for new players, but even it still requires the basic purchase of WoW plus the expansion cost. 

Very weak argument and they are just twisting matters.

So, if this was the third, forth, or fifth GW2 expansion this would be an acceptable deal? In WoW you had to at least have had purchased the Base and then WoD, you can't just purchase the expansion, so what kind of reward is that to the player base?

Blizzard did the same thing just making it easier for new players, but even it still requires the basic purchase of WoW plus the expansion cost. 

Wait what?

You posted something where you are wrong and described things the opposite way of how they happened.

And now you say I have a weak argument?

Harbinger of Fools

You need to spend $15 to actually play the upgrade.

They aren't exactly giving something for free either.

• TruplayaUBTruplayaUB Member UncommonPosts: 46

Guys ... and maybe some Gurls :P .... i am a day 1 player ... and yes i also made a break from the game BUT!!! we had more then 2 years! no real content or stuff .... 

So i thought to myself that no firm / person alive makes a price for a object / thing which doesnt pay for the work the firm / person invested in ....  (and also make some money)

In the end the expansion and the new features / stuff / .... which will be added in, must be greater in content then GW2 from day 1    :) :)     

To make it short ... if the user dont get the content / features / stuff / .... for the amount of money he / she paid .... then the game will be as empty as wildstar .... its as easy as 1 2 3 .....  

And this is a FULL PRICE title :P .... so FULL ACTION will (and must) be in it ....     

( sorry for my english, but i am german :P )  

PS: if the expansion will not deliver from a userstandpoint,  can we use the 14 Day Back Guarantee ???  ;)

• st4t1ckst4t1ck Member UncommonPosts: 768
    The expansion is going to cost 50$ no matter what.  So you'd be fine if they charge everyone 50$ for that and take the base game out of new players and sell it to them for 10$.. about what a few year old mmo base is worth?
  • cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    just speak with your wallet. If you dont think its worth 50 bucks or more save your money and dont buy it. I only see the hardcore playerbase buying this expansion anyways since they all run around with typical asian crap like panda bears kites and plushy char on their backs anyways mopping up the cash shop. To anyone wanting actual content and a real expansion this is going to be lackluster at best with the price of admission sealing the deal for most. I do not understand why people want to change the company themselves so badly here. Let them shoot their ownselves in the foot and be forced to do a sale a lot sooner than expected. I know I took one look at the price and determined I wont be buying it as 50 bucks while I spend more in entertainment in a month at home this so called expansion looks like it sucks with very little effort thrown into it.

You need to spend $15 to actually play the upgrade.

They aren't exactly giving something for free either.

You mean in order to play WoW you need to pay a subscription?

I had no idea!

Harbinger of Fools