Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: Patch v6.2 to Drop on June 23rd

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Blizzard has laid out the schedule for the v6.2 patch and the addition of the raids in Hellfire Citadel, the next tier in World of Warcraft. Patch v6.2 will officially launch on Tuesday, June 23rd along with the Hellfire Citadel Normal and Heroic difficulties. Mythic difficulty and Raid Finder wings will open in the weeks following the patch deployment.

June 23 (with the release of Patch 6.2)

•    Hellfire Citadel Normal and Heroic difficulties open.

June 30

•    Mythic difficulty becomes available.

•    Raid Finder Wing 1 (Hellfire Assault, Iron Reaver, Kormrok) unlocks.

July 14

•     Raid Finder Wing 2 (Hellfire High Council, Kilrogg, Gorefiend) unlocks.

July 28

•    Raid Finder Wing 3 (Shadow-Lord Iskar, Socrethar the Eternal, Tyrant Velhari) unlocks.

August 11

•    Raid Finder Wing 4 (Fel Lord Zakuun, Xhul’horac, Mannoroth) unlocks.

August 25

•     Raid Finder Wing 5 (Archimonde) unlocks.

To celebrate the announcement of 6.2's release, Blizzard sent out a brand new trailer.

Want to know more? Head to the World of Warcraft community site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,361
    FFXIV heavenwarsd release date ? hahaha good luck blizz
  • Nickhead420Nickhead420 Member UncommonPosts: 251
    Hey, look!  WoW's gonna be relevant again for a couple months!
  • Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    Originally posted by Skuall

Lol, I m sure FFXIV is the last thing they re worried about.

• Asch126Asch126 Member RarePosts: 543
    Originally posted by Soki123

So it's a coincidence they release this right when Heavensward comes out. Ok.

• Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    Originally posted by Asch126

I agree they re doing it for a reason, but I doubt it s fearing XIV, if anything it s just to say ha.

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    GW2's update, FFXIV: Heavensward, and WoD 6.2 all on the same date.  This will be interesting. Haha.
  • DivyneDivyne Member UncommonPosts: 37
    Blizzard ALWAYS does this. Please dont act like its a coincidence, because we all know its not.
  • zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    It's good move even way, there just trying keep people hooked back in, it does work, as they done it befor, if didn't they would not try to do this again.
  • JimmydeanJimmydean Member UncommonPosts: 1,290
    Well typically I'd check out a new WoW patch, but release on same day as Heavensward? Bad move Blizzard. 
  • PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Typical blizzard move.  They are pretty well know to always try and launch big updates when any big comes up. FF14 likely is where some of those lost subs went and consider its growing (which is crazy considering most MMos tend to trend down) and as such its just the latest game to threaten them.

Claim 'its no threat' all you want, but new games (or ones that are competition releasing big updates or expansions) take away subs.  No company wants any loss in subs, it is only natural it would be pushed out at the same time to try and mitigate any hemorrhaging that game would cause. 

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Originally posted by Asch126

Well every game always does maint on the same day, so I'm sure it has to do with both the launch date of Heavensward and the fact that they have maint that night too.

• SaluteSalute Member UncommonPosts: 795

Despite i spent 10 years playing it and still there are many ppl who continue play WoW, imho its a dead horse. It only survives due to Blizz marketing policy, to relationship between the player base and the money & time effort put by most of them.

As much as i loved it, it doesn't deserve it anymore considering how many quality and b2p / f2p mmos are in the market and also the retarded and slow as death plan of their content patches.

All Time Favorites: EQ1, WoW, EvE, GW1
    Playing Now: WoW, ESO, GW2

• Speaking as someone who left wow for FFXIV(I actually played both at the same time for awhile), I can say that a single raid being released is not going to draw me back into the pure boredom that is wow.

In fact, for most people I highly doubt a single raid is enough to even bother subbing. This is more blizz saying "we are still here, don't forget us!" at a time when hype and talk and even subs for the game is at an all time low. Actually sort of sad and disappointing on blizzs part.
  • Originally posted by Skuall

yeah, blizz you won't get me into wow instead of FFXIV Heavensward :)

• sLY4JsLY4J Member UncommonPosts: 84
    Originally posted by Cervani
    Speaking as someone who left wow for FFXIV(I actually played both at the same time for awhile), I can say that a single raid being released is not going to draw me back into the pure boredom that is wow.

In fact, for most people I highly doubt a single raid is enough to even bother subbing. This is more blizz saying "we are still here, don't forget us!" at a time when hype and talk and even subs for the game is at an all time low. Actually sort of sad and disappointing on blizzs part.

This is true. I feel other than Garrisons that cause you to log in, start missions and log out, if you aren't doing LFR or raiding with guilds, you pretty much aren't doing a ton of other things. I really wish WoW would equal out the "Importance ratio" of raids/dungeons compared to everything else. 

I mean, if you wanna level a new toon, there's almost no point to quest and explore old lore because dungeons give SO much more XP than quests, and if you decide to just do dungeons in the new expansion, you tend to miss a TON of the NEW lore and quests. Sure there are other things, however Apexis crystal farming is hardly worth time, and other than recently with the grinding rep to fly in Draneor, rep means nothing, so at endgame, there isn't a ton to do. Hell even LFR gives you shit loot many times. And Pet battles... LULZ...

I really enjoyed the new expansion, however I leveled two characters to 100, ran some dungeons and raids, and i'm already through with it.

This is why I constantly go back to games like Rift, that not only have dungeons, but they have major events occurring, wardrobe hunting and mixing, dimensions, and farming marks/reps because it MATTERS. Also you have games like FFXIV that offer so much more outside dungeons and raids, and puts tons of time in its story, it really should make Blizzard think about adding OTHER elements to the game. Hell, SWTOR have ship battles, and Archeage has the sandbox elements. I hate to say it, but I almost wish WoW would get itself in DANGER just so we can see it change a lot of elements.

I WILL play devil's advocate and say that it's smart of them to release at FFXIV's release. A lot of you are missing the point. Blizzard isn't releasing it because of FEAR. Look at all aspects.. If they wait, FFXIV will get a ton of players and possibly new ones (ESPECIALLY with hype around the Final Fantasy name anyways as of now) and it may very well keep people out of WoW because it would be fresh.. Releasing it same day, many current WoW players and WoW players that aren't playing anymore see Blizzard releasing at the same day, and a lot of times people choose WoW because it's the monster they know and the rep it has along with longevity, they always sub back. I definitely have caught myself going "I like *Insert new MMORPG here* a lot, however do I wanna dig deep and learn NEW ways to play an MMORPG (Because let's face it, they do take a lot of dedication) OR should I stick with what I know, especially now it's coming out with new content."

If Blizzard DIDN'T release the patch on the same day, i'd almost feel it would be seeing a HUGE subscription drop and I would be surprised to see them drop to 5 million subs.

I for one will be playing Rift and possibly in the near future, play FFXIV if more of my RL friends play. Because FFXIV's expansion looks really good, and from what i've already played, it's pretty cool.

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960

Hmm, let's see. 

WoW 6.2

1. No flying, or locked behind insane requirements which will take a ton of grinding.
    2. Adding scaling mechanics to older dungeons and calling it new content. 
    3. No new dungeons.
    4. Yet another extremely short 4-5 wing raid. 
    5. More mind-numbing legendary item grinding.
    6. Did I mention no flying?
    7. Garrisons still bland and uninspired, and resembling a Facebook game.
    Heavensward
    1. Adding in flying.
    2. Has had scaling from release day forward. Also incentives for veteran players to run the content again to help newbies.
    3. About a half dozen new dungeons and trials, as well as new guildleves.
    4. New race.
    5. 3 New jobs.
    6. New skills for jobs / classes. 
    7. Free Company airships.
    8. New zones. 
    9. Level cap increase. 
    10. More stuff for personal / Free Company housing. 
    11. More crafting recipes
    12. A boatload of spanking new content that I won't list because I'll be up all night typing it. Seriously, just read the patch notes. 
    Now I know it's not really fair to compare one patch to an entire expansion pack. But even if you took Warlords of Draenor's content and added up everything from the expansion and every patch up to 6.2, it still won't equal the amount of content being released with Heavensward. Not even close. 

Guess which of these two games I'll be spending my time on this weekend...

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

is unfair comparing a patch with expansion.....

dont forget that FFXIV puts big patches (new raids , dungeons and new content ) every 3 months...is insanre the amount of content that SE puts every patch

hell they added Ninja in a patch , and gold saucer , and New primals to fight , New CT or Coil raid every patch...and new Main story quests , and "HM" dungeons arent the same dungeons with new boss mechanics , is like another wing of the same dungeon with new loot (new gear sets) and new bosses, new music even!.....

what blizz added since 5.0? oh true..... twitter and selfies, and Cash shop mounts with wings lol, Raids are good dont get me wrong , but come on....Blizz isnt even trying anymore....

• zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796

Don't forget there companies, there main income is from sub players ( and a side cash shop), but is a fair market that both are trying to get each and other sub players that are left out there.

• AvarixAvarix Member RarePosts: 665

is unfair comparing a patch with expansion.....

dont forget that FFXIV puts big patches (new raids , dungeons and new content ) every 3 months...is insanre the amount of content that SE puts every patch

hell they added Ninja in a patch , and gold saucer , and New primals to fight , New CT or Coil raid every patch...and new Main story quests , and "HM" dungeons arent the same dungeons with new boss mechanics , is like another wing of the same dungeon with new loot (new gear sets) and new bosses, new music even!.....

what blizz added since 5.0? oh true..... twitter and selfies, and Cash shop mounts with wings lol, Raids are good dont get me wrong , but come on....Blizz isnt even trying anymore....

Blizzard needs to step it up. 

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

yea sorry to burst your bubble, but blizz doesn't give a rat's ass about final fantasy (and neither do their players)

if you like that. sure thing, but stop pretending FFXIV could mess with WoW. you know it can not.

ps:  so i guess you can finally play FFXIV ? last ttime i checked the game already failed on the account creation.

i guess they got a real webdesigner now? *G*

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    The Witcher 3 replaced WoW for me. Kind of nice to play Single Player RPGs. Starting to become more fun than MMOs tbh. :)

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    ya seriously some asian grind mmo people are actually thinking blizzard gives a crap about. I do not play either but thinking blizzard said"hey lets release on this date because this game that already failed once is releasing an expansion that day" Tinfoil hat much ? 
  • AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    Originally posted by Thane

yea sorry to burst your bubble, but blizz doesn't give a rat's ass about final fantasy (and neither do their players)

if you like that. sure thing, but stop pretending FFXIV could mess with WoW. you know it can not.

ps:  so i guess you can finally play FFXIV ? last ttime i checked the game already failed on the account creation.

Sorry to burst YOUR bubble but who do YOU speak for? Do you have proof that Gaming companies never worry about competition or do you know every player personally to state your OPINION?

Kind of gets tiresome when people try to force their opinions onto others as facts.

In a Business sense...Blizzard (and all other Gaming companies) will ALWAYS worry about what the competition is doing. That is common sense.

Your post sounds so "Fan-boish" Great, we all know you love WoW, but do not come here posting false information based on your ASSumption.

Have a great day. :)

PS. I play neither because MMOs are plagued with immaturity that is only getting worse in MMOs.

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

Originally posted by Thane

FFXIV:ARR has been doing fine in 2 years (is a sub game that has been gaining players and didnt lost 80% of its player base after 2 months) , 2 years and is still P2P , and is releasing a huge expansion on 23rd , tomorrow starts the EA ...

FFXIV:ARR has been messing with wow since it was released lol , the amount of ex-wow players on FFXIV is huge , tired of wow / waiting on patches that release crap content , the difference is that Blizz doesnt give a !·!$ anymore , while other companys are working their ass off to keep players happy and get new customers....

Blizz is busy with Hearthstone / hots and overwatch , wow is on stand by , and getting the min work done to keep the game afloat .....WoD has been a failure period.

If blizz doesnt give a shit....they are for a rude awakening ....3M players quit on the firs quarter....if that doesnt make Blizz wake up and start working on WoW......then nothing will

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

the reason WOW for me is still on top, is it is by far the best pvp on the market

also there is no comparison in combat.  WOW is smooth and continuous while FF14 is sit and wait to press button game left me bored to tears