Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Making Amends?

DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

*editing this to add this petition to the OP*

https://www.change.org/p/anet-add-one-character-slot-for-all-expansion-purchases-and-offer-a-standalone-hot-expansion-purchase-2b57d70e-fe5e-4ffa-844d-c487e154dc74#petition-letter

Posted this on the Heart of Robbery thread but one post on 10+ pages can be easily missed so:

"Hey all,

We understand that there are many opinions and suggestions about the game versions and the pre-purchase program. We will continue to read your thoughts and thank you for sharing them."

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Forum Communications Team Lead

30 mins ago

That's the nicer version of "Woops 60 pages of shitstorm on the official forum and 2500 shit posts on reddit.. guess we have to say something at this point."

*10 mins ago*

"I should be a bit more clear: Please don’t take a comment like “we’re reading your thoughts” lightly. That’s truly not a dismissive comment, but one that is intended to let you know that feedback from our forum members and players will be shared with the team as a whole.

In fact, I’ll edit my previous post to make that a bit more visible."

I haven't given up on Anet yet, to make the right call on this.

Harbinger of Fools

Comments

• GestankfaustGestankfaust Member UncommonPosts: 1,989
    ^Why...this thread?

"This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to. Relax....."

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Originally posted by Gestankfaust
    ^Why...this thread?

Because the shitstorm is so big that Anet may reconsider?

Harbinger of Fools
    Originally posted by Dakeru
    ^Why...this thread?

It's a shitstorm by people that live on making shitstorms....if they reconsider...they are weak. The shitstorm will always be there/here. And will always be freakin stupid

Originally posted by Torval
    ^Why...this thread?

Reconsider what? There are 3 packages: $50 for the xpac, $75 for characters slot and goodies, $100 for all that plus 4k gems.

Pick one. Or not.

Reconsider that new players pay 50 and get ~30 zones   -  old players pay 50 and get ~3 zones

You guys love tossing around this word "entitlement"

But I don't see why my 50 bucks are worth less than that of any other customer.

Harbinger of Fools
  • Righteous_RockRighteous_Rock Member RarePosts: 1,234
    when the expac was announced and it wasn't a free expac, I deleted GW2 from my pc, no use in playing a game that has a cash shop and rediculous upfront fees. Now that's what I call entitlement, but you know what, I am entitled to the expac for free because they have cash shops. I would gladly pay for the expac if there wasn't any cash shop. Oh well I guess they won't get any of my money.

Yes I am throwing in the generalization card because that's what people seem to do on the Heart of Robbery thread nonstop.

Entitlement Entitlement Entitlement

If a new player pays 50$ and gets GW2 and HoT as bundle then I want the same. Same price - same product.

It's as easy as that.

Harbinger of Fools

It's as easy as that.

Because it's the internet...otherwise is just fuel for the shitstorm

Nothing will come of this...it isn't helping anything

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

Yes I am throwing in the generalization card because that's what people seem to do on the Heart of Robbery thread nonstop.

If a new player pays 50$ and gets GW2 and HoT as bundle then I want the same. Same price - same product.

It's as easy as that.

Wait, what? You expect a 3 year old game to cost the same 3 years ago as it does today?

It's as easy as that.

Because it's the internet...otherwise is just fuel for the shitstorm

Nothing will come of this...it isn't helping anything

Because companies never changed their minds in the past when they noticed that they had messed up, right?

Harbinger of Fools
    Originally posted by BeansnBread

It's as easy as that.

Wait, what? You expect a 3 year old game to cost the same 3 years ago as it does today?

No I expect to pay 50$ and get one code for the basic game which I will give to a friend and one code for HoT which I will use for myself.

Harbinger of Fools
  • FomaldehydeJimFomaldehydeJim Member UncommonPosts: 673

This really is the age of entitlement. People are too accustomed to a few whales paying for their "free" games or the rampant theft of copyrighted material on the internet. When they are told they have to pay for a product they whine and stamp their feet.  

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,173

It's as easy as that.

forget entitlement, its an expansion,  think of it this way, if you bought the game when it first came out, and you kept playing you get all of the living world stories free.  That in itself is a decent amount of gems,  you got more than enough time to purchase gems with gold and so on, you have multiple years worth of playtime....

So what if someone gets the initial game plus the xpac...  this is the same as what GW1 did.  By the end of it  you could pick up all expansions for the price of a single box.. its just how it is.  They can't sell the xpac as a standalone, so they HAVE to sell it as a bundle -- that doesn't really mean anything to people who have been playing for multiple years.   Would I have LIKED a new character slot with the xpac?  Sure.  But I have more than enough gold to swap into gems for a ton of slots if I wanted.

I think its just a silly argument.  I think the 50 dollars is fair for the expansion and the previous 50 dollars spent on the game (if you bought it on launch) was worth the few years worth of playtime. I feel like those that spend more should be able to spend more if they want.  Truth be told its smart of them to do it... because as much as those players crying about the price now protest, those are the core players that won't do without it even if they complain, even if they tell everyone else they'll leave the game if they don't change it....  People can easily just walk away, but they won't.  

Anything Anet does to "appease" the community now, will never be enough, and they'll find a way to take it back later.  They always do.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Originally posted by BeansnBread

It's as easy as that.

No I expect to pay 50$ and get one code for the basic game which I will give to a friend and one code for HoT which I will use for myself.

Oh, well, that's not going to happen. However, you can buy a separate account and get a full GW2 with the expansion and keep your current one regular if you want to. That would give you equal value.

• NasaNasa Member UncommonPosts: 739
    For veteran players the included core game is like useless spam and still it is used to justify the high price tag.
  • hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015

i just want to know exactly what's in the xpac. not really interested in more pve zones or guild halls.

haven't even explored all of the original zones yet.

so far what interest me are new pvp maps and elite specs.

50$ is quite alot for me at this time so least they could do is show what that includes.

I had fun once, it was terrible.

It's as easy as that.

Well, I didn't use the word entitlement so don't shove words into my mouth. But now that you explained yourself, you are acting entitled. You feel you're entitled to a package that isn't being offered. You pretty much made yourself clear about that.

If you people won't pay $50 for an xpac then too bad I guess. Good luck with that lol.

Funny, could have sworn I saw the package on the pre-order page.

Having said so, I am going to bed. I posted the response of the community manager because I am sure that some people will care about it.

And I still have enough faith in Anet for them to realize that it's a stupid idea to give less content to some customers despite paying the same amount of money.

Harbinger of Fools
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    ^Why...this thread?

Reconsider what? There are 3 packages: $50 for the xpac, $75 for characters slot and goodies, $100 for all that plus 4k gems.

Pick one. Or not.

Reconsider that new players pay 50 and get ~30 zones   -  old players pay 50 and get ~3 zones

You guys love tossing around this word "entitlement"

But I don't see why my 50 bucks are worth less than that of any other customer.

people still dont get it......

The expansion is $50 bucks. If the expansion only has 3 zones, that is priced at $50 bucks. The game included is a bonus, if you happen to not have the game already then you are in luck. If you already have the game then you dont have to worry about anything because you are just paying for the cost of the expansion which is $50 bucks, give the extra game to your friend.

/facepalm.

...?

/facepalm

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

It's as easy as that.

No one complained when they purchased WoD and got all the expansions up to MoP for free. I bought WoD and didn't feel cheated because someone else bought it and got 3 or 4 other expansions for the same thing I did. This entire thread and the other one make no sense to me. If you want the expansion just buy it.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by rojoArcueid

/facepalm.

...?

/facepalm

I think its about time for /head->desk

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• gunmanvladgunmanvlad Member UncommonPosts: 281

Judging by how the original game was $50 = 200-300 hours of gameplay (I don't think that there are many/any other games with that kind of Value for money)...

The EXPAC will most likely be at least $50 = 100 hours of gameplay...again name 10 games in the last 3 years that offer that.

IMO this is just terrible timing, because we've had expansive RPGs recently like Pillars of Eternity, Witcher 3, GTA 5 for PC, that offered good value for money. So people are now expecting miracles....again...a.k.a. GW2 must again offer more value than any other game.

My only personal gripe here would be that it took them so long to release the expansion...

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257

It's as easy as that.

Maybe you can sell your account then and buy a new one to get this awesome deal?

• reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Originally posted by FomaldehydeJim

This really is the age of entitlement. People are too accustomed to a few whales paying for their "free" games or the rampant theft of copyrighted material on the internet. When they are told they have to pay for a product they whine and stamp their feet.  

Not really, I see almost no one complaining about the price of the FFXIV expansion. 

Now whether this is due to the FFXIV expansion being $10 less, offering far more content, or just that gw2 has accumulated a bunch of players who want everything for free is an open question.

• MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015

Many of you are misunderstanding the situation. 

You can no longer buy vanilla GW2 on their website. The only package that exists is $50 for HoT + core as a 'gift' to new players. You can't buy GW2 then later on buy HoT which is what many were lead to believe prior to pre-purchase.

So in reality we aren't paying for an expansion anymore. We are rebuying the full game at the same price as a new player (price is not an issue - its value) and while new players get a 'gift' of 5 char slots existing players do not have a cheaper 'upgrade' option.

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    I don't understand these arguments. So you are complaining because the game cost 50 dollars on launch. Now the expansion comes with that, and costs 50 dollars so you are mad? But the people who didn't own the base game back in the day didn't play for this 3 year period, so you lost out because you have been enjoying it? This makes no sense. That's like complaining that a GOTY edition comes out for a game, when you already owned the base game. Sure people now are paying 50 dollars to get into the game, but that doesn't mean that they are getting more content than you are, you already owned the game. So they just are experiencing the same thing you have been for the last 3 years, but they waited until now to even try it. You get new zones to play in, so what's the big issue? 

Go to the Gw2 homepage and click the link to buy Gw2 - it will forward you to HoT instead.

Why should I differ if they list it as the same item?

Harbinger of Fools