Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] General: Elder Scrolls vs Fallout

2»

Comments

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

Originally posted by twitch242
    RPG wise both F3 and Skyrim sucked ! Nothing worse than playing games that treat you like youre braindead. Not as bad as Oblivion but F3 came close !
    Oblivion is worse game in Elder Scrolls series period. Played Morrowind 1500 hours+(best in the series by far) maybe more played Skyrim 2800+ played Oblivion maybe just under 100 hours never liked it terible game.

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by Classicstar

Originally posted by twitch242
    RPG wise both F3 and Skyrim sucked ! Nothing worse than playing games that treat you like youre braindead. Not as bad as Oblivion but F3 came close !

Oblivion is worse game in Elder Scrolls series period. Played Morrowind 1500 hours+(best in the series by far) maybe more played Skyrim 2800+ played Oblivion maybe just under 100 hours never liked it terible game.

Opinions vary, while i am a huge fan of TES, even though i think ESO is terrible, but different company made it so that can be expected i guess, i actually liked Oblivion a lot, its still on my hard drive, along with Skyrim, and while i don't play it every week, it is a game i enjoy the odd evening playing. Fallout however, i hated with a passion, and if the next one is anything like Fallout 3.. then i will definitely give that game a miss, sight unseen. I did like Morrowind though, even though my survival rate in that game was often horribly bad image

• PyrateLVPyrateLV Member CommonPosts: 1,096

Fallout

1- Great

2- Great

3- Ok

New Vegas- Great

4- ?

Elder Scrolls

Arena- Good

Daggerfall- Great

Battlespire- Terrible

Redguard- Horrible

Morrowind- Great

Oblivion- Meh

Skyrim- Great

ESO- Terrible

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
    Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT
    Playing: Skyrim
    Following: The Repopulation
    I want a Virtual World, not just a Game.
    ITS TOO HARD! - Matt Firor (ZeniMax)

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Originally posted by seamonkey001
    I will have to go with the Elder Scrolls series, where else can you be a magic wielding wizard or a arrow shooting ranger? Fallout you are just another wanderer of the desolate wasteland.

I would agree only because nobody takes a fallout looking world with interaction.The world in Fallout will be a simple area of  blocks with a texture pasted on the side of the buildings and nothing more.That is where destructive surfaces woudl be cool because then you would actually change the world everyday.Then of course you also need building tools as well,none of that will happen so to me seeing dead buildings is not much up on seeing nothing.

It is however possible to create some real cool weapons in a Fallout type  game.My favorite weapon of all time and by a long shot is the Shock Combo from UT99 you can't get that stuff in a Fantasy setting.Both type games share the same type damage though just using different terminology,example AOE and splash damage,mid range Fireblast versus Minigun and long range arrows versus distant/sniper.

Personally what i have seen is Fantasy does not bode well for pvp at all because it NEVER utilizes well made maps and ALL combat tends to be right up close with no defense aside from silly matrix rolls.normal combat tends to utilize climbing and zaxis and avoiding contact rather than run up and swing your staff or sword or knife.BOTH type of games can offer player to player combos though,example toss oil and another player lights it on fire or the Sneak Attack/Trick attack from FFXI as an example.Basically Fantasy relies a LOT more on melee than a Fallout game would.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• showta4265showta4265 Member UncommonPosts: 1
    Just my personal opinion, but I prefer Fallout series. Most likely because I lean toward sci-fi setting over fantasy.
  • immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610

Originally posted by Gruug

Originally posted by Brenics Fallout should be a lot better than ESOTU, made by two different companies and right now ZoS has no idea how to fix bugs or deal with players. Glad I have FO4 coming out to fall back on. :-D

The article is not about ESO or ZoS in any way. It is about ES the single player series versus the Fallout series only. But you could say that accurately that Elder Scrolls (Skyrim) IS better the ESO.

The above aside, I have always liked Elder Scrolls better but only slightly. Each has its own perks, quirks and flourishes. I am not even sure it is fair to compare ES series to FO series in many ways simply due to subject matter.

The screenshot clearly showing a ESO Argonian nota true Elder Scroll screens shot. This site clearly shows it´s lack of respect for solo series WHICH IS ORIGINAL ELDER SCROLL ESO is just a rippoff cheap abomination made by ZM.

So article is about Fallout 4 vs ESO or about true Elder Scroll series?

Mmorpg.com typical site of whats popular and hyped and what they favor it's lack of good game coverage is real sad.

Im very afraid for next TRUE elder Scroll 6 which i think will be totally screwed by influence of crap called ESO and ZM+fans influence even tho Skyrim is one of most succefull solo RPG is in history of gaming(don't mean best but most succeful(also because of mods)):(

If your referring to this screenshot:

That's a screenshot of Skyrim, not ESO. And stop with with the true nonsense, you're making yourself look silly. (You've done that already not knowing the difference between a Skyrim and ESO screenshot. You mustn't be a 'true' fan image)

• ThebeastttThebeasttt Member RarePosts: 1,130
    Since TESO exists I'm gonna have to give this to Fallout. Lesson learned.
  • ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

I love both FA and ES alot, but FA has the upper hand IMVPO, and here is why:

There are many Fantasy worlds and game series, but there is only one game series like Fallout. Fallout is truly one of a kind. Second, Fallout is a version of our world, not some fantasy land, and that makes a special kind of fascination.

Finally, New Vegas was indeed the superior game to F3, but let's keep in mind that was made by Obsidian not Bethesda. Let's just hope Bethesda learned from Obsidian for F4.

Spooky sidenote: Many times in my life I had dreamed to walk the ruins of Berlin, where I live, after nuclear WW3, and when I played Fallout 3, I felt "wow this looks excactly like the world I saw in my dreams so many times." So that has a special place for me.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• corvascorvas Member UncommonPosts: 151
    Originally posted by immodium

Originally posted by Gruug

Originally posted by Brenics Fallout should be a lot better than ESOTU, made by two different companies and right now ZoS has no idea how to fix bugs or deal with players. Glad I have FO4 coming out to fall back on. :-D

The article is not about ESO or ZoS in any way. It is about ES the single player series versus the Fallout series only. But you could say that accurately that Elder Scrolls (Skyrim) IS better the ESO.

The above aside, I have always liked Elder Scrolls better but only slightly. Each has its own perks, quirks and flourishes. I am not even sure it is fair to compare ES series to FO series in many ways simply due to subject matter.

The screenshot clearly showing a ESO Argonian nota true Elder Scroll screens shot. This site clearly shows it´s lack of respect for solo series WHICH IS ORIGINAL ELDER SCROLL ESO is just a rippoff cheap abomination made by ZM.

So article is about Fallout 4 vs ESO or about true Elder Scroll series?

Mmorpg.com typical site of whats popular and hyped and what they favor it's lack of good game coverage is real sad.

Im very afraid for next TRUE elder Scroll 6 which i think will be totally screwed by influence of crap called ESO and ZM+fans influence even tho Skyrim is one of most succefull solo RPG is in history of gaming(don't mean best but most succeful(also because of mods)):(

If your referring to this screenshot:

That's a screenshot of Skyrim, not ESO. And stop with with the true nonsense, you're making yourself look silly. (You've done that already not knowing the difference between a Skyrim and ESO screenshot. You mustn't be a 'true' fan image)

and btw that logo on that picture is also from Skyrim, dont know why people claim this is from ESO, it is clearly an Skyrim ingame picture

• TurtleDGr8TurtleDGr8 Member Posts: 58

There's no poll?!?  C'mon, this is the perfect thread for a poll!

My preference is Fallout.  I just can't get into the Elder Scrolls series.  Maybe it's the setting.  I prefer my Medieval Fantasy more fantastic and colorful rather than edging towards gritty realism.  I'm OK with my post apocalyptic fantasy edging towards fantastic and colorful though.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by Thebeasttt
    Since TESO exists I'm gonna have to give this to Fallout. Lesson learned.

TESO was a game entirely developed by Zenimax, the other TES games, Skyrim, Oblivion, Morrowind etc. were developed by Bethesda, indeed, the only part Bethesda had in TESO, was as a publisher. Worth bearing in mind if you are going to pre-judge their future games. image

• Stuka1000Stuka1000 Member UncommonPosts: 955

I don't think that any game where one character can rise to be the head of the fighters guild / mages guild / thieves guild/ dark brotherhood and just about any other guild out there at the same time can lay claim to anything to be honest.  Right there is where Bethesda missed an ideal opportunity to promote multiple playthrough sessions.  ES has always had bland characters voice acted by the same five or six distinct people and clunky combat mechanics, not to mention poor story.

In the end it comes down to wether or not you prefer sci-fi or fantasy but for me Fallout is superior.

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Originally posted by PyrateLV

Fallout

1- Great, Great

2- Great, Great

3- Ok, Much greater in the sense I already wished for F1/2 to be more 3d then it's isometric view, the game became so much more immersive just lacking some pretty neat feature's and missed some of it's humor from 1/2

New Vegas- Great, Great

4- ? Almost bet it will be great

Elder Scrolls

Arena- Good, didn't play

Daggerfall- Great, Great

Battlespire- Terrible, didn't play

Redguard- Horrible, didn't play

Morrowind- Great, Great

Oblivion- Meh, Enjoyed it with mixed feelings...

Skyrim- Great, Good

ESO- Terrible, Very enjoyable in a solo/social way for me.

Green = me

• DarkstarzDarkstarz Member UncommonPosts: 7
    Originally posted by strawhat0981
    Originally posted by ElRenmazuo
    fallout for me. Love science fiction and post apocalypse more than fantasy

Same here.

same also