Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

B2P is the right way to go.....?

ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

For some time I thought the game would be F2P, perhaps read to much forum posts saying that. But was disappointed to read so.

But it felt really good reading the game will actually be B2P: Frequently Asked Questions yeah I know I'm sometimes slow meh hehe....

Well I just became allot more interested again in the game. Because overall the game is shaping up great. 

Must admit I rather would have liked seeing the game subscription based, but B2P will do :P

Do YOU feel it's the right way to go B2P or maybe you feel they should have done F2P or Subscription or maybe even something not common?

ps: kinda am wondering would CCP be working hard on Walking on stations (undercover sort of)

Comments

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    I like B2P.  I don't even mind if they have a cosmetic type cash shop to keep a continuous revenue stream.

I self identify as a monkey.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    It's not really B2P, more like BIA, Buy in Advance, at least for now.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    IF there still selling people ships, then be more on free to play fit well for them.
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130

I think that the model they have right now seems pretty effective for them. I know some will say "OH! P2W!!!", but as long as the ships can still be obtained within the game with some effort (within reason) then I don't see why that's a problem. At this point they've, arguably, made more money than, possibly, the majority of MMORPGs on the market, so why would they even consider adding a box price? All it serves to do is prevent people from entering their game world and spending money.

I think that the F2P model is just fine for them. Maybe add in the option of monthly sub which would give you premium currency on a monthly basis, so you can buy ships or whatever. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829

I personally prefer B2P tbh. The Secret World got it right when they said that it keeps the worst elements out of the community. (For the most part at least)

And it forces people to support their game at least a little.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• HabitualFrogStompHabitualFrogStomp Member UncommonPosts: 370
    The Buy2notplay model seems to be working the best, it saves them money on bandwidth, which is money better spent on advertising.