Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New bits of ingame footage and motion capturing

DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926

Star Citizen at the E3 PC gaming show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXpJmxleflw

Comments

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    That looks pretty awesome, and miles above what the other indies are coming up with.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933
    Originally posted by Azaron_Nightblade
    That looks pretty awesome, and miles above what the other indies are coming up with.

With 84 million dollars in funding, a developer team of 250 people and offices in both the USA and Europe (Frankfurt) Cloud Imperium Games doesn't really fall under the "indie" category. image

• rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    Haven't looked at SC for ages, how did the FPS release go?
  • DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926
    Originally posted by Shodanas

With 84 million dollars in funding, a developer team of 250 people and offices in both the USA and Europe (Frankfurt) Cloud Imperium Games doesn't really fall under the "indie" category. image

Indie just means there are no publisher suits involved, and no shareholders.

Star Citizen is the most indie project one could possibly imagine. No profit hungry vultures in the background who want to turn it into candy crush or cash in with console versions and Xbone exclusive batshit.

SC is the ultimate definition of indie project. the budget is FROM backers and the game is made FOR Backers only.

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,181
    Originally posted by DocBrody

the game is made FOR Backers only.

Really, they aren't going to sell it after launch. C'mon man, I get your point but at least try to be a little bit real.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926
    Originally posted by skeaser

Really, they aren't going to sell it after launch. C'mon man, I get your point but at least try to be a little bit real.

after launch of course they´ll sell it, that´s not what I meant.

I mean they don´t have some shareholders or publishers like Microsoft breathing down their necks who want to make a quick buck by dumbing down the game and/or putting it out on consoles. They´ll put the after-launch money back into the game development, like they do now. Most importantly PC ONLY, for the foreseeable future. This won´t run on any console, maybe Xbox Two and PS5 but this console generation is far too weak for Star Citizen.

• ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933

Star Citizen is the most indie project one could possibly imagine. No profit hungry vultures in the background who want to turn it into candy crush or cash in with console versions and Xbone exclusive batshit.

SC is the ultimate definition of indie project. the budget is FROM backers and the game is made FOR Backers only.

Indie means much more than just the absent of suits, shareholders and deadlines. An indie game is one developed by a small team of people, without a plethora of funds and technical means, without utilizing a state of the art and expensive engine, without having dev teams on two continents. 

And i'm so very glad that the aforementioned do not apply to SC. Because frankly, i do not think much of indie games except maybe a handfull of titles. 

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141

I mean they don´t have some shareholders or publishers like Microsoft breathing down their necks who want to make a quick buck by dumbing down the game and/or putting it out on consoles. They´ll put the after-launch money back into the game development, like they do now. Most importantly PC ONLY, for the foreseeable future. This won´t run on any console, maybe Xbox Two and PS5 but this console generation is far too weak for Star Citizen.

Wow I cant believe you had to clarify that to someone.  The fact that the game will actually be available for sale when its finished lol.

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    I hope SC turns out as great as its potential.
  • skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,181
    Originally posted by goboygo

Wow I cant believe you had to clarify that to someone.  The fact that the game will actually be available for sale when its finished lol.

Wow I can't believe you didn't see how over dramatic his original post was.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• MinscMinsc Member UncommonPosts: 1,353

Indie means much more than just the absent of suits, shareholders and deadlines. An indie game is one developed by a small team of people, without a plethora of funds and technical means, without utilizing a state of the art and expensive engine, without having dev teams on two continents. 

And i'm so very glad that the aforementioned do not apply to SC. Because frankly, i do not think much of indie games except maybe a handfull of titles. 

Last time I checked indie was short for independent, meaning no publisher or shareholders. It says nothing about how big a studio is.

• screecwescreecwe Member UncommonPosts: 127
    Originally posted by Minsc

Last time I checked indie was short for independent, meaning no publisher or shareholders. It says nothing about how big a studio is.

^