Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FF7 Remake is Happening!

RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
Just saw it from the Sony conference! I am just... SO HAPPY!

Smile

Comments

• UrobulusUrobulus Member UncommonPosts: 29

OMFG JUST SAW IT TOO!!!!!! CAN'T BELIEVE THAT SHIT IS FINALLY HAPPENING AFTER ALL THOSE YEARS!!!!!!!!

My wife just looked at me funny because I'm just shitting my pants right now, squealing, clapping my hands, jumping everywhere....

OMFG IT'S HAPPENING PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,585

I honestly didn't care for a remake...and then that damn opening theme with Aeris selling flowers started. Holy Crap, nostalgia overload, I know now I needed this in my life.

• TyggsTyggs Member UncommonPosts: 456
    Neighbors outside just looked at my home as they heard my shouts of joy.

SWTOR Referral Link

Free Goodies for new or returning players.

See what it gets you Here

• BraindomeBraindome Member UncommonPosts: 959
    Not exclusive to PS4.
  • ragz45ragz45 Member UncommonPosts: 810
    Sooooo same exact storyline etc?  Just new graphics?
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

i didnt know what was happening until i read "Remake" at the end of the presentation.

This is fantastic, SE finally decided to do it.

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Watching that trailer is the best thing after coming home from work
  • yaminsuxyaminsux Member UncommonPosts: 973
    They are milking you guys, SE cant produce quality FF anymore. Meh.
  • ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Originally posted by yaminsux

Assassins Creed is milking, A final fantasy 7 remake after how many years of waiting?  That aint milking and Final Fantasy 15 is a quality final fantasy.  In my opinion 13 was the only one that didnt live up to the other final fantasy games but it was not a bad game, it was better than most jrpgs

• yaminsuxyaminsux Member UncommonPosts: 973
    Originally posted by ElRenmazuo
    Originally posted by yaminsux

Assassins Creed is milking, A final fantasy 7 remake after how many years of waiting?  That aint milking and Final Fantasy 15 is a quality final fantasy.  In my opinion 13 was the only one that didnt live up to the other final fantasy games but it was not a bad game, it was better than most jrpgs

Not talking FF7 per se, but the whole FF series. Remake and ports after remake and ports. Search Google Apps Store, tons of old FF for premium price.

Steam have a few FF ports to PC from FF6 to FF8 and all are priced well above their age. *Gasp* there is FF7 in there. Now that I think about it, FF7: Crisis Core.

As for FF15, it's still up there, they said the same about FF13 (awesome bla, bla, bla). But it turns out to be bad. I reserve my opinion for FF15 until it is released.

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    Something tells me they will redo some stuff and make it much more linear. From a technical perspective, the open world map with 70 hours of gameplay may be a limiting factor in modern graphics. One thing I have noticed is that Square Enix has had a lot more engine development positions open up in the last 4 years. They don't even care about people being able to speak Japanese now.
  • SephastusSephastus Member UncommonPosts: 455

Most probably they will keep the story the same, but will change everything else, from combat to minigames. They had better get Nabuo Oematsu back for the soundscore and keep most of it faithful to his vision, cause sound was one of the things that kept me reminiscing about the game. And o man.... they NEED to add voices... baritone for Barret, cutesy Japanese for Yuffie are musts ect...  

**Spoilers

And they had better keep certain acts the same, with no possibility of a rescue/resurrection. The story dramatically needs that, because an option to alter that would mean that ANY OTHER OUTCOME would be seen as "bad", even though it is actually the original story.