Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Xsyon - finaly my game

BarndrasBarndras Member CommonPosts: 10

Hi all !

I am playing mmos since UO, and i like a skill system instead of boring lvl ups.

Last years i played DFUW and Mortal Online, and Archeage ,but i want more....

After a long search i found Xsyon on steam . I remembered the game very well, tried it out a few years ago, but i think i was not ready for this complex game.

I have to say i a am not a great builder, but i like the crafting system very much. In most games you are limited what kind of things you are able to craft, but not here, i can do what i want. The community is very nice,some much help ingame, and none of this stupid chat flamewars you see in other games.

A few days ago the devs implemented a massive architecture patch. As i said befor i am not a great builder, but after this update i train my architecture skill and try to build on my own and with my tribe members.

Finaly i found my game,and i want to stay.

Comments

• vadio123vadio123 Member UncommonPosts: 593
    I glad you like because i buy this game in beta days and find alot lies and promises 
  • Adjuvant1Adjuvant1 Member RarePosts: 2,100
    How's that subscription-based open beta 7 year plan treating you?
  • F0URTWENTYF0URTWENTY Member UncommonPosts: 349

The only thing this game has is building, and once you have what you want you will find out theres nothing else to do. Combat is a joke. PVE is a joke. Enjoy the fun while it lasts you will be bored playing with the 20 other people online soon.

• BarndrasBarndras Member CommonPosts: 10
    Originally posted by vadio123
    I glad you like because i buy this game in beta days and find alot lies and promises 

I talked a lot with older players on the PVE server, they did not tell me anything about lies or promises.
    Anyways, i know it is a smal dev team, so we all know i takes some time and money to release new stuff.

Originally posted by Sketch420

The only thing this game has is building, and once you have what you want you will find out theres nothing else to do. Combat is a joke. PVE is a joke. Enjoy the fun while it lasts you will be bored playing with the 20 other people online soon.

Well i am not bored, as the stats system is open, i have enough to do for years.

Atm i try to raise my HP too so i am able to kill the biger mobs :-)

• F0URTWENTYF0URTWENTY Member UncommonPosts: 349
    Originally posted by Barndras

Well i am not bored, as the stats system is open, i have enough to do for years.

Atm i try to raise my HP too so i am able to kill the biger mobs :-)

So your plan is to grind stats in a game with 20-50 people max online? There's nothing to do with those stats because of how bad pve and pvp are.

I'm not just hating on the game, I bought it on release, was leader of a clan of 25 people and we all came to the same conclusion. The development is so slow that nothing really has changed in regards to gameplay or being fun to play. And yes, I follow the updates to it. When I first started playing building and teraforming was great and I thought it would be the greatest thing ever, but they just never made combat any better. Bad combat= bad game no matter how great the building is. 

So your plan is to grind stats in a game with 20-50 people max online? There's nothing to do with those stats because of how bad pve and pvp are.

I'm not just hating on the game, I bought it on release, was leader of a clan of 25 people and we all came to the same conclusion. The development is so slow that nothing really has changed in regards to gameplay or being fun to play. And yes, I follow the updates to it. When I first started playing building and teraforming was great and I thought it would be the greatest thing ever, but they just never made combat any better. Bad combat= bad game no matter how great the building is. 

Why a bad combat ? Do mean pvp ?

Well i am not a pvp player, i am playing on the pve server, and i like the challenge to fight a bears or deers with my tribe mates. Good we have a veteran player with us, otherwise we would die every time ;-)

With the mats from the animals we are able to craft new powerfull weapons or other stuff.

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    From what I remember there is little to no combat mob wise. So if your on a PVE server its pretty much a building sim.  Is that still true?
    Originally posted by goboygo
    From what I remember there is little to no combat mob wise. So if your on a PVE server its pretty much a building sim.  Is that still true?

Definitely  no.

There are diffent zones with lower/higher/extreme/unknown danger levels.

Higher danger level = more and stronger mobs.

• ArazaleArazale Member Posts: 348

Nice try Xsyon employee. Next time, try to make it not so obvious by making a an account literally the date you make your first post which coincidentally was a thread about a game that only you seem to think is any good lol. Not a single other person thats posted in here has said a good thing about the game.

Edit: I actually take back my nice try comment. This was a horrible try because of how obvious it was.

Originally posted by Arazale

Nice try Xsyon employee. Next time, try to make it not so obvious by making a an account literally the date you make your first post which coincidentally was a thread about a game that only you seem to think is any good lol. Not a single other person thats posted in here has said a good thing about the game.

Edit: I actually take back my nice try comment. This was a horrible try because of how obvious it was.

Lol sorry, i am not a Xsyon employee.

But would be cool, so i do not have to pay the monthly fee ;-)

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

/QFT

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

That's not fair,i can tell you that i almost downloaded this game but i just can't pay up front,i need to trial an unknown game before i hand over my money.

I thought the did look good,at least on paper.

Also to be fair look at other games claiming big things and charging money.H1Z1 the ONLY thing it offers is BR,nothing else,the VERY limited building can be completed in less than  one day,then you are bored.I see a ton of people jumping on this new Guardian of kings or whatever the heck it is called.It looks AWFUL yet people are trying to tell me it is a good game.

I actually did a massive search of survival games on steam,looking for something cool in that genre and i found 99% of them are not supported anymore,they were ALL initial cash grabs.

At least Xsyon is still around and although seems a VERY slow pace,there is some upgrading to the game,meaning the devs are still dedicated.

The best building game with a very little something in PVE that i have seen is likely 7 days to die a voxel game.

We can even look at the USED TO BE giant SOE,what have they added to Landmark besides just  a building game,and it has been around a year or so.

Point being as far as building games go,you are not going to find a TRIPLE A game anywhere,heck i struggle to find triple A anything out there.

However i do feel Xsyon is making a huge mistake not offering a free trial if even for one day.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• HowbadisbadHowbadisbad Member UncommonPosts: 453

Originally posted by Wizardry
    Originally posted by Arazale Nice try Xsyon employee. Next time, try to make it not so obvious by making a an account literally the date you make your first post which coincidentally was a thread about a game that only you seem to think is any good lol. Not a single other person thats posted in here has said a good thing about the game.   Edit: I actually take back my nice try comment. This was a horrible try because of how obvious it was.
    That's not fair,i can tell you that i almost downloaded this game but i just can't pay up front,i need to trial an unknown game before i hand over my money.

However i do feel Xsyon is making a huge mistake not offering a free trial if even for one day.

This. Any MMO not offering a free trial in this day and age is gimping themselves, people don't like throwing down money on a game they might not like in a couple days.

Waiting for:
    The Repopulation
    Albion Online

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    Lol, a lot of people don't seem to be happy that you enjoy the game.  I'm thinking about coming back for a bit.  Played a long time ago, and it only had a couple of monsters.  How's the population and how is the pvp currently.

I self identify as a monkey.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

What tribe are you in? Are Hopi and Apache still around? 

Glad you found a place to call home. I got a kick out of the terraforming and a lot of the crafting/gthering, but the PVP (at the time, maybe it has changed) was not for me.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768
    Originally posted by zymurgeist
    I may come back to this game when it actually has an objective. They keep adding content but there's no purpose to any of it. It's like a panel full of buttons and gauges that aren't connected to anything.

I thought the objective of a sandbox game was simply  to do whatever you wanted to do.

Hence, creating your own objective.

Apparently in sandbox games someone has to do that for you.   Thanks for the tip.

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Originally posted by vadio123

Thats not true .. there is no such thing as lies and promises from MMO devs .. Ask Axehilt ... vote for Axehilt ...

• millsdomillsdo Member UncommonPosts: 23
    Xsyon is now Free to Play (once bought).