Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My BDO Experience [Korea]

Comments

• LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327
    Originally posted by ankhfnkhonsu
    Originally posted by DMKano

The Good

• Combat is fast, fun, and can be complicated depending on the class you play.
    • Node wars take a lot more strategy than you would think. Alliances are constantly being formed and falling apart.
    • Castle sieges are pointless fun, however I do think their mechanics could be adjusted.
    • Getting to 50 is very easy, and that's good because that is when the game "starts".
    • There are many ways to make money: breeding horses, trade runs, farming, playing the market, crafting, praying to RNGesus for rare drops.
    • Although upgrading/enchanting your gear has some RNG components, it will eventually succeed. At least until +16. (After +16 when you fail your item downgrades).
    • Combat is skill based, I have beaten other players that have significantly better gear than I do.
    The Bad
    • PvE bosses are too easy. I have been able to solo every boss in the game since level 50 with HP pots. And at 56 I can solo every boss in the game with great ease.
    • The game requires a good graphics card to run at full settings in any intense activities (node wars, guild sieges, etc.) Otherwise you will get insane graphics lag.
    • The gear grind can be tedious, but it's made less painful by doing everything the game offers rather than just killing the same mobs endlessly.
    • The karma system is  FAR too punishing, additionally, there is no incentive to kill someone outside of a guild war. Actually killing someone outside of guild war = might as well throw away your character due to karma penalties, just start over with new character

Agree with green

made my edits in red

Again just my opinion

"Actually killing someone outside of guild war = might as well throw away your character due to karma penalties, just start over with new character"

This is probably one of the biggest exaggerations I have heard in my entire life. I have killed plenty of people outside of guild war.. and I definitely have not thrown away my character. What are you even talking about? Have you even played the game? Seriously.. I honestly can't tell if you're just trolling or if you're really that dense. Since you have the tendency to misinform people, I will go ahead and inform people of the karma system.

A player can have 300k karma max, when you attack someone, you lose 10k karma. However, when  you kill someone you lose 200k karma. Being under 300k is definitely not a big issue unless you are drastically undergeared and get destroyed by other players.. in which case you probably shouldn't be randomly attacking people in the first place.. but that is neither here nor there. I can get 210k karma (the cost of attacking & killing someone) back in a pretty brief period of time.. ~1-2h of grinding.. which I was probably doing when I PKed someone who was trying to kill mobs that I attacked first.

But that really doesn't matter. You can declare war on anyone you want at any time for any reason. My guild maintains 4 guild wars indefinitely, and we have 4 completely different guilds who have declared war on us. I literally have an endless supply of people to gank. If I get bored, I can run around and find people to kill. When I hear people crying about the Karma system it makes me think they just want to kill noobs because they can't play the game well enough to kill other equally geared players.

tl;dr - DMKano has no clue what he's talking about (did he even play the game?), BDO is more about guild wars than randomly ganking noobs.. get over it.

I would agree that this is generally the case.  IMHO, it is the reason why most so called "hardcore" PvP players engage in MMORPGs because if competitive PvP is what they sought, then more competitive "hardcore" PvP can be found in FPS and MOBA games.  There are dozens of outstanding FPS and MOBA games offering fun, competitive PvP, and that put MMORPG PvP to shame.  PvP in MMORPGs is generally pretty awful.  

• lufiazlufiaz Member UncommonPosts: 122

Snip

tl;dr: BDO is a great game, however, just like every other game that has ever been produced a few things could use adjustment and you can't please everyone.

Well thanks for the heads up. But my main concerns are these 2

1. Is it true that BDO has no player-to-player trade
    2. Is it true that the prices in AH are pre-determined by DAUM and players can't do anything about it?
    I can tolerate pretty much anything from the casualization to the hardcore pvp ganking or gender-locked classes and what not but those 2 mentioned above are the absolute deal breakers for me.
  • lugallugal Member UncommonPosts: 671
    Originally posted by Culubu
    Originally posted by lugal
    Your point on p2w seems to be contridicted by you statement that the best costumes are on the cash shop.
    Also, you should state what you think p2w means(define it) so others know what you think is p2w. Others will not agree what is and isn't p2w.

You either didn't read/understand the whole post or you just don't know what p2w means. (Hint: Cosmetics are not p2w)

I understood fully what was written by the OP, apparently you did not even read what the OP stated. Here, just for you: "

Claim #2: The best items are in the cash shop.

This is true to some extent. The best costume items are, in fact, in the cash shop. Costumes give you things like 20% additional combat experience, or 20% additional horse experience, faster gathering, faster swimming, increase your drop chance by a small amount, etc."

You should think before you type next time.

HINT: Cosmetics are not p2w, exp boosts are not p2w, convenience items are not p2w

You are not very smart. I never said anything about cosmetics. Also, like in my original post, I said others will not agree what is and isn't p2w. You can be a fanboy all you want and defend your game, that is fine, just don't be stupid.

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    The reviewer has a mishapen head
    Which means his opinion is skewed
    ...Aldous.MF'n.Huxley

• collektcollekt Member UncommonPosts: 328
    Originally posted by LacedOpium 

I would agree that this is generally the case.  IMHO, it is the reason why most so called "hardcore" PvP players engage in MMORPGs because if competitive PvP is what they sought, then more competitive "hardcore" PvP can be found in FPS and MOBA games.  There are dozens of outstanding FPS and MOBA games offering fun, competitive PvP, and that put MMORPG PvP to shame.  PvP in MMORPGs is generally pretty awful.  

FPS and MOBA games are a far different experience than MMORPG PvP. Not everyone who likes PvP wants to click to move or play a shooter. 

• achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726
    How good of a GPU required are we talking?  Like Titan X?
    Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327
    Originally posted by collekt
    Originally posted by LacedOpium 

FPS and MOBA games are a far different experience than MMORPG PvP. Not everyone who likes PvP wants to click to move or play a shooter. 

Yet they want an MMORPG to play as if it were a MOBA or a shooter. 

Go figure.

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444
    Originally posted by achesoma
    How good of a GPU required are we talking?  Like Titan X?

Runs fine for me with a 690GTX @ 1080. Not maxed or even on high, but game looks very good still.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• GediasGedias Member UncommonPosts: 46

Thanks for the post and now I'm more interested in the game. Plus this made me chuckle:

Originally posted by ankhfnkhonsu At level 50 you can literally kill anyone you want to kill who is above level 50 (or die trying).  Additionally, if you are in a guild, your guild can literally declare war on any other guild in the game.

Well if that were literally true, then we would probably be somewhere in the Middle East, where laws don't exist. Thankfully, all of this will be taking place online.

• StellaAlamarrStellaAlamarr Member UncommonPosts: 15
    Your point on p2w seems to be contridicted by you statement that the best costumes are on the cash shop.
    Also, you should state what you think p2w means(define it) so others know what you think is p2w. Others will not agree what is and isn't p2w.

You either didn't read/understand the whole post or you just don't know what p2w means. (Hint: Cosmetics are not p2w)

I understood fully what was written by the OP, apparently you did not even read what the OP stated. Here, just for you: "

This is true to some extent. The best costume items are, in fact, in the cash shop. Costumes give you things like 20% additional combat experience, or 20% additional horse experience, faster gathering, faster swimming, increase your drop chance by a small amount, etc."

You should think before you type next time.

He was saying that people CLAIM the 'best' items are in the cash shop.

I don't think anyone ever mentions the fact that there are different(superior) tools and food that you can use for gathering, etc. that are easily obtainable in-game and craftable that give a much bigger bonus in speed of gathering, etc. Also, there are crystals to put on your armor and food you can consume that gives just as much if not more bonus exp in-game. You can also invest your work points into nodes that permanently increase you drop chance just as much if not more than any item in the cash shop and it is permanent and does not have to be purchased unlike cash shop items. Also, I don't think people know but between 10pm-7am IN-GAME TIME there is a double exp bonus so... that 20%(I actually believe it's 10% if I remember correctly) from a costume sounds irrelevant. Nobody buys a costume for that experience unless it's for horse exp. 

• ankhfnkhonsuankhfnkhonsu Member UncommonPosts: 93
    Originally posted by lufiaz

Snip

tl;dr: BDO is a great game, however, just like every other game that has ever been produced a few things could use adjustment and you can't please everyone.

Well thanks for the heads up. But my main concerns are these 2

1. Is it true that BDO has no player-to-player trade
    2. Is it true that the prices in AH are pre-determined by DAUM and players can't do anything about it?
    I can tolerate pretty much anything from the casualization to the hardcore pvp ganking or gender-locked classes and what not but those 2 mentioned above are the absolute deal breakers for me.

1. Yes, BDO has no player to player trade.. and thank god. However, pretty much everything is account bound except a few limited items (and cash shop items once equipped).

2. The range prices on the AH are adjusted by Pearl Abyss, not Daum, and this only happens very rarely. The game itself fluctuates prices in the AH based on the number of listed items, how fast items are selling, or how rare the item is. The range is pretty big (on more expensive items could be a few million) so the prices are really player controlled to an extent. Honestly, after playing with this system, I don't want to go back to unclamped prices. It prevents bots/players from endlessly playing the market and destroying the economy.

I'd also like to address your other comments. Pearl Abyss never said that BDO was going to be a hardcore ganking game, it was always advertised and pushed as a GvG game. People somehow got it in their head that BDO was going to be a hardcore ganking game just by playing CBT1-2. If you want to blame people for ruining a more hardcore version of BDO in Korea, blame the Russians. Classes are gender locked, but many classes have male + female counterparts. Blader to Plum, Warrior to Valkyrie, Wizard to Witch, Ranger to Archer.. etc. etc. Some classes are gender locked however. For some of them it makes sense, like Giant for example.

Originally posted by Gedias

Thanks for the post and now I'm more interested in the game. Plus this made me chuckle:

Originally posted by ankhfnkhonsu At level 50 you can literally kill anyone you want to kill who is above level 50 (or die trying).  Additionally, if you are in a guild, your guild can literally declare war on any other guild in the game.

Well if that were literally true, then we would probably be somewhere in the Middle East, where laws don't exist. Thankfully, all of this will be taking place online.

Literally -

adverb
    1. in the literal or strict sense: She failed to grasp the metaphor and interpreted the poem literally.
    2.in a literal manner; word for word: to translate literally.
    3.actually; without exaggeration or inaccuracy: The city was literally destroyed.
    4.in effect; in substance; very nearly; virtually: I literally died when she walked out on stage in that costume.

Originally posted by MaRTiDoRe

OP, How much Ping do you have?

I get somewhere between 150-300, a VPN can help (or could possibly make it worse).

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Originally posted by Mikeha

What are dungeons like in Black Desert?

You all have to excuse DMKano because he knows that Black Desert is the ArcheAge killer. image

Black Desert was a competitor to ArcheAge before it was made into a 99% casual PvE game.

Now the 2 games cater to entirely different players.

Did BD kill ArcheAge in Korea?

Not even close - look at the latest Korean charts from last week - ArcheAge is on top 20 , BD is not even in top 50.

As a PvP game in closed beta 1-3 Black Desert was in top 5 - it was doing much better than ArcheAge, after the complete change of direction its doing much worse.

I don't care about whats going on in Korea. Look at the charts here and see where ArcheAge is. You know that when Black Desert releases in the West people from ArcheAge are coming. ArcheAge is already on life support so its over when Black Desert releases in the West. The best thing about ArcheAge is that Black Desert can look at and see what not to do.

You all have to excuse DMKano because he knows that Black Desert is the ArcheAge killer. image

Black Desert was a competitor to ArcheAge before it was made into a 99% casual PvE game.

Not even close - look at the latest Korean charts from last week - ArcheAge is on top 20 , BD is not even in top 50.

As a PvP game in closed beta 1-3 Black Desert was in top 5 - it was doing much better than ArcheAge, after the complete change of direction its doing much worse.

Lol "99% casual PvE game"... I have just spent the last 9 or so hours PvPing.... are you sure you've played Black Desert?

As far as Archeage is concerned, that game is complete trash P2W (best mount on cash shop.. labor pots.. enchant stones.. thunderstruck boxes.. the list goes on and on) game that everyone forgot about months ago. Move on with your life buddy.

Lol "99% casual PvE game"... I have just spent the last 9 or so hours PvPing.... are you sure you've played Black Desert?

As far as Archeage is concerned, that game is complete trash P2W (best mount on cash shop.. labor pots.. enchant stones.. thunderstruck boxes.. the list goes on and on) game that everyone forgot about months ago. Move on with your life buddy.

Whats up with the Dungeons? How are they in Black Desert?

Whats up with the Dungeons? How are they in Black Desert?

There are currently no dungeons, although I have read they are being planned for after official launch (or maybe at official launch).

Maybe they are not in yet?

<span title="Black Desert Online Open Dungeon Boss Battle HD" "="" dir="ltr" abp="5558">

• existenzexistenz Member UncommonPosts: 37

Hello Everyone,

I have been playing BDO since Korea's open beta launch in December. I have played most classes up to level 50 and have spent many hours PvEing, PvPing, and grinding. During my time playing BDO, I have seen a lot of different posts here and on other websites making claims that were completely untrue, and I decided to go ahead and address some of these fallacies as well as give a brief overview of what I find strong and weak about the game.

Claim #1: The game is pay-to-win.

This is completely and utterly false. While they are plenty of items on the auction house that you can sell, there is absolutely no reason to do so. An entire costume costs ~$50 USD and it sells for ~10 million silver. Now that may seem like a lot of silver.. but at level 50 I can make over 2 million silver per hour grinding, and much much more depending on how lucky I am. One earring drop sells for 7 million silver, I have found over 10 of them.

This is true to some extent. The best costume items are, in fact, in the cash shop. Costumes give you things like 20% additional combat experience, or 20% additional horse experience, faster gathering, faster swimming, increase your drop chance by a small amount, etc. However, these are just convenience items. They do not make your character more powerful, they just make hitting the level soft cap a little faster.

Claim #3: Black Desert has no open world PvP.

This is false. At level 50 you can literally kill anyone you want to kill who is above level 50 (or die trying). I have killed plenty of people who have infringed upon my grinding spot or being aggressive vocally. However, you have to live with the consequences of killing people. I will not go into detail about the karma system here, but I believe the system works well to prevent players from trolling other players just to troll. Additionally, if you are in a guild, your guild can literally declare war on any other guild in the game. When your guild is at war with another guild, or another guild is at war with yours (or you are both at war with each other), you can kill anyone in that guild (over level 50) without losing karma. Yes, guild wars cost money which you have to do guild missions for. However, I am in a PvP guild that has 800 million silver in the guild bank - it's 1m silver to declare war, and 300k silver every 2 hours to maintain a war unless the other guild declares war back.

Claim #4: Black Desert was publicized as an Open World PvP game.

It was.. and it is. It was also publicized as a guild vs. guild game.. which it also is. End of story.

Claim #5: Black Desert is for "casuals".

This is false because it implies that hardcore players are non-existent or will not have fun. There are a good handful of hardcore guilds on my server - 10+ - that PvP, do guild wars, and guild sieges constantly. Now I am sure that not every server has had this kind of experience, but it has been non-stop action for me. Now, if you are playing at NA prime time, you are missing Korea's prime time and so you probably aren't seeing any activity at all. Node wars and Sieges only take place at predetermined times (that correlates with Korea's prime time.. 6-10 AM EST).

Claim #6: Black Desert is already dead.

I'm sorry to say, but whoever says this is an idiot. The game is far from dead. Firstly, Black Desert is in Open Beta still (or as I like to call it.. soft release). They are constantly balancing the game, adding new classes, and adding new content. Yes, it is true, the game has less players now than it had in the first week. But please, show me a game that doesn't.

Claim #7: Black Desert just have full loot drop.

No. Just no. Stop it. Please play the game before you make such insane statements.

I think I have gotten all the important claims out of the way so I'd like to quickly address:

The Good

• Combat is fast, fun, and can be complicated depending on the class you play.
    • Node wars take a lot more strategy than you would think. Alliances are constantly being formed and falling apart.
    • Castle sieges are fun, however I do think their mechanics could be adjusted.
    • Getting to 50 is very easy, and that's good because that is when the game "starts".
    • There are many ways to make money: breeding horses, trade runs, farming, playing the market, crafting, praying to RNGesus for rare drops.
    • Although upgrading/enchanting your gear has some RNG components, it will eventually succeed. At least until +16. (After +16 when you fail your item downgrades).
    • Combat is skill based, I have beaten other players that have significantly better gear than I do.
    The Bad
    • PvE bosses are too easy. I have been able to solo every boss in the game since level 50 with HP pots. And at 56 I can solo every boss in the game with great ease.
    • The game requires a good graphics card to run at full settings in any intense activities (node wars, guild sieges, etc.) Otherwise you will get insane graphics lag.
    • The gear grind can be tedious, but it's made less painful by doing everything the game offers rather than just killing the same mobs endlessly.
    • The karma system is a little too punishing, additionally, there is no incentive to kill someone outside of a guild war.
    Anyways, I honestly am really enjoying the game as it is now. I have plenty of PvP daily, I grind for silver, breed horses, craft, fish, and do a host of other activities. Also, to anyone who is currently playing the game, try turning your UI off the next time you grind or farm for silver. It is a pretty rewarding experience.

Cheers!

I just tired of "Getting to 50 is very easy, and that's good because that is when the game "starts" games.

In most games (if not all) when you go to level cap the countdown to boredom begins and i dont think is nessecary to go to level cap. In lineage 2 you can have fun all the way to lvl cap that you of course need months to achieve

• muppetpilotmuppetpilot Member UncommonPosts: 171

"Open-world" PvP, eh?  Well, there went my excitement for this one!  Glad to know that so I don't waste any time here.  Sorry but I'm just not into fighting off roaming packs of buddies zeroing in on solo players.  Karma-type systems have existed before and they have never stopped the general idiocy that so-called "open-world" PvP begets.

Ah well, on to the "next big thing", I suppose!  (That's a joke btw ^^)

"Why would I want to loose a religion upon my people? Religions wreck from within - Empires and individuals alike! It's all the same." - God Emperor of Dune

• ChromeBallzChromeBallz Member UncommonPosts: 342

From a total newbies perspective:

The game is a lot of fun. So far i've got to level 10 (which only takes an hour), and i've spend another hour or two just exploring and running around.

I can't comment on the deeper systems, i'm still trying to figure out what does what, so aside from a good first impression on the gameplay i can't say that much...

...except about the UI, which is utterly dreadful. It's functional, but that's about it. It's a programmer's UI. Plonk stuff here and there where it's visible, without much thought on how it impacts the user experience.

The worst offenders, at least my top 3: The map view looks unfinished. There's a compass overlay which is really not necessary, and the map itself is nearly useless.

I have not found a way to disable the pathfinding markers yet (the arrows leading you to your mission goal, and the pillar of light above it). They are MASSIVE and rather annoying, incredibly distracting from the otherwise excellent art design.

Lastly, the basic UI is just a mess. Icons and menus placed without real thought on how they look, or even without having a consistent design to them. Interaction menus are so 90's that i'm hearing 2 Unlimited coming out of my speakers all of a sudden. It's just bad, and again it detracts from the otherwise excellent art design.

An honorable mention goes towards the player and monster nameplates (which are always displayed), which list names, hp, level, abilities, life story, parents, grand parents, highest enjoyed education, first job and hobbies and interests. A little exaggerated, but you get my point. Those are even displayed above bugs and other small animals and make the screen incredibly crowded, especially when (as it happens quite often) there are dozens of mobs on the screen. Again, this is a major distraction from the game's design.

I'm sure there's options to turn all those things off or at least make them less intruding, but honestly, there are better ways of implementing them in the first place.

Nothing that can be fixed though, thankfully, i just hope Daum actually makes the effort to do so (as the Western market is far more critical of ui and art design consistency).

Playing: WF
    Played: WoW, GW2, L2, WAR, AoC, DnL (2005), GW, LotRO, EQ2, TOR, CoH (RIP), STO, TSW, TERA, EVE, ESO, BDO
    Tried: EQ, UO, AO, EnB, TCoS, Fury, Ryzom, EU, DDO, TR, RF, CO, Aion, VG, DN, Vindictus, AA

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Originally posted by Kumapon

Black Desert does have a labour system similar to Archeage, but it's so much more forgiving. You increase your max "labour" by gaining knowledge and labour's not used for every little thing.

It's mainly used for gathering materials yourself and gaining intimacy with NPCs (and some other small things like hiring workers). You don't need to use labour points for fishing, crafting, processing, cooking, alchemy, gathering with workers (there's certain material you have to gather yourself like blood, hide, and meat), etc.

You gain 1 labour point back about every 3 minutes. You use 1 labour point every time you gather (at higher gathering lvls you can get 2-3 items at once). Also, there's daily quests that give you labour back.

There are no labour potions in the cash shop, and can't buy labour via the cash shop.

Thanks for the info.  I dont mind a system that limits everyone.  I do mind when the system limits me as a subscriber and forces me to pay additional money each week in order to fully utilize my farm and I only had one thatched house and one 16x16 farm.  I will be giving BD a try when it comes out.

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012
    Thank you for the info.  It's still F2P and I do not nor will I ever trust a F2P game again.  Today it might be only a little P2W when the business figures out it can make a lot more money from a few players they will add gear that has stats on it to make more money.  I do not trust any F2P games anymore.  If they cannot survive with a few hundred thousand subs and be a Sub only based game then they are doing it wrong.  
  • HanthosHanthos Member UncommonPosts: 242

Based on the level of negative commentary by the usual bad actors, my hope for Black Desert is gaining momentum.

Thank you OP for the insight without the usual biases.

Originally posted by ikcin

In fact the OP is right, he tells the truth, but only half of it :) PK system is terrible. Game is losing money and players constantly. If you do not believe check the Gamenote chart, check the financial results of Daum Kakao.

Yes combat is fast. But there is no synergy in fight. All classes are DPS, the only difference is how they kill the mobs. There was formation system in the game, but it was removed. Now there is no formations neither some kind of holy trinity or class specialization. So, the combat is solo. There is a big issue with potions spam. Combat is heavily gear and level depended.

PK system is terrible, it does not prevent PK, but make everyone to create at least one character only for PK. The karma penalty is for first hit and it is very big. If you hit first, you are screwed. So that systems prevents PvP in fact. Not to mention you can escape from fights with one button.

PvP is possible only in guild wars. But the game has big issues here. Guilds pay for wars and sieges - a lot of silver. But territory and castle management were removed form the game. So guilds fight for silver. The other big issue are channels. There will be 24 channels. So if you want to avoid PvP all you need is to change the channel.

Also there is open world and instanced arenas for friendly fight. Here the big issue is that you cannot actually fight with your friends.

Cash shop is P2W, not only because you can buy items that give exp bonuses in a game without level limit, but because you can sell the items from the cash shop in the auction house. Other issue here are stupid costumes. There is even maid suits for PvP sets. That absolutely breaks the immersion of the game.

Economy is screwed badly. No player to player trade, crafting is solo, houses are instanced. They created single player economic system for a MMO game. You can hire NPCs to gather resources, you can use safe NPC transport, and you sell items to NPCs. Crafting is related to houses, every house craft different things, but here is no specialization, as houses are instanced and you may own more than one. You use special points for all these NPC services. The points you can obtain from quests. So to craft, trade and etc,, you have to do quests.

The pros:

Game looks cool

There is funny mini games, fishing, horse taming and other secondary activities.

Guild wars can be fun too, if both guilds want to fight

Cons:

The game is pointless in general. You can play only solo if you want, you do not need other players for anything. Most of the sandbox features were removed. It is a dress up contest with maid suites, lingerie, tuxedos, pirate costumes and etc. Mobs are easy, slow, with poor AI. Raid bosses too. There is even solo summonable bosses for daily grind. PvP is limited to Guild wars, and etc.

As the BDO is F2P you can try it in Korea, Japan, there is very good fan made English patch, soon there will be improved version with better PvP rules and trade in Russia /with different publisher/ And of course you may wait for EU/NA release. If you are addicted player who needs to play MMO to feel happy, that game is perfect for you. You can avoid every risk and bad experience, you can avoid other players too. If you are not so into MMORPGs, probably you will find that BDO is boring and pointless, this is the reaction of most of the people who tried the game, as you can see in gaming charts.

P.S. that game has nothing with Lineage 2 before GoD. You may see sieges, PK, open world and think - that looks like the old L2. Do not make this mistake. If you hope for similar experience even games like GW2 are closer to L2 than BDO.

This is a very long post so I'm not really sure where to begin. I guess we'll just start from the top.

"There is no synergy in fight. All classes are DPS... "

This is false, with the addition of wizard/witch there is potential for a full support class. Additionally, players have the choice to gear their character with a mixture of offense/defense so they can be as tanky or bursty as they want. You say there is "no synergy" in a fight.. just because you are choosing not to use synergy, doesn't mean synergy doesn't exist. Synergy is achieved by communicating important CC skills with other players so that CC's can be used effectively in a PvP scenario. I do agree that the game has potion spam which can get tedious and annoying, but honestly in any guild war/siege I run out of potions long before the fight is over.

"PK system is terrible, it does not prevent PK..."

This is completely incorrect.. no one that i know creates a new character for PKing. They simply kill someone, and get their karma back. Additionally, the first hit is only -10k karma, you only lose 200k karma when you actually kill someone. I'd like to see you escape from me in a fight (you wont).

"PvP is possible only in guild wars..."

Yes, PvP that is does not affect karma is only possible during a guild war. Yes, guilds pay for wars and sieges, but it's not a lot of silver to any serious guild. My guild has 800m silver in the bank, we spend maybe 10m on a siege and we are constantly at war. For smaller guilds, it will obviously require more work to siege.

"There will be 24 channels, if you want to avoid PvP all your need to do is change channel"

OK? I don't see the problem. If someone wants to avoid PvP, let them switch channels.. however, changing channels is on a 30 minute cooldown and if you are at war with a lot of guild, good luck finding a channel with no PvP.

"Also there is open world and instanced areans for friendly fight..."

There are 3 non-instanced arenas.. there will be 24 channels = 72 arenas that you could be fighting in.. and you are saying that you cannot fight with your friends? I have nothing else to say about this..

"Cash shop is P2W..."

I've addressed this before, I'm not going to address it again. If you read my original post I explain why buying costumes and selling them for silver is not worth it. You are complaining about "immersion" being broken, and yet how do you know that in the world of black desert there are no maids? Get over yourself.

"Economy is screwed badly..."

How is the economy screwed? If anything, the economy is better because of no player to player trading and locked cost ranges on items. I'd also like to point out that this prevents gold spammers. When you say "crafting is solo" I'm not really sure what you mean..... crafting is solo in every game that I've played. The rest of this paragraph is factual, it's about the only factual part of your entire post.

I'm not going to go in depth with your Pro's and Con's because that is all opinion based. I don't think that Black Desert is the perfect game, however, I am going to keep ripping into people that spread information about something they clearly know nothing about. The best thing about Black Desert is that you can play how you want to play. If you don't want to PvP you don't have too, as you said, you can switch channels. If you want to PvP, there is plenty of PvP to be had.

tl;dr - This post seems like something coming from an inexperienced player or someone who has a grudge. But it is definitely not factual.

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098

Thank you OP, this game sounds epic!

I am really disappointed in DMKano for continually spreading misinformation about this game, don't know why he is doing it- possibly because he sees it as a competitor to AA, who knows.