Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will this game.............

................recover or recreate the long-ago feeling of wonder and excitement and discovery of Classic Wow time period?   GW2 is ok and play it here and there but miss the old Wow style to this day and hope there is a game or will be a game soon to be released that will be as epic as old Wow was 9-10 yrs ago.   Thought A.A. would be it but sadly got handled badly by Trion, not wondering if B.D. can avoid A.A.'s status.    Looks really promising about B.D., but thought the same of A.A. a year ago.  

So any hidden gems out there that kinda have the Classic Wow feel that doesnt suck?    Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks!

Tbe Repopulation will be what SWTOR shouldve been.

Comments

• gelraengelraen Member UncommonPosts: 316

I've played it for about 6 weeks now.  It's not comparable to WoW - by which I mean, they are such different games it's hard to compare.  It's insanely fun though and addictive, so you can count on that much.

I played WoW for years, and I guess a big difference with Black Desert is that there is just so much to do "out in the world" which is non-combat oriented.  Farming, trading between cities, horse taming/breeding, super deep crafting, boat building/sailing/fishing, housing with an actual purpose, etc.  I spend sometimes several days without actually getting into combat.  That's a plus and a minus at times, because I often feel that when I log in and play for a few hours, time goes fast and I never get everything done that I want.

You will hear a lot of bitching from the vocal PvP community which likes open world PvP that the game has been ruined since closed beta, but I wouldn't listen to much of that.  There was a big shift in the beginning from PvP to Guild versus Guild, and all in all that's fine in my view.  

It's a vast, incredible game and it's going to be pretty popular when it launches in the west.  My big hope for it to improve is that they add more group PvE content, but time will tell. They do seem aware of that and have been doing first steps into open world dungeons, etc.

• DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536

Megaservers are the worst idea come to the genre since instancing and quest progression.  They work on the principle of putting everyone on a single server but creating instances any time an area is full.  No more seeing the same familiar faces everywhere.  Nope, now you are just one of 10s possibly 100s of thousands of players that get jumbled into an random instance of any area you go.

Bye bye community.

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by gelraen

I've played it for about 6 weeks now.  It's not comparable to WoW - by which I mean, they are such different games it's hard to compare.  It's insanely fun though and addictive, so you can count on that much.

I played WoW for years, and I guess a big difference with Black Desert is that there is just so much to do "out in the world" which is non-combat oriented.  Farming, trading between cities, horse taming/breeding, super deep crafting, boat building/sailing/fishing, housing with an actual purpose, etc.  I spend sometimes several days without actually getting into combat.  That's a plus and a minus at times, because I often feel that when I log in and play for a few hours, time goes fast and I never get everything done that I want.

You will hear a lot of bitching from the vocal PvP community which likes open world PvP that the game has been ruined since closed beta, but I wouldn't listen to much of that.  There was a big shift in the beginning from PvP to Guild versus Guild, and all in all that's fine in my view.  

It's a vast, incredible game and it's going to be pretty popular when it launches in the west.  My big hope for it to improve is that they add more group PvE content, but time will tell. They do seem aware of that and have been doing first steps into open world dungeons, etc.

That does sound pretty cool. And I'm perfectly fine with not fighting for several hours, I've been doing that a lot when I'm working on base stuff on 7 Days to Die. xD

I'll definitely be checking BD out, since it sounds better and better.

Oh, and the bitching from the PvP community has already arrived. They've been screaming for weeks now, and making demands. In other words, nothing new there. image

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012
    Originally posted by DMKano

Do you like to solo all the time? If yes - this is your game.

Anyone who likes meaningful player to player interaction - don't even bother.

I agree with is.  Everything I have read points to this is no different than me putting up my own UO server and playing that MMO.  This game seems to have taken away any meaningful interaction.  I dont see any community coming from this game.