Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

guys. really. "play now my load"??

itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

there HAS to be someone who will out hid these guys for the ad space on this site.

how much can a game make that advertises "play now MY LOAD!"

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

Comments

• whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472
    Originally posted by itchmon

there HAS to be someone who will out hid these guys for the ad space on this site.

I think it's a typo, why nobody caught it i don't know, Think it's suppose to read Play now MY LORD!

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

• fineflufffinefluff Member RarePosts: 561
    I really had a good laugh when I saw the ad. I guess that makes it worth it.
  • damond5031damond5031 Member UncommonPosts: 445
    Hard to act like you are a serious MMO site with something like that at the top of your page.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015

It sounds poetic.

"Play now, my load, my burden, my lead lined balloon for all of my life. And I will show thee the very depths of my rage and despair ..."

Heck, it practically writes itself. 

cue dancin' banana image

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • BigbooBigboo Member Posts: 201

Dont belive its a typo, its still there. Smart advertising.

Combine two cash cows, games and sex. Its a new game genre, MMOBBG, mmo - Big Boobs Galore.

----

----

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by whilan

I think it's a typo, why nobody caught it i don't know, Think it's suppose to read Play now MY LORD!

Unfortunately, Travian already used the 'Play now MY LORD'tm image

Really Load can have so many other meanings and if you squint it does look a bit like lord too image

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999
    Originally posted by Sovrath

It sounds poetic.

"Play now, my load, my burden, my lead lined balloon for all of my life. And I will show thee the very depths of my rage and despair ..."

Heck, it practically writes itself. 

cue dancin' banana image

if I could add stars to your profile Sov I would :)

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

The game is marketed purely on sexual innuendo, so I doubt that there's any "typo" or error involved here. They're simply trying every possible trick in the book to get as much sex into the ad as possible. They're probably keeping whole legions of young men entertained.

When some of the smaller ads have 50% of their space taken up by a pair of large tits, you know they're not selling the complex crafting or the RvR combat aspects...

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    I do not think based on what I have seen of this game that their level of English and innuendo is of the level for 'that' interpretation it is probably just lord.

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785

For as long as 12 year old boys exist, so will these games.

Game development for them must be so easy. "What should we do with the combat system?" "Eh who cares, have her throw her bracelets or something, just put her in a g-string and increase bust size 85%. Done let's go eat."

Meanwhile: 12 year old boy, "mmmmm boobicles."

• iridescenceiridescence Member UncommonPosts: 1,552

Maybe they are going for truth in advertising. This game certainly does seem like a "load" of something.

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Entertainment + eye candy? Can't say I mind those banners. xD

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• LiddokunLiddokun Member UncommonPosts: 1,665
    Is it fun ?
  • nebb1234nebb1234 Member Posts: 242

"typo"

• kaykyyxkaykyyx Member Posts: 3
    just got curious because I can see their advertisement everywhere lol. 
  • muppetpilotmuppetpilot Member UncommonPosts: 171
    Originally posted by Rusque

For as long as 12 year old boys exist, so will these games.

Game development for them must be so easy. "What should we do with the combat system?" "Eh who cares, have her throw her bracelets or something, just put her in a g-string and increase bust size 85%. Done let's go eat."

Meanwhile: 12 year old boy, "mmmmm boobicles."

Dammit, they stole my ideas! 

"Why would I want to loose a religion upon my people? Religions wreck from within - Empires and individuals alike! It's all the same." - God Emperor of Dune

• RateroRatero Member UncommonPosts: 440

Ads?  What Ads? :)

I got rid of all my browser ads the other day by installing two FireFox add-ons: AdBlock Plus and FlashStopper.  These two items cleaned up my browsing experience and I'm loving every minute of it now.

Ratero.

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

Such misspellings are intentional. Why else would you be discussing the game? Y'all never watched Open All Hours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcqzvuiM1uM

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams