Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A modest proposal: how to reconcile PVP with flight in WoW?

noncleynoncley Member UncommonPosts: 718

How to reconcile PVP with flight in WoW?

Make it possible to fight on mounts - and dogfight in the air (using non-class spells/arrows/spears)

Bish-bosh, problem solved Next!

Comments

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by noncley

Make it possible to fight on mounts - and dogfight in the air (using non-class spells/arrows/spears)

They tried fighting on mounts on the ground....failed horribly. Nobody liked that Argent thingy in Icecrown.

Well, apparently 5 did.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• noncleynoncley Member UncommonPosts: 718
    Originally posted by Muke

They tried fighting on mounts on the ground....failed horribly. Nobody liked that Argent thingy in Icecrown.

Well, apparently 5 did.

I agree with you. That was goddamn disastrous, almost as if Blizzard wanted to put people off ever discussing mount-fighting ever again. But, seriously, if you a designer can design a 'run and fight' system, it should not be beyond their wit to create a 'ride and fight' system. God knows what idiot came up with the Icecrown debacle.

• nimander99nimander99 Member UncommonPosts: 288
    Originally posted by Muke

Well, apparently 5 did.

I agree with you. That was goddamn disastrous, almost as if Blizzard wanted to put people off ever discussing mount-fighting ever again. But, seriously, if you a designer can design a 'run and fight' system, it should not be beyond their wit to create a 'ride and fight' system. God knows what idiot came up with the Icecrown debacle.

The guys who designed the run and fight system in wow retired 10 years ago after their second billion in the bank ;)

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    If I could shoot the bastards down and kill their flying mounts than we might have something.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065

Create a anti airmount gun system, if you use it on someone in the air they get dismounted (or transformed back and put in combat in case of a druid), sell in on all main cities and towns. You can even make them have a parachute so that they don't die on the fall, but in combat so they can't fly away as soon as they land.. :)

(EVIL MODE) it could even be a cash shop item... :)

What can men do against such reckless hate?

• hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015
    Originally posted by L0C0Man

Create a anti airmount gun system, if you use it on someone in the air they get dismounted (or transformed back and put in combat in case of a druid), sell in on all main cities and towns. You can even make them have a parachute so that they don't die on the fall, but in combat so they can't fly away as soon as they land.. :)

(EVIL MODE) it could even be a cash shop item... :)

they tried something like that in MOP with a shell that dropped from a rare mob which could be used to dismount players.

guess the result wasn't satisfactory since they haven't brought more stuff like that into the game. =/

anyway it's one of those things that should have been the standard on PvP servers since they implemented flying.

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• noncleynoncley Member UncommonPosts: 718
    Originally posted by laserit
    If I could shoot the bastards down and kill their flying mounts than we might have something.

Absolutely, that should be an option.