Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No flying experiment has failed in WoD

15678911»

Comments

• HoplitesHoplites Member CommonPosts: 463

Months later, with millions of subs lost the beatings will continue if Blizz continues with their no fly stance.

This is right up there with Star Wars NGE except that was a sledgehammer.  No flying in WoD and future expansion is death by a thousand cuts to the loyal WoW players.

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470

If they made meaningful content on the ground that was fun and challenging to do rather than grindy and un-fun, people would gladly ditch their flying mounts.  This is not what happened, unfortunately.  No one wants to trudge around on foot to do the same old same old when they've been able speed up the process for the past 8 years by flying directly to where they want to go.  Couple that with the fact the Blizzard is STILL selling flying mounts in their cash shop and its a double karate chop to the players nuts (or box for female players).  This just reaffirms my decision that I'm 100% done with WoW.

Oh, and if anyone says "No flying means more people will go out and explore the world!" then karate chop yourself in the nuts/box.  Running around and seeing the world the first time can be fun.  Doing it for the 5th or 6th time...not so much.  Besides, most people at max level either spend their time in raids/dungeons, major cities or garrisons, not wandering the world looking for adventure like a bad episode of Kung Fu, grasshopper.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• Tasslehoff35Tasslehoff35 Member UncommonPosts: 962
    Originally posted by Hoplites

Months later, with millions of subs lost the beatings will continue if Blizz continues with their no fly stance.

This is right up there with Star Wars NGE except that was a sledgehammer.  No flying in WoD and future expansion is death by a thousand cuts to the loyal WoW players.

Months later your post continues to fail.

WoW still has more SUBS than all other MMORPGs subs combined.  They dropped back down to their average sub count since 2013.  

Dude lay of the drama here.  Its right up there with NGE?  LOL give it a rest, a few months after NGE  In early 2006, unconfirmed reports showed that only 10,363 subscribers were playing on a particular Friday night.  Now Smeds never denied these reports so its fair to say it was probably accurate.  Now lets look at WoW 6 months later they still have around 7 MILLION PLAYERS!!!

So to you 7 MILLION is right up there with 10K?  Ok well at least everyone can see you have no clue what you are talking about.  

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Any posters going to be unsubscribing following the news that flying is to be added?
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Originally posted by Phry

The interesting thing, is that Blizzard could easily remove the flying restriction if things didn't work out, i think its testament to the games ongoing success that they have not had to yet, hopefully they won't ever, but i wouldn't rule it out in 4 or 5 months time, as by then sub numbers will probably have dropped back to earlier levels, give or take the odd million image

And here we are in "4 or 5 months time" and sub numbers have indeed dropped back to earlier levels.

This thread is a treasure!

• HellidolHellidol Member UncommonPosts: 476

unlike other MMO's that age with time, this is the first that has made playing content at level cap more painful and reduced replay value.

What a shame.

I agree 100% that is a step backwards. Why wouldnt they design the game around flying and give it meaning...... no flying is dumb.

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

I am happy, dont see the issue one way or the other

• AudoucetAudoucet Member UncommonPosts: 69
    They could just put flying patrols of mobs over questing zones.
  • HoplitesHoplites Member CommonPosts: 463

Victory.

• ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318
    Glad I'm sticking with private servers... Wow done right!
  • tixylixtixylix Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

The problem with flying mounts is you can do it all the time, Griffins are much more like real life where you're on a set route and you cannot just get in a plane where ever you want to fly. Imagine if we could all fly in real life, the world would suck, all the mystery would be taken out. Then you have to add the fact that there is no skill in flying, it's basically like turning on no clip in a game. 

WoW's subs aren't dropping because you couldn't fly, they dropped because it's an old game, people always come back to check and expansion, realise they're still bored of it and leave instantly. 

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    Originally posted by Audoucet
    They could just put flying patrols of mobs over questing zones.

That would be fine, but it would require effort on Blizzard's part, so no go. Better to just prohibit flying with no in-game lore reason to do so and call it a day. 

They even have the mechanics in place for flyers to be 'shot down', and have had them since TBC. Pure laziness right there. And I'm not paying lazy people $15/mo. 

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521

Victory.

Except if I read the Blizzard statement on it right a player still has to complete all the objectives that Blizz said would be trivialized by having flying in those zones.  Kind of makes sense, offering fast travel to content one has already done.

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard
    Originally posted by tixylix

The problem with flying mounts is you can do it all the time, Griffins are much more like real life ...

Yep, because real life is full of griffin, dragons, druids which can morph into a raven, mages that fart fire or frost out of the weirdest orifices, dead people still walking and fighting,  fiery horses, gnomes tanking demons higher than a skyscraper, etc...

Wow without flying is indeed so much more like real life...

il help, he meant we don't fly about every day in real life,  just like the griffins we use flight points, just like real life familiarity breed contempt.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D