Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I Think What Pantheon Needs to UP the Hype Again, Is a New Video...

ArtificeVenatusArtificeVenatus Member UncommonPosts: 1,236

... Not necessarily anything too big, but like 4-5 minutes of in-game "showing off," I guess you can call it. Possibly showing races, classes, and some combat at the beginner zones maybe? Something along those lines.

The Pantheon threads just seem too quiet lately, and that would definitely do the trick to light them back up for 1-3 months. If I had to guess.

Comments

• KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563

This game has a better chance of existing than EQ Next.

This disturbs me.

• DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536

At this point I think they want to hype the game when they have something substantial to reveal.  That means finishing their early alpha/demo.  It behooves them to be about results at this point, and put aside hype and speculation.  Those things also take time and money, and with a small team, that means taking people away from development.

They did mention that they hired on a marketing/PR guy, so hopefully he has some ideas in that regard.

• svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230
    Are you sure they are still working on it?  I heard they ran out of money.  Have you heard anything at all from the developers lately?

Ben is back on the team (former PR guy during Kickstarter era). Tune in next month for more news. ...:)

Originally posted by svann
    Are you sure they are still working on it?  I heard they ran out of money.  Have you heard anything at all from the developers lately?

The team is going to E3 but they won't be showing any footage. I think they are going to E3 to get some investors.

• KilsinKilsin Member RarePosts: 515

Originally posted by svann

Yes I am sure and yes I have :)

Originally posted by ArtificeVenatus
    ... Not necessarily anything too big, but like 4-5 minutes of in-game "showing off," I guess you can call it. Possibly showing races, classes, and some combat at the beginner zones maybe? Something along those lines. The Pantheon threads just seem too quiet lately, and that would definitely do the trick to light them back up for 1-3 months. If I had to guess.

We are very mindful of this, but we have a goal that we are working towards, I really think you guy's will be happy when we are able to reveal it over the next few months.

We have also brought Ben de la Durantaye back onto the team, he is heading up our PR department and both him and myself are working on getting more information to you guy's and girls, it will be just a little bit longer so stay tuned ;)

• ElmberryElmberry Member UncommonPosts: 195
    Originally posted by Kilsin

Originally posted by ArtificeVenatus
    ... Not necessarily anything too big, but like 4-5 minutes of in-game "showing off," I guess you can call it. Possibly showing races, classes, and some combat at the beginner zones maybe? Something along those lines.

The Pantheon threads just seem too quiet lately, and that would definitely do the trick to light them back up for 1-3 months. If I had to guess.

We are very mindful of this, but we have a goal that we are working towards, I really think you guy's will be happy when we are able to reveal it over the next few months.

We have also brought Ben de la Durantaye back onto the team, he is heading up our PR department and both him and myself are working on getting more information to you guy's and girls, it will be just a little bit longer so stay tuned ;)

I think it's important that we have something to discuss on forums, to build up hype. However I understand that you need to focus on creating the game. I hope you give something to us during next week when E3 starts.

Do you have an ETA when you have reworked homepage of Pantheon so it looks little more professional?

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Maybe a CGI trailer that does not show any real in game footage or combat? Thats a great way to get hype =-) I agree with the above posts. Only thing thats gona bring people to the table is showing up with an playable Alpha game. Sad to see them struggle so. My guess things are going slower then slow for this dev team =- 
  • skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,181

Last update was less than a month ago and lays out a decent initial roadmap:

https://www.pantheonrotf.com/blogs/355/167/pantheon-update-may-2015

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    Edited I had wrong game my bad lol

• Charlie.CheswickCharlie.Cheswick Member UncommonPosts: 469
    Originally posted by ceratop001
    The people in charge of Pantheon seem very nice and responsive. They were nice enough to give me a trial key and I do appreciate it. That being said I thought the game was terrible. I don't understand the hype at all with this game. The camera controls were the worse I ever had in a game and the graphics and gameplay were boring and out of date. Somebody explain to me why this game gets hype at all?

I think you have Pantheon confused with Pathfinder Online.

-Chuckles

Originally posted by Elmberry
    Originally posted by Kilsin   Originally posted by ArtificeVenatus ... Not necessarily anything too big, but like 4-5 minutes of in-game "showing off," I guess you can call it. Possibly showing races, classes, and some combat at the beginner zones maybe? Something along those lines.     The Pantheon threads just seem too quiet lately, and that would definitely do the trick to light them back up for 1-3 months. If I had to guess.
      We are very mindful of this, but we have a goal that we are working towards, I really think you guy's will be happy when we are able to reveal it over the next few months. We have also brought Ben de la Durantaye back onto the team, he is heading up our PR department and both him and myself are working on getting more information to you guy's and girls, it will be just a little bit longer so stay tuned ;)
    I think it's important that we have something to discuss on forums, to build up hype. However I understand that you need to focus on creating the game. I hope you give something to us during next week when E3 starts.

Do you have an ETA when you have reworked homepage of Pantheon so it looks little more professional?

We are not reworking our homepage, we are moving to a whole new official website that will be a lot more professional, no set ETA either, it will be over the next few months though, so not much longer to wait.

Originally posted by Nanfoodle
    Maybe a CGI trailer that does not show any real in game footage or combat? Thats a great way to get hype =-) I agree with the above posts. Only thing thats gona bring people to the table is showing up with an playable Alpha game. Sad to see them struggle so. My guess things are going slower then slow for this dev team =- 

We are not struggling by any means, we may be a small team but we are not limited on skill and hard work. we are well on track to meet our targets and goals and deliver them by the timeframe we have set ourselves, expect a big update in a few months with a playable alpha by hopefully the end of the year if all goes to plan.

(None of this is news, we have released this information on our official forums and spoken about it openly.)

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    They just need to rename the title to "Tim", and voilà, instant hype because a video is already made! 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• CaldicotCaldicot Member UncommonPosts: 455

If any investors are reading this I want them to know that there is a huge demand for a game like this. Imagine all the WoW-vets who reminisces about the "hardcore" days in vanilla. This will be their game and there are millions of them.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe. - Carl Sagan

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    Originally posted by Caldicot

If any investors are reading this I want them to know that there is a huge demand for a game like this. Imagine all the WoW-vets who reminisces about the "hardcore" days in vanilla. This will be their game and there are millions of them.

Yeah?

I have been to over 100 investor pitch meetings (not for the video gaming industry) and what it comes down to is confidence in the people making the pitch and their ability to deliver a return for the investor.

All the feature lists and dog and pony shows in the world don't mean a damn thing, when there is not a solid company and business plan to back it up.

And reputations play into that too.

Here, there is no real "company" with any history of producing anything as a company. The people involved now are not even paid, so is it even a company, or more of a hobbyist group?

As an added point, do you think the abject failure of McQuaid's last project with major outside investors (Sigil/Vanguard which used up/cost at least $30 mil for Microsoft for no gain) will be forgotten? No, it will most certainly not be. (Large investors do research as part of their "due diligence" process prior to putting their money in, ALWAYS.)

Investors are all about the "opportunity cost" of a project they might put their investment dollars into. That basically translates into how one project will give them a better return than any other project or investment over the same time period.

So what exactly is the "hook" that would entice any large investor to back this thing?

Nothing that I can see.

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Originally posted by Burntvet

Yeah?

I have been to over 100 investor pitch meetings (not for the video gaming industry) and what it comes down to is confidence in the people making the pitch and their ability to deliver a return for the investor.

All the feature lists and dog and pony shows in the world don't mean a damn thing, when there is not a solid company and business plan to back it up.

And reputations play into that too.

Here, there is no real "company" with any history of producing anything as a company. The people involved now are not even paid, so is it even a company, or more of a hobbyist group?

As an added point, do you think the abject failure of McQuaid's last project with major outside investors (Sigil/Vanguard which used up/cost at least $30 mil for Microsoft for no gain) will be forgotten? No, it will most certainly not be. (Large investors do research as part of their "due diligence" process prior to putting their money in, ALWAYS.)

Investors are all about the "opportunity cost" of a project they might put their investment dollars into. That basically translates into how one project will give them a better return than any other project or investment over the same time period.

So what exactly is the "hook" that would entice any large investor to back this thing?

Nothing that I can see.

With all that said, this is probably why McQuaid relies so heavily on crowd funding lol.
  • DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    Its really up to them to demonstrate the tenets and features that they are promising.  They are definitely unique and highly sought after by probably the largest "niche" in the MMO space, but at this point it all depends on them proving that they can deliver them in an appealing and fun way.  That is indeed the goal that they are working towards as we speak.

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033

This is hilarious.

• epoqepoq Member UncommonPosts: 394
    Originally posted by MrMelGibson

This is hilarious.

While I don't consider vanilla WoW to be hardcore having come from playing EQ for 3-4 years prior, it was less of a baby handholding game than the current state is.  The only thing I really remember from vanilla WoW is fucking dying 1,000 times in STV.  I guess that's hardcore?

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Originally posted by epoq
    Originally posted by MrMelGibson

This is hilarious.

While I don't consider vanilla WoW to be hardcore having come from playing EQ for 3-4 years prior, it was less of a baby handholding game than the current state is.  The only thing I really remember from vanilla WoW is fucking dying 1,000 times in STV.  I guess that's hardcore?

What I meant was it's hilarious when people claim a niche game like this will be the next wow killer.  That is if it even launches.  It's very amusing to read.