Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AV is an amusing mess

ParepinParepin Member UncommonPosts: 257

We have always known that AV sucks as a company.  I have even heard that some of the finances in the past were from shady companies and people (drug dealers, etc).  What has happened lately is just icing on the cake and is amusing.

1. SSL Certificates and DNS lapsed (nobody paid the subscription is best guess).

2. AMS site is broken for over a month.  So new subscriptions may not be working.  I know if you use a DUEL it only gives you 1 day instead of 1 month. "The" in-game GM has to fix it.

3. Currently AV only has one support guy working for support.  He even mentioned that he gets to work the thousands of support tickets that are currently in the support system once its fixed.

4.  Support portal is halfway broken for almost a month now.  You can submit a ticket but you will never get an answer.

5. Only one vocal Developer now.  The one that is trying to get the ball rolling with DF1.0.

6. Supposedly they have moved to a new office.  They have done this many times in their history.  I am almost thinking they don't have an office right now the way things are going.

Could this finally be the end of AV and Darkfall?

Comments

• ParepinParepin Member UncommonPosts: 257
    Didn't we just pass by a funding contractual due date?  Maybe this is why they are imploding as a company.  I totally forgot about that.  AV once made a presentation about themselves trying to get funding saying they had 3 million subscribers.  They added some hot chicks and some nice boats at the end saying "we made it".   That one company gave them money after that...
  • EntinerintEntinerint Member UncommonPosts: 868

SIIIIIIIIIIGH

So much wasted potential.

I loved DF1 back in the day, I really did. It gave me experiences that I got nowhere else in any game, to this day. Just so sad that it had to be ruined by AV and their general shitiness.

Another body on the pile of OWPvP sandbox corpses. I really hope one day someone gets this formula right.

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Something in terms of Darkfall Nostalgia.  An early guild video from beta back in February 2009.  

http://youtu.be/sRBX7WnHprc

Sorry to hear they're struggling.  I've been gone a while, but before leaving there was some sort of huge deal brewing, a partnership I think.  The press releases made it sound like they were rolling in cash.

I wonder if Tasos (spelling?) is still around.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535
    In Tasos We Trust.

Looks like their staff isn't being paid (again) and half their money making systems are broken.

The end is nigh!  This will be my 3rd ship I have sunk with.

• TibernicuspaTibernicuspa Member UncommonPosts: 1,199
    Originally posted by Parepin

6. Supposedly they have moved to a new office.  They have done this many times in their history.  I am almost thinking they don't have an office right now the way things are going.

Almost all of these things aren't actually true...

They've moved offices 4 times in 7 years. Basement to office, to bigger office, to smaller office, to smaller office when they had power issues at the last one.

Originally posted by Tibernicuspa
    Originally posted by Parepin

Almost all of these things aren't actually true...

They've moved offices 4 times in 7 years. Basement to office, to bigger office, to smaller office, to smaller office when they had power issues at the last one.

Confirmed by axilmar, DorianGray, and developers of the past.

Quote form AV's solo CS person: "Once the panel is back online, I will try and reply to every ticket as soon as possible. This entire situation bothers me as much as all of you guys."

There is no "I" in team.