Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Revival online

GrimulaGrimula Member UncommonPosts: 644

from the webpage this game looks like it might be really good

Hype Hype Hype Hype  ^_____________^

Revivalgame.com

is the website URL

Comments

• DaikuruDaikuru Member RarePosts: 797
    im not hyped at all.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

- Albert Einstein

• GrimulaGrimula Member UncommonPosts: 644

thanks for your comment  =) 

what don't you like about the games website ?  those big grand stairways inside your player owned house looked really cool

check out the Early housing screenshots....if that's In game graphics  it looks amazing

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    I was wondering where Tiggs went after her stint at Fallen Earth.
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301
    Originally posted by Grimula

from the webpage this game looks like it might be really good

Hype Hype Hype Hype  ^_____________^

Revivalgame.com

is the website URL

Did you check the house pricing.

• DaikuruDaikuru Member RarePosts: 797
    Originally posted by Grimula

thanks for your comment  =) 

what don't you like about the games website ?  those big grand stairways inside your player owned house looked really cool

check out the Early housing screenshots....if that's In game graphics  it looks amazing

many games looked good in the past, before they were released, but no one could keep up with the hype, so im not hyped for any game right now, dont get me wrong, the setting and the features look good, but no reason for me to hype the game. ^^

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

- Albert Einstein

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829

I'm not excited at all.

Not since I've heard how they plan to charge you through the nose for those houses (RL money no less) and then make it so that every no good troll on the internet can come around and destroy your investment.

No doubt the makers thought "Well, gamers are idiots when it comes to money. No doubt they'll gladly buy a $40 house one day and then when a random griefer destroys it they'll simply buy another one! Genius!"

Looks more like a scam to me than a game. (Unless things have changed by now, or the previous shill that came on here to shamelessly hype the game was wrong.)

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• GrimulaGrimula Member UncommonPosts: 644

Thaanks much for the Info

Paying for housing sounds horrible yuppp   hopefully they will change that Pay Model

• CoatedCoated Member UncommonPosts: 507

Until I see the game play video, all hype is misguided.

• NasaNasa Member UncommonPosts: 739

From the FAQ: "We hope to be at Version 6 in 2017."

I think they mean stage 6 and that means "the full game"

• YanocchiYanocchi Member UncommonPosts: 677
    Originally posted by Coated

House owners will be downloading a game client and walking in their homes already this month, so there could be a number of game footage videos by the end of August. 

Don't expect any real game play videos any time soon. In 2015 "game play" will be limited only to walking inside one's house, upgrading its materials, decorating rooms with furniture and stuff, and possibly visiting other people's houses.    

Baldur's Gate Online - Video Trailer
    * more info, screenshots and videos here

• snoockysnoocky Member UncommonPosts: 724
    Surely hyped for this one!

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allan Poe

• KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Originally posted by Yanocchi
    Originally posted by Coated

House owners will be downloading a game client and walking in their homes already this month, so there could be a number of game footage videos by the end of August. 

Don't expect any real game play videos any time soon. In 2015 "game play" will be limited only to walking inside one's house, upgrading its materials, decorating rooms with furniture and stuff, and possibly visiting other people's houses.    

So essentially its another star citizen

• JownzJownz Member UncommonPosts: 62

I dont post here much but visit on a daily basis. Mostly to read nonsense but it's entertaining all the same. I thought the same thing as most of the above posters. Houses for sale lol Star Citizen ring a bell ?

Anyway about a year went by and I saw another post on massively about money being an object in the world and thought that was kind of neat. So I visited the game site and read through the planned features and philosophies. Read through all the blogs and was blown away. Now sure you can say this is nothing but hype and promises and you would be right, but if they can pull those promises off they may just revive what mmorpgs use to be. Hence the name "Revival".

With that said for all the people that wouldn't take the time to read through the website. Purchasing a house comes with the option of a protection plan so you don't just lose everything. Everything a house offers can also be found in the cities. So there is no real reason to purchase a house unless you want to support the development. For those not wanting to spend money can rent rooms in the world with in game currency.

Now with that said I havn't bought into the game yet but plan to continue to watch it through the development cycles as I truly believe if this team can pull these ideas off they will revive the immersion that was once the MMORPG. Don't take my word for it though go read through the dev blogs on the REVIVAL website.

Cheers!

• KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229

I can see the drama now

Revival dev joins in game guild, anon of course

Rival guild attacks and humiliates guild with dev.

Dev "creates" story event to burn down rival guilds town

Bug in subscription system causes all of rival guild members housing protection to disappear as their houses burn forcing them to spend more money on game.

Originally posted by Kefo

So essentially its another star citizen

In a way Revival is Star Citizen's dark little half-sister... the same company is making Revival and Star Marine FPS module for Star Citizen.

edited August 2015
    Illfonic have launched Stage 1 - Phase 1 of Revival.

WEEKLY UPDATE BLOG #41:

"...We also wanted to talk about what’s next. We’ve mentioned before that the stage 1 client will come out in four revisions. Today’s is the first, and it allows you to walk around in your homes. Torches, lanterns, fire pits, fireplaces and doors are all interactive, but in truth that’s about it. In this first revision, most important to us is that players can see their homes and that we can put our account server and the like to the test.

In the next revision, we’ll add the home upgrade, so that when you change the setting to apply it or not to your home on the property management page of the site, you’ll see that setting reflected in game, and will get to see your upgraded home’s new walls, ceilings and floors.

The third revision of the stage 1 client will bring in the furniture upgrade, and for the first time you’ll be able to use the house decoration features. Additionally, these new items will bring new possible interactions into play, such as throwing darts and dice. Books should be readable in this revision as well.

The final stage 1 client revision will bring the renovation kits online so that you can configure which kits are assigned to your upgradeable room(s) and will see them in the client, allowing you to interact with the items there.

At that point, and only then, stage 1 will be completed. The next releases of the client after that, barring bug fixes, will be demonstrations of stage 2 progress. Much like the stage 1 release, we’re planning to release the stage 2 client across multiple revisions. We’ll offer some further insight into our plans when we’ve completed stage 1..."

Creative director Kedhrin Gonzales has mentioned that the next phases of stage 1 should be released
    in sequences of 2-3 weeks following the launch of phase 1.

Some rumours: Illfonic have almost completed their contract work with Obsidian Entertainment (Armored Warfare) and with CIG (Star Citizen first-person shooter module).