Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tera really deserve more hype than this.

gamishigamishi Member UncommonPosts: 31

Just look at how awesome the pvp is ,

freakin breathtaking zones and dungeons ,

Amazing graphics ,

Good crafting system ,

Free to play game thats pretty much not a pay to win 

and alot more seriously also shouldnt eu server be more crowded its not like gameforge is that bad >.>

Phry

Comments

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064

It gets what it deserves. You are just one of the few who think the game is great, that's okay, but you need to realize it is you and a few others. There is nothing wrong with us.

If the game had more immersive questing instead of the "kill/collect x of these" grind it would have done much better.

Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    They'll get more hype when they add helms in to the game, that looks like your wearing one, how can you fight a BAM with no helm. And when stop with the gender lock thing and weapon locked.
  • cribettcribett Member UncommonPosts: 135
    Gameforge are terrible , thats why 90% of the Eu population currently resides on NA
  • JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    Game has too much grind, otherwise it would be fantastic.
    Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • ShadowzanonShadowzanon Member UncommonPosts: 350

Tera is not that bad but at the same time its not super amazing. I gave the game a shot and some simple things that were known before to came to the west stood that are very annoying and utterly immersion breaking.  Some sounds are purely annoying, some voices like the elin dance being short and put on a loop just makes you wanna run away from said characters but the worst offender of all are the mount sounds.  the ear piercing sound stacking mount sounds of someone repeatedly hitting the button to make said sounds really breaks it for me, other games make the mount go into some animation when they make their sounds and its stuck into that animation on which you cannot repeat it till is done, tera just makes the mount restart said animation and it causes the sound to stack over and over making a very annoying and grotesque sound. this has been reported a long time ago and they have done absolutely nothing to fix it. It just takes a troll to follow you doing that repeated sound.. yep things like that can kill a game for some. But then there's just a lot of sounds that become annoying fast.

Other than that i found the combat fun and the world beautiful.

• gamishigamishi Member UncommonPosts: 31
    Originally posted by cribett
    Gameforge are terrible , thats why 90% of the Eu population currently resides on NA

just tell me why do u think gameforge is bad , even if its bad changing to [NA]  wont be good to pvp or play with a higher ping...

i really dont want EU to die , I was thinking of changing servers but i found out that its not worth at all.

• anemoanemo Member RarePosts: 1,903

Played it found it pretty, and the combat to be very good...

Then the crafting system didn't keep up with how fast my character was leveling.

Then I realized that all the leveling content is pretty much the same as WoWs is.

Then I realized that I didn't log in for a month and half, and didn't care.

Then I was at the unsubscribe page.

gunklacker

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

"At one point technology meant making tech that could get to the moon, now it means making tech that could get you a taxi."

• ZyerneZyerne Member UncommonPosts: 30

I think it's a good game but has it's issues.

One of the most fun MMO combat systems I've played, though I've yet to touch BnS or BDO combat yet to compare (since those seem to have similar and possibly better combat). The system works well in both PvP and PvE (love BAM fights and the crazy mechanics they have). So in that regard it's a huge success, even games people are waiting for to come out years from now like Crowfall are planning to use portions of this combat system. It's just so well done.

Sadly this is all the game really has, the combat is way ahead of it's time but every other system in the game is way behind. Bad faction/battleground PvP, shabby quest hub based grinding, mediocre story, a bleh item system and so on.

The combat is really all that kept it from falling off the map like Aion and that one MMO Trion had awhile ago (honestly can't even remember the name now), and sadly there is no way for the game to change enough to fix all these other issues. So to me it's doing well for what it is and is certainly better than many other MMOs that have all the crappy stuff yet don't even have an interesting combat system, but I think many are looking for more than just fun combat.

• Saio3Saio3 Member UncommonPosts: 88
    I'm not playing at the moment, But I've played recently and most of the negative remarks I've read here seem outdated. I would recommend you guys to give it a spin now. Mmo's get updates and change you know that right?
  • Veexer_NuiVeexer_Nui Member UncommonPosts: 268

EU is a pay2win cash grab.

EU you need 7000 fashion coupons to buy a skin, and they only drop 10 from instance matchmaking.

NA you need 600 coupons for the most expensive skin and they drop from any BAM in the game.

EU, you need to pay for elite with $

NA you can freely trade 30day coupon with other players for gold.

nearly every item is cash shop exclusive on eu, including complete crystal binds (which drop from BAMs on NA.)

Phry

Archeage EU - Nui

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

Weapon lock killed it for me

quest grind to quest grind killed it for me

constant action combat required for tedious quests killed it for me

• kenpokillerkenpokiller Member UncommonPosts: 321
    Originally posted by Viper482

It gets what it deserves. You are just one of the few who think the game is great, that's okay, but you need to realize it is you and a few others. There is nothing wrong with us.

If the game had more immersive questing instead of the "kill/collect x of these" grind it would have done much better.

25k on steam alone.

Got tempted.

Nah.

Sway all day, butterfly flaps all the way!

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    Originally posted by Saio3
    I'm not playing at the moment, But I've played recently and most of the negative remarks I've read here seem outdated. I would recommend you guys to give it a spin now. Mmo's get updates and change you know that right?

Did they rewrite the quests?  I recall that being one of the major reasons I stopped. 

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535
    TERA really is a good game when you take the time to learn it, been playing it since it released in NA. En Masse has been doing a good job on it, most EU players "escaped" gameforge and actually came over to the NA release.
    Phry
  • gamishigamishi Member UncommonPosts: 31
    Originally posted by Veexer_Nui

EU is a pay2win cash grab.

EU you need 7000 fashion coupons to buy a skin, and they only drop 10 from instance matchmaking.

NA you need 600 coupons for the most expensive skin and they drop from any BAM in the game.

EU, you need to pay for elite with $

NA you can freely trade 30day coupon with other players for gold.

nearly every item is cash shop exclusive on eu, including complete crystal binds (which drop from BAMs on NA.)

I actually didn't know that and I find it a good reason to change server but again I play mostly for the pvp so I ll find it very bad to have any latency.

• reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636

No, TERA gets exactly what you would expect from a site filled with bitter vets endlessly pinning for the days of EQ1 and UO.  Korean games receive the least favorable reviews here than anywhere else I know of.

Where do you get these ideas?  Questing has sucked in virtually every game it's appeared in for the last 10 years.  There is no dolling up the linear quest grind.  It sucks and no amount of celebrity voice acting can cover that up.  TERA would have been far better served scrapping questing all together and trying for a gw2 event model than wasting endless dollars in a futile quest to make questing fun like so many other failed MMOs.

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033

What in the world are you talking about?  Tera is doing quite well.  So, I doubt it's just a "few" people who think that way.   The questing is a bit boring I agree.  But, getting to cap is like 5% of the overall time most people spend on a character.  The combat system is easily one of the best.  That alone makes up for the linear questing.

• RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029

i cant play tera on steam in south-africa so they can keep it and

i loaded it a view years ago and its such a grind!

• RedAlert539RedAlert539 Member UncommonPosts: 115
    Originally posted by reeereee

No, TERA gets exactly what you would expect from a site filled with bitter vets endlessly pinning for the days of EQ1 and UO.  Korean games receive the least favorable reviews here than anywhere else I know of.

Where do you get these ideas?  Questing has sucked in virtually every game it's appeared in for the last 10 years.  There is no dolling up the linear quest grind.  It sucks and no amount of celebrity voice acting can cover that up.  TERA would have been far better served scrapping questing all together and trying for a gw2 event model than wasting endless dollars in a futile quest to make questing fun like so many other failed MMOs.

You're ABSOLUTELY wrong about your last statemennt. Quite a few game had interesting questing. Swtor and TSW come to mind right now. Yes even these games have your typical kill/fetch quests but also have interesting and sometimes even complex storylines(especially TSW) to follow. Add to that good writing and nice voice acting and even their "bad" quests/missions have an extra flavor in them. TERA is just...THAT BAD. I'm sorry but it's like it's devs have given the least possible effort to make it's questing system. It's ok to speak up for TERA, it has a lot of good things going on for it. But questing is NOT one of them and trying to convince ppl that it's decent doesn't work i'm afraid. Especially for someone who has allready tried it.

• UltorXUltorX Member UncommonPosts: 56
    I hated TERAs art design and its focus on fanservice. It's also as themeparkish as every other korean grinder and its world doesn't even try one bit to feel like an actual living, breathing place. MMO gamers look for different things in a game now and all that.
    Originally posted by RedAlert539

You're ABSOLUTELY wrong about your last statemennt. Quite a few game had interesting questing. Swtor and TSW come to mind right now. Yes even these games have your typical kill/fetch quests but also have interesting and sometimes even complex storylines(especially TSW) to follow. Add to that good writing and nice voice acting and even their "bad" quests/missions have an extra flavor in them. TERA is just...THAT BAD. I'm sorry but it's like it's devs have given the least possible effort to make it's questing system. It's ok to speak up for TERA, it has a lot of good things going on for it. But questing is NOT one of them and trying to convince ppl that it's decent doesn't work i'm afraid. Especially for someone who has allready tried it.

Yeah I played SWTOR, the agent main story line was the best questing I've ever seen with amazing story telling, character development, and plot twists.  Unfortunately what went along with it was a hundreds of forgettable hallow sidequests that I would never want to do again.  Even SWTOR is moving away from that model, side quests no longer get cutscenes in the new expansion. 

The linear quest grind is not built on amazing story telling, it's built on hours and hours of horrible throw away garbage quests which people plow right through to get to endgame.  People spent a month questing in SWTOR then got to endgame to find it horribly buggy and unfinished... oops...  maybe if they hadn't wasted endless resources on sidequests they might have retained more customers.

Originally posted by UltorX
    I hated TERAs art design and its focus on fanservice. It's also as themeparkish as every other korean grinder and its world doesn't even try one bit to feel like an actual living, breathing place. MMO gamers look for different things in a game now and all that.

Yeah, the Western market has just spent the last 10 years making almost nothing but WoW clones and you're going to criticize the Koreans for not making living breathing worlds...

• UltorXUltorX Member UncommonPosts: 56

Yeah, the Western market has just spent the last 10 years making almost nothing but WoW clones and you're going to criticize the Koreans for not making living breathing worlds...

I think that the world in WoW felt far more alive than in most Korean F2P games with cash shop, at least at some point, but why exactly are you bringing the west into discussion? Doesn't really matter who did it first or who does it worse, I stated my opinion about the game regardless of its origin.

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Bad combat and questing killed it for me.  The horrible community didn't help either. 
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549

I like the game and it's combat. I just don't like the cutsy-ness and how other characters render when you get closer to them, fade in (I don't know how else to describe it). It ruins immersion for me.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!