Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Desert: Wizard & Witch Shine in New Gameplay Videos

ShelassaShelassa MMORPG.COM Staff UncommonPosts: 616

The Korean version of Black Desert Online has been recently updated with two new playable character classes, specializing in ranged combat and AoE damage: the Witch and the Wizard. To show off the gameplay capabilies of the Witch a new gameplay video was sent out featuring the Witch engaged in mounted combat. The Wizard gameplay video has been included as well. Check it out! 

Comments

• ArdnutArdnut Member Posts: 188

havnt they heard of collision detection? all of those mobs in that wizard video running through each other.

nothing special looking there on either video. by the time (if it ever does) get a westernized version released it'll look even more outdated than it does now.

i look this wrecked because i've got GIST.
    Whats your excuse?
    http://deadmanrambling.com/

• YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094
    Originally posted by Ardnut

havnt they heard of collision detection? all of those mobs in that wizard video running through each other.

nothing special looking there on either video. by the time (if it ever does) get a westernized version released it'll look even more outdated than it does now.

Collision detection is already in the game.  When on horseback you can push people to the side if you run into them on a path.  The same goes for walking or running into someone as you noticeably see your character colliding shoulders or whatnot.

When it comes to the mobs, I'm not sure; it may be a size issue that needs to be modified during testing.

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,259
    I thought the Witch seemed cool looking *shrug*
  • ShadowVlicanShadowVlican Member UncommonPosts: 158
    the camera effects are mind boggling, in a bad way.
  • OlgarkOlgark Member UncommonPosts: 342
    Originally posted by Ardnut

It was reported a while back that Black Desert was never going to be released in the West. I guess they changed their minds.