Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can trust Yoshi! He is building a mmo for FF fans.

13»

Comments

• syntakusyntaku Member CommonPosts: 5
    WoW is sloppy? Thrown together for the end profit? I like Final Fantasy 14 but if you think WoW was just thrown together, then you have no idea what you're talking about.
  • Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    Originally posted by reeereee

I believe a more accurate title would be:

You can trust Yoshi!  He is building World of Warcraft with an FF skin for FF fans.

Oh please. That's like saying a Lamborghini is the same thing as a Buick because they both have tires, wheels, and a motor. 

And yes, this game is the best in the FF series since VII, by far. Can't wait for Heavensward. Should be ready to go well ahead of time, as after two days of casual playing I'm halfway caught up to where I need to be. I honestly don't see what the fuss is about. 

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    Originally posted by Neobloodline3d
    It's a terrible game.  There are many more which don't require you to zone through so many obstacles or pay monthly which is completely and totally unjustifiable for his grindfest.  Player models and enemies are good but the textures are hit and miss and the voice acting and art design are not for masculine gamers to enjoy.  They're effeminate to the extreme.  Movements feel like you're gliding across a plate of glass instead of planting your feet on solid ground.  This is a lazy programming issue.  A glaring one.  Missions are repetitive and monotonous.  These are just the tip of the iceberg of what's wrong with this cashgrab.  

Grindfest? Even when leveling alternate classes on the same character it's not that bad, and the first class to go through content is far, far from grinding. 

I'll give you some of the textures. Certain ones are rather off-putting, although the vast majority of them look great and the world is beautiful. I for one don't see it as effeminate in the slightest, but I am sorry you don't like it. Perhaps they should add some chest hair to make it more 'manly'?

Movement most certainly does not feel or like gliding. Quite frankly, you don't know what you're talking about on that issue. Movement and animations are top quality, demonstrably so. No lazy programming here. 

Some missions are a bit similar, but the class stories and overarching narrative is anything but. It's certainly no worse than any other theme park MMO, and in many cases it's better. 

Cash grab? You really don't have a clue, do you? A cash grab doesn't let people play for free for two years while completely revamping the entire game solely for the fans. A cash grab would have milked box sales and subscriptions for all they were worth before shutting the game down. 

To be honest I really don't think you've ever actually played the game. 

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• MalviousMalvious Member UncommonPosts: 218
    The game looks great, just the combat is agonizingly slow... that makes me not want to play this :(

Fine, we'll compromise. I'll get my way & you'll find a way to be okay with that.

• HefaistosHefaistos Member UncommonPosts: 388

Yes, i have a problem with combat and GCD but imo...they can get rid of GCD and add more agressiveness to them monsters.>>BUT if you take a closer look on youtube fights of high lvl coil and extreme trials..everything looks like a perfect dance.

you cant beat this :) 

• mentoplusmentoplus Member UncommonPosts: 73

nobody can defend wow now xD the game has become a fucking facebook game, and in the next patch they will implement

RNG BOXES for pvp gear XD 

• scorpex-xscorpex-x Member RarePosts: 1,030
    Originally posted by mentoplus

nobody can defend wow now xD the game has become a fucking facebook game, and in the next patch they will implement

When you're WoW you don't need defenders, when you're less successful you do.  Which is why the defenders of this game try so hard.

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030

Originally posted by scorpex-x

Originally posted by mentoplus

When you're WoW you don't need defenders, when you're less successful you do.  Which is why the defenders of this game try so hard.

Yeah, because the game is in SO much trouble.  Rising subs and all that, must be so hard to make ends meet.

• LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327
    Originally posted by LordZeik
    Originally posted by ThumbtackJ
    Originally posted by Neobloodline3d
     the voice acting and art design are not for masculine gamers to enjoy.  

... LOL

I'm sorry if FF14 questioned your manhood?

He's so strong and manly.  If you close your eyes, you can actually feel his testosterone ooze through the screen.

• gwei1984gwei1984 Member UncommonPosts: 413

Actually, i have to admit, I have ignored this game these whole last years and somehow two months ago I decided to give it a chance at last.

What an absolute great idea this was. I love it.

Hodor!