Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First official day and the lovely community

DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

So I had been playing HotS a lot the last few days - just matches vs the AI and it had been quite enjoyable once I bought Azmodan which suited my style better than the active rotation heroes.

Today on the official release day I decided to try matches vs humans again.

Oh boy the level of elitism in the teams is insane.

"Wtf u doin mid?" "R U A Tard?"

So I check and saw that mid was using momentum to push back the minions which were almost at our doorsteps. Made sense to me because there was no immediate threat anywhere else.

So I make a joke about this elitism and get an immediate answer:

"Fucking Noob!" "Mute" "U Trash"

I will spare you the experiences in the other matches because they are all part of the same pattern.

So once again I feel that my visit on this game won't be for long.  These kind of games were made for people with very very special mindsets.

Harbinger of Fools

Comments

• YoofaloofYoofaloof Member UncommonPosts: 217
    The reason I don't play MOBA's, or any team based game in fact.
  • vgamervgamer Member Posts: 195

I rarely encounter that kind of thing in heroes of the storm but then again, it's almost a part of any competitive game.

Spoiler: it's even worse in League of legends.

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    Agreed I played League of Legends it is way worse I tell you.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by Dakeru

So I had been playing HotS a lot the last few days - just matches vs the AI and it had been quite enjoyable once I bought Azmodan which suited my style better than the active rotation heroes.

So I check and saw that mid was using momentum to push back the minions which were almost at our doorsteps. Made sense to me because there was no immediate threat anywhere else.

I will spare you the experiences in the other matches because they are all part of the same pattern.

So once again I feel that my visit on this game won't be for long.  These kind of games were made for people with very very special mindsets.

The Repopulation, ArcheAge, Age of Conan, HotS... It seems any time that you wander outside of your nice adult community on Ragnarok Online, you end up getting beat up and yelled at by the locals. Have you noticed that pattern, as well? 

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
      Go try Sins of a Dark Age ... great community better game imo
  • SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    many that just started this game came from Dota and LoL, they will quickly learn that this game is VERY different.  For example. you don't constantly hold lanes here like in LoL.  Not saying you don't in some maps...but you don't play this like you do those games.

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• andre369andre369 Member UncommonPosts: 970

Why did you feed the angry player? Constructive feedback of any type rarely works. You should just ignore what players say when they get mad. 

Tried that too much when I played League actively, and it always resulted in a worse situation than if you just ignore it. 

If some one is negative, I am sure there is an ignore button no? Have not played HOTS, so dont know. 

Also if you actually try to be nice to people, they will more often than not be nice back. Some one picket up a kill, and you saw it and was impressed or not, say "nice job!"

If someone fucked up and "fed", say "nice try, if he had a little less health, that would totally worked"

Feeding a upset player does nothing good, and then you blame that player that you got another negative reply from that player? 

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Originally posted by Loktofeit

The Repopulation, ArcheAge, Age of Conan, HotS... It seems any time that you wander outside of your nice adult community on Ragnarok Online, you end up getting beat up and yelled at by the locals. Have you noticed that pattern, as well? 

No I fear you will have to enlighten me because I haven't played Ragnarok for.. 7+ years?

I remember some guy stealing from me on ArcheAge which was a minor thing actually.

But I do remember quitting AoC several times because people would always use stealth and wait until I am in a dialogue with a npc before they would backstab me.

Is there a certain post in my history you want to show me?

Or do you want to imply that I am attracting people like the gankers on AoC which in my book has never been something else but abusing mechanics.. or the lovely guy I used in my description of HotS?

I'm a bit slow so use clear words for me.

Harbinger of Fools
    Originally posted by andre369

Feeding a upset player does nothing good, and then you blame that player that you got another negative reply from that player? 

If by feeding you mean that I defended the mid lane player who did nothing wrong and that I did this with a joke then yes I guess I fed him.

But well you said these people aren't reasonable because they are.. special.

That is exactly what I tried to say with my thread.

Harbinger of Fools

No I fear you will have to enlighten me because I haven't played Ragnarok for.. 7+ years?

I remember some guy stealing from me on ArcheAge which was a minor thing actually.

But I do remember quitting AoC several times because people would always use stealth and wait until I am in a dialogue with a npc before they would backstab me.

Or do you want to imply that I am attracting people like the gankers on AoC which in my book has never been something else but abusing mechanics.. or the lovely guy I used in my description of HotS?

Nah, you figured it out just fine. Maybe, it's you?

I mean, not only did you need to berate him in game, but you then came here to further slam some random dude with what is clearly a skewed or at least very biased view of the exchange. I dunno, man. You'd probably get along better with others if you weren't acting the same way as those you are making a point to call out, no?  

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• MrSnufflesMrSnuffles Member UncommonPosts: 1,117

I mean, not only did you need to berate him in game, but you then came here to further slam some random dude with what is clearly a skewed or at least very biased view of the exchange. I dunno, man. You'd probably get along better with others if you weren't acting the same way as those you are making a point to call out, no?  

Everyone knows that the MOBA community is even more toxic than the EvE Online. So why are you trying to imply it was the OP's fault? You need to take a deep breath and then go do some sports to release all that anger you have stored up.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"It's pretty simple, really. If your only intention in posting about a particular game or topic is to be negative, then yes, you should probably move on. Voicing a negative opinion is fine, continually doing so on the same game is basically just trolling."
    - Michael Bitton
    Community Manager, MMORPG.com

"As an online discussion about Star Citizen grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Derek Smart approaches 1" - MrSnuffles's law

"I am jumping in here a bit without knowing exactly what you all or talking about." 
    - SEANMCAD

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829

Eh, nature of the beast. Moba's have an incredible amount of teens and people in their early twenties playing them, so maturity is often far to be found.

Still, it generally isn't always that bad. Sometimes you actually get a team of decent people too. And it's not like regular MMOs don't suffer from teaming you with idiots on occasion through their group/dungeon/raid finders.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• st4t1ckst4t1ck Member UncommonPosts: 768
    I've had  a few bad apples since i started a month ago or so, but mostly gg or had fun afterwards,  I usually have 1 or 2 buddies playing with me though,   Kosmy#1130 if you like to play.
  • prestodotexeprestodotexe Member Posts: 35

This is exactly what I was thinking.^

Any game out there people can and will be toxic, its the hand your dealt for the most part. I have noticed in HoTS that people are not as bad as they are in league of legends as the others have said.  So far its been more of an enjoyment playing this MOBA as opposed to the 3 others I have played in the past. 

haha presto!

Hmm random guy insults a team member and uses a kind of English which makes me think he is suffering from brain damage.

I protect the team member by saying that he isn't doing anything wrong and that this kind of trash and elite talk isn't helpful for the team.

Yes the bias is strong in me and I should have made friends with this guy who randomly calls others "tards"

Looking back now he seems like just the kind of person I want to hang with and seriously mid lane guy is at fault for pushing minions away from our last line of defense.

Harbinger of Fools
  • Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    I ve played hundreds of matches and have encountered this once, yes ONCE. not sure where you re seeing this.
  • alivenaliven Member UncommonPosts: 346

Hmm random guy insults a team member and uses a kind of English which makes me think he is suffering from brain damage.

I protect the team member by saying that he isn't doing anything wrong and that this kind of trash and elite talk isn't helpful for the team.

Yes the bias is strong in me and I should have made friends with this guy who randomly calls others "tards"

Looking back now he seems like just the kind of person I want to hang with and seriously mid lane guy is at fault for pushing minions away from our last line of defense.

Dont want to be rude, but after many years of online playing you should know better than to argue with trolls in game and them come to forum to cry how bad they speak. 

• saintriku92saintriku92 Member UncommonPosts: 87
    I dont post often- but when i saw this thread i had to.  ive been playing this game since alpha and ive yet to run into any of the common LOL or DOTA ragers/toxic ppl. only nice friendly ppl that send me a friend request after game and we party up and play. even met a few ppl that invited me to they're teamspeak and we had a very fun time. And this is probably after about....30+hours played so its definately not common or atleast before launch it wasnt. i hope the community doesnt mutate to that ;(
  • saintriku92saintriku92 Member UncommonPosts: 87
    Originally posted by Aori
    Originally posted by saintriku92
    I dont post often- but when i saw this thread i had to.  ive been playing this game since alpha and ive yet to run into any of the common LOL or DOTA ragers/toxic ppl. only nice friendly ppl that send me a friend request after game and we party up and play. even met a few ppl that invited me to they're teamspeak and we had a very fun time. And this is probably after about....30+hours played so its definately not common or atleast before launch it wasnt. i hope the community doesnt mutate to that ;(

I will say this, LOL wasn't like it is today in its testing phases either. It was actually a very friendly community, within the first month of it going live it turned into a shithole quick.

i feel like its more common in dota or LOL because theres Way more players. so more trolls per nice person :P

Originally posted by aliven

Dont want to be rude, but after many years of online playing you should know better than to argue with trolls in game and them come to forum to cry how bad they speak. 

In a way you are right of course.

My bottom line is: I am dissappointed.

For days now I had great fun with this game but now I wanted more than just easy matches against the AI.

And instantly I see this kind of behavior again. Yes it's true I have prejudices against MOBA players but it's hard to get rid of those when my first few real matches bring up players like this guy. Remember - he was just one of many but he was the worst of them.

PvP can be stressy and frustrating at times but I don't get people like him who will bitch at their own teams like crazy.

The most I ever did was asking a pvp team on Gw2 to swap characters before the match started because:"We can't win with 3 thieves in our team" My request was kindly turned down: "Stfu noob, l2p before ask swap"

Needless to say I did not bitch at them but the game went exactly like predicted.

Maybe I will try HotS again when the full moon is over.

Harbinger of Fools
  • carotidcarotid Member UncommonPosts: 425

Yeah, the ones with s**t for brains

• andre369andre369 Member UncommonPosts: 970

The fact you enjoy matches vs AI makes it pretty clear, the genre is not for you maybe?

Its a competitive genre, feeling are involved. 

Would you abandon football if a supporter of the other team yelled bad words at you? Would you go to a newspaper and say how bad words this supporter said?

It is a competitive genre, feelings and rage is a part of it. If you cannot stomach some hate here and there, in the heat of the moment, I dont think you should even bother playing these kinds of games. Because it will happen over and over.

Can people be more polite and respectful? Yea sure, good luck making them though. 

Originally posted by MrSnuffles

Everyone knows that the MOBA community is even more toxic than the EvE Online. So why are you trying to imply it was the OP's fault? You need to take a deep breath and then go do some sports to release all that anger you have stored up.

That you somehow extracted 'anger' from that is definite proof that some people have a lot of trouble detecting tone from text. Good on ya, m8. image

• VocadiVocadi Member UncommonPosts: 205
    Unfortunately this kind of game is not very forgiving on new or unschooled players. Try learning how to play MOBA's from day 1 with HoTS and you will get a similar result as the OP.  But...for every impatient elitist, I have also seen helpful players who dont mind stepping up to drop a hint.  Luck of the draw really.

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

From what I saw in MOBA's all around, that kind of behaviour is commonplace everywhere.

It's also the reason I won't play them, unless I go in with a bunch of mates.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!