Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a fun, casual(ish) game for my girlfriend and I to throw some hours in to.

M_FlexM_Flex Member Posts: 1

We've both played LoL pretty religiously for a couple of years and have finally gotten a little burnt out after both reaching mid-high gold. I've moved on to CS:GO but my gf can't get the hang of it so we're looking for something new to get in to and learn together. The style of game is irrelevant but something with a good party system is preferable in which having a partner alongside you adds to the gameplay.

We like MMO's and have played WoW + Runescape together also, anything like this would be fine also.

I know this post is pretty vague but we're open to all genre's and ideas.

Comments

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    I always go with LOTRO when a couple wants to play a game together. It is casual, has a great story, and the community is probably the best for any mmorpg. GW2 would be a good choice as well. I like it because there are no real obligations to be with a raid group or do an event at a certain time. You can come home from work and decide when you want to play together and not when you have to be at a certain place. GW2 has a great community as well.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• stevebombsquadstevebombsquad Member UncommonPosts: 884
    GW2. It is an easy game and, minus a few select events, requires no grouping or coordination with others. It is about as casual as you can get when it comes to an MMO. It lacks the deeper systems of other MMOs, but it doesn't require a ton of time to accomplish something and there is never the worry of falling behind. 

James T. Kirk: All she's got isn't good enough! What else ya got?

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186

Been looking for one with my girlfriend as well.

We settled to Hounds Online (http://www.houndsonline.com/) for now.

The game is a PvE/PvP zombie shooter with co-op ranging from 2-6 players. The game is quite popular in the world and includes loot/character progression. While the game can be a bit difficult, it is a lot easier than playing LoL for example.

Another possibility is Dungeon Fighter Online (http://www.dfoneople.com/) which works great with 2 player co-op (maximum 4 players). It was too grindish for my GF and played it only for 40 levels or so. The game is a 2d beat-em-up with plenty of different classes with strong character/item progression. It was just recently released as global version (plenty of updates coming every 2 weeks).

Both games are a blast with 2 players if the style pleases. 8)

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

Free2Play

Neverwinter is a fun game if you look for PvE action with.. well.. action combat. 

DCUO is another game in that niche 

Marvel Heroes is not a MMO but more like a massive multiplayer diablo set in the marvel universe. Controls and movement is similar to a MOBA. 

For a MOBA with a different flavour i´d recomend Smite. 

B2P and monthly sub

Guild Wars 2 nice but a bit quirky, looks really nice and have a good variety

WildStar. (soon to go F2P) a everquest/WoW with action combat set in SPACE. Very stylistic and with a decent amount of darkness under the cnadycoated surface. 

And finally for something VERY different.

Secret World. A mmo that force you to use your brain... Has a modern horror setting. 

This have been a good conversation

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    SWTOR Will be perfect for the two of you making decisions and influencing one another's stories. Super chill game too.
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    Eso, best MMO by far today, and hundreds of hours before end game, also b2p.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888

If you want an MMO, I'd recommend Wizard 101. The battle system is really good for duoing.

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    Originally posted by Betaguy
    SWTOR Will be perfect for the two of you making decisions and influencing one another's stories. Super chill game too.

SW:ToR is REALLY harsh on F2P players... You pretty much need a subscription for that game to not be awful. You absolutley need to spend money on it. 

Beyond that i agree. It is the sunday cartoon version of Mass Effect. 

This have been a good conversation

• SuntouchedSuntouched Member CommonPosts: 50
    If you enjoyed Lol and CS: GO then im sure you will enjoy Smite, its a really fun fast paced moba with multiple game modes.
  • Xav_MMOXav_MMO Member UncommonPosts: 49

If you want to go outside the MMO(ish) route, look to Diablo 3 or Borderlands 2 / Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel (can get combo in Handsome Jack Collection for same price as 1 game).

Best co-op games out there and fun as heck to play with someone.

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    GW2 would probably be a good fit.  It's casual, has a pretty good community, and there is a lot to do.

I self identify as a monkey.

• Righteous_RockRighteous_Rock Member RarePosts: 1,234
    Borderlands The Handsome Collection and Diablo 3, play on console so you can be real close on the couch too :-) you might score in more ways than one. I recommend 2 Xbox one two TV side by side you and her on the couch side by side =win
  • XantheAvalonXantheAvalon Member UncommonPosts: 28
    If you want to go totally different try a text based rpg MUD. My suggestion is Avalon: The Legend Lives. The game itself can be played together working on quests, bashing, working together during PVP fighting, legion warfare, labours and farming skills ... the list goes on. The nice thing is you can play when the other isn't around as well and it won't be leaving someone behind by finishing something the other has to catch up on. It is free to play with sponsorship through the city or guild you choose and is still growing after 25 years. I myself have been there over 19 now.

(Kylan and Xanthe on Avalon, www.avalon-rpg.com, since 1996)

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    SWTOR and GW2 are both great games for a duo.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• RewhymoRewhymo Member Posts: 53
    im going to be crucified for this one but my Fiancee and i are loving the story lines in Star Wars The Old Republic. I play a knight and her a consular so we get to watch to full stories unfold as if they were one and i personally believe the side quests are what bind both stories into one. Were both level 27 and loving it.
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by Betaguy

^Pretty much. With the companion system it's perfect for duoing.

Gw2 is a fine choice as well.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• booniedog96booniedog96 Member UncommonPosts: 289
    ArcheAge, there is so much to do in there for a couple to do.  It's free to download and give a shot so nothing to lose but some hard drive space.  
  • MavolenceMavolence Member UncommonPosts: 635
    Minecraft
  • JaedorJaedor Member UncommonPosts: 1,173

In addition to the ones already mentioned, I'd recommend Rift. It's a themepark mmo with awesome housing/building, a talent setup that's better than vanilla WoW and is F2P or sub if you wish. Easy to jump in or out of group combat, too.