Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What do I do????

KiyorisKiyoris Member RarePosts: 2,130

I just got this message from Microsoft saying I can reserve my free Windows 10 upgrade.

But I don't want to install Windows 10 before I do a clean windows 7 reinstall.

So do I click yes or no on this?

Comments

• KiyorisKiyoris Member RarePosts: 2,130

Apparently more people are getting this message: http://www.neowin.net/news/windows-7-and-8-users-are-now-able-to-reserve-their-free-copy-of-windows-10

But why do you need to "reserve your copy" really.

I clicked yes and now I got this image. I hope I still get my free upgrade after I reinstalled Windows.

• strawhat0981strawhat0981 Member RarePosts: 1,198
    This message never got to me.

Originally posted by laokoko
    "if you want to be a game designer, you should sell your house and fund your game. Since if you won't even fund your own game, no one will".

Originally posted by strawhat0981
    This message never got to me.

yep, my friend doesn't have it either yet, but it's being reported that people are getting them, it will appear as a system tray icon

once you get the icon, and reserve your copy simply by clicking, it will be ready for Windows 10, once windows 10 launches, an automatic update will happen upgrade your OS

but....I am unsure what will happen if I now reinstall windows 7, it should appear again, just hope it works again

although, if I get the option to do a clean install, that wipes windows 7-8, I will accept that, since it's the same are reinstalling windows 7

so I;ll wait until launch, hopefully I get the "delete everything on the HDD and install a clean copy of windows 10", instead of "upgrade"

the windows 10 campaign has started
  • AeroangelAeroangel Member UncommonPosts: 498

THEY BROUGHT THE START MENU BACK!!! PRAISE JESUS! lol 

I signed up, and am eagerly waiting for the official release. I'm a bit... annoyed that the little update icon is still sitting in my task tray, but yes please bring on the new update. 

--------------------------
    Playing:
    FFXIV, TERA, LoL, and HoTS
    My Rig:
    GPU: GeForce GTX 770, CPU: i7-4790K, Memory: 16 GB RAM

• JayFiveAliveJayFiveAlive Member UncommonPosts: 601
    As someone who has been using the Tech Preview since around November, I can tell you that it's really going to be an amazing OS. It's gotten leaps and bounds better in the last few preview releases and I plan on rolling it out to my company, which I could never have done with Windows 8/8.1. I am so excited for Win 10!!!!
  • RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383

I got the notification this morning - it appeared in the Notification area of the task bar.

It serves as a slick marketing tool I suppose - especially people who may not have realized they are eligible for the free upgrade. And MS is desperate to get people to move to Win10, this would help get a few more people who otherwise may not have upgraded if it didn't occur semi-automatically.

I don't think it matters what you click really, the only thing your agreeing to is for Microsoft to send you an email when Win10 is ready to download.