Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

wildstar - worth buying at this point?

eckardteckardt Member UncommonPosts: 48
going f2p soon, is it worth to buy the game to get the rewards that they will give? if so, the standard or the deluxe edition?
thanks

Comments

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549

Originally posted by eckardt
    going f2p soon, is it worth to buy the game to get the rewards that they will give? if so, the standard or the deluxe edition?
    thanks

I just bought the std edition. $20 bucks at Best buy. For me to get 12 character slots vs. 2 character slots, is worth it.

Free Players
    2 Character Slots

Box Purchasers

Free Players
    4 Costume Slots

Box Purchasers

Free Players
    Personal Bank
    2 Slots

Box Purchasers
    5 Slots

Free Players
    Decor
    1000 total decor items placed

Box Purchasers
    2000 total decor items placed

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Originally posted by Tokken

thanks

I just bought the std edition. $20 bucks at Best buy. For me to get 12 character slots vs. 2 character slots, is worth it.

I'm all about physical boxes as well, but... you could've bought it for 15, from the official WS shop :) true, that's digital download.

OP, if you're interested in it (based on the review, etc.) I'd say what Tokken said. For 15 bucks you get the game with a month included, and after the switch you'll have some additional perks and a small amount of Loyalty as a former subscriber. Or, you can just wait for a few months, and check the game after the switch, then you can save 15 bucks - but if you'll like it, most likely you will spend more than that 15 for the character slots and the bank upgrade :)

Editions, I'd say go with the standard. Even with the lowered price the deluxe isn't worth it. Imo, of course, maybe others have different opinions.

• Vorian7Vorian7 Member UncommonPosts: 38
    Originally posted by Po_gg

thanks

I'm all about physical boxes as well, but... you could've bought it for 15, from the official WS shop :) true, that's digital download.

OP, if you're interested in it (based on the review, etc.) I'd say what Tokken said. For 15 bucks you get the game with a month included, and after the switch you'll have some additional perks and a small amount of Loyalty as a former subscriber. Or, you can just wait for a few months, and check the game after the switch, then you can save 15 bucks - but if you'll like it, most likely you will spend more than that 15 for the character slots and the bank upgrade :)

Editions, I'd say go with the standard. Even with the lowered price the deluxe isn't worth it. Imo, of course, maybe others have different opinions.

I didnt know there was such cheap versions but if its only 20 totally worth it if you read the f2p you get stuff for buying the game but keep in mind they are streamlining some things in the game and you may not like the changes thats why im waiting to play it.

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685

thanks

Free Players
    2 Character Slots

Box Purchasers

Free Players
    4 Costume Slots

Box Purchasers

Free Players
    Personal Bank
    2 Slots

Box Purchasers
    5 Slots

Free Players
    Decor
    1000 total decor items placed

Box Purchasers
    2000 total decor items placed

2 character slots?  lol.  Another game that gets f2p wrong.  When will they learn that restrictions, isn't what incentivizes people to purchase things?  Swtor is a prime example.  Rift and Archeage do it pretty well, and incentivize by granting bonuses to subscribers instead, as does Tera.  I know Rift and Tera limit character slots also, but i can't remember if Archeage does.  People are better off just buying a boxed game at bargain price to get 12 slots.

• MalaboogaMalabooga Member UncommonPosts: 2,977
    Its cheap now, so if you have any interest in the game, why not.
  • Daneus84Daneus84 Member UncommonPosts: 13
    Is it worth a sub now or should we w8? I bought the game at release, I never played past lvl 20 something, are their any players online anymore?
  • MorlewenMorlewen Member UncommonPosts: 45
    It is worth to buy but not to subscribe it.
  • madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,107
    Now that its F2P, you will definitely get your dollars worth after buying the game to get the extras. But if you are looking to invest into the game time wise, keep in mind that this game has an end game. That is... you basically get to the end of the game and the only thing to do is to raid over and over and over again, so you can get better items to complete the raid you just did a little easier the second time around. Just some food for thought.