Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: Trion Worlds Lands 'Reactor' Trademark

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

RiftGrate is reporting that Trion Worlds filed to trademark 'Reactor' back in December 2014. The trademark has been updated twice since then with 'security interests' recorded on March 25 and May 21 of this year.

We're unsure at this time what 'Reactor' could be. Is it a new game? An expansion? Some sort of platform like Glyph? We'll have to wait to find out, but you can be sure we're keeping an eye on it!

Comments

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829

A platform seems unlikely, since Glyph isn't that old yet.

So I'm guessing either an engine or a game (most likely the latter). Or maybe a Defiance update?

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Reactor was a similar launcher like Glyph for free to play games from the company IJJI. I think it shut down a while ago otherwise Trion wouldnt be able to get that trademark. Maybe its a name change for glyph? I dont see a reason for it, other than it sounds "cooler" lol.

• mnemic666mnemic666 Member UncommonPosts: 224
    Originally posted by rojoArcueid
    Reactor was a similar launcher like Glyph for free to play games from the company IJJI. I think it shut down a while ago otherwise Trion wouldnt be able to get that trademark. Maybe its a name change for glyph? I dont see a reason for it, other than it sounds "cooler" lol.

Rebranding/launching, since Glyph had a terrible launch and has never managed to do much as a storefront/expand its third party offerings.

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935

Good for those interested.

But, Trion is on my do not support-in-any-way list.

• jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    Originally posted by DMKano

I am surprised it took folks this long to find it, been sitting there for months for public to see hehe. This very well could be a new game from what a few folks told me. All very hush hush at this point though.

Running completely free f2p games yet making enough money to develop more, are they making money from backstage gambling or something? :D

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    Originally posted by jesteralways

I am surprised it took folks this long to find it, been sitting there for months for public to see hehe. This very well could be a new game from what a few folks told me. All very hush hush at this point though.

Running completely free f2p games yet making enough money to develop more, are they making money from backstage gambling or something? :D

Just take a look at Trove and you know how Trion developes games nowadays...

• ThumbtackJThumbtackJ Member UncommonPosts: 669
    Originally posted by Volgore

Really well then, right? I love Trove.

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988

Trions World and Reactor can only mean one thing.  Another meltdown of a game !!

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    Originally posted by MMOGamer71

Trions World and Reactor can only mean one thing.  Another meltdown of a game !!

Ah yes let's fling poo at something we know nothing about.... 

sounds reasonable

We know Trion. That makes his statement sound quite reasonable to alot of people.

sounds reasonable

We know Trion. That makes his statement sound quite reasonable to alot of people.

And what do "we" actually know about trion, apart from your misguided idea around trion's handling of AA?  

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• AndarreusAndarreus Member UncommonPosts: 33

“There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.”

- George W. Bush

• zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796

sounds reasonable

And what do "we" actually know about trion, apart from your misguided idea around trion's handling of AA?  

Sound like your letting xlgame off the hook:)

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988

sounds reasonable

DMKano, the only thing I know is to me every game released after Rift has been worse and worse product quality. 

• zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796

sounds reasonable

DMKano, the only thing I know is to me every game released after Rift has been worse and worse product quality. 

Trove was not worse for them, still going after there lunch, arche age was not made bad them:) anything ingame was on xlgame side program the game with to many holes.

Originally posted by zaberfangx

sounds reasonable

Sound like your letting xlgame off the hook:)

Yeah I AM letting them off the hook since there is no point talking about how bad a game they made. i wrote it in trion forums and i will write it here : publishing AA was the greatest mistake in trion's book. they should never have released that game since they had no idea how porting works. obviously they thought they would have a lot more opt in regarding development of the game but that is not how it works and now they are paying for that mistake. they should just hand over the entire deal to aeria games or perfect world entertainment and get done with it. what a disaster!!! they had such wonderful time going on with Rift and Defiance they just had to ruin it with AA!! 

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

You mean how Trove is getting a content patch every week - as in the fastest developed MMO in history? Also the amount of player created content is very high. So it's a pretty huge win imo

Don't get why people get excited about blocks.   I think you could bring out daily patches for Trove and you still would not get that many people interested.   As to Trion,  I have not been very impressed lately,  I don't mind funding a good game, but at this point I don't think Trion has anything beyond mediocre.  Personally I think they would be far better off fixing Rift than wasting time on a dated game like Trove.