Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is this game going to suck or be okay?

Rumors I've heard:

Lag, wimpy graphics, NO DUNGEONS, NO SWIMMING, NO FLYING yet for dragons, etc.

Let's hope this isn't a replay of Shadowbane.

Comments

• AlethorAlethor Member Posts: 58

There were some bad reviews at EBGames, and there was some good reviews. I guess you cant really tell until the final release.

Alethor

Alethor

• whitelizardwhitelizard Member Posts: 36

It is going to be difficult to tell if this game is any good or not based on the beta tester's opinions. The beta testers aren't seeing the whole game. They are testing the content of the game inhouse. The beta testers are currently doing little more than running around killing monsters. We won't know if the game is fun or not until we play the actual game itself.

• squeeesqueee Member Posts: 722
    Give it time, it is still in early beta.  They won't put in dungeons yet cause they want the testers to test specific things that they have completed and are having issues with.  SWG didn't add dungeons until maybe a few weeks before they launched.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."
    Rich Cook.

"The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts agree, is by accident. That's where we come in; we're computer professionals. We cause accidents."
    Nathaniel Borenstein .

• ClandestineClandestine Member UncommonPosts: 91

I agree with sqeee and whitelizard about several things. You have to remember the beta testers are testing the game on a test server, which does not have hardly any of the content present. There will be places, structures, NPCs, etc. that the beta testers have never seen on the actual servers at launch. As much has already been said by Artifact.

Technically, there have been no reviews at all because the game won't be released until Friday (or Tuesday in the U.S.). There have been beta testers' impressions I have seen, most of which are positive. Most beta testers believe Horizons is ready for launch. Some question whether or not Artifact Entertainment is ready for launch though, because there are still some major decisions that they have not made that may affect the game in the long term.

I think the game will be ready at release as far as stability. I think they really need another month to take care of some of the things that won't be in the game on release day, like mounts, guild emblems, and such. But these are things I believe will be in the game within the first month or so.

From what I understand most of the bugs, lag issues, and stability issues have been worked out. They are supposed to have a full plate of content ready for launch.

I guess we will see in 4 more days! image

• UrsaboiUrsaboi Member Posts: 82
    flying will b in game at launch hands down.

• UrsaboiUrsaboi Member Posts: 82

this game will rock. i just found out new info from hz.stratics.com

spell crafters get to harvest essense from wisps! ALL spells you learn(except for the one u get when u get into class) u make urself! thats gonna b so fun!

• ClandestineClandestine Member UncommonPosts: 91

A nice preview just came in from Horizons Vault. You should give it a look. I was relieved by many things I read.

http://horizonsvault.ign.com/features/preview/vn_preview.shtml

I would post this on the Latest News Updates, but I don't have the ability! <hint, hint> image