Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Otherland: Developer Adds New Clan, PvP Features in Latest Update

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

DRAGO Entertainment has launched an update for Otherland. the MMO based on the eponymous Tad Williams book series, adding new clan and PvP features to the closed beta.

Details below:

Many innovations were added to Otherland’s new Clan feature. Players can now establish and name their own clan, and acquire “Clan-exclusive items” in the Lambda Mall. Clan Charters have to be signed by four players. The following features will now be available to clans: member ranking, invite and kick, promotion and demotion as well as hierarchy management. One of these innovations is the “Takeover” function, which allows clan members to replace their clan leader.

Furthermore, each clan can now have their own profile sheet and share “News of the Day” on a public dashboard. Players will also have the possibility to dissolve clans. 

Last but not least: one of the most important new functions is Clan Level. Clans will now feature a level-up mechanic, including a progress bar, daily XP bonuses and Clan rankings.

PvP gameplay has also undergone a nice overhaul. For the first time, players can now enter and leave PvP mode at will. New UI elements will display PvP info in real-time.

Player XP-Bonus can be increased by activating PvP mode. Safe Areas will be implemented. In these zones, players will benefit from protection and will not be able to take part in PvP matches. Other interesting features will be integrated, such as PvP-exclusive XP levelling, XP penalties, damage dealing & damage reduction, as well as PvP-exclusive rankings.

You can learn more about Otherland at the game's official website.

Comments

• inmysightsinmysights Member UncommonPosts: 441
    whoa, this looks incredible! If the levels look like that, that would be just about crazy awesome!

I am so good, I backstabbed your face!

• ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318
    Wow,well done trailer! I will try this for sure
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    This looks interesting. Signed up for the beta.
  • AlverantAlverant Member RarePosts: 1,319
    If it weren't for the class system I'd be interested.
  • Nicco77Nicco77 Member UncommonPosts: 145

Ok but when the next beta will start?

The combat system is good and classes are fun,but need a boost in development.

• loulakiloulaki Member UncommonPosts: 944
    i thought this one was abandoned...