Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

About to start playing today, looking for tips/advice....

13»

Comments

• KeollynKeollyn Member Posts: 6

You notice that no one ever comments or praise the combat system when recommending Archeage?

I'm sure you know where I'm getting at with this.

• AthisarAthisar Member UncommonPosts: 666

1. Get a credit card limit increase.

2. Start to learn to love gambling.

• Charlie.CheswickCharlie.Cheswick Member UncommonPosts: 469
    Purchase some Preparation H & have a surgeon remove your gag reflex.
    -Chuckles
  • farbegefarbege Member UncommonPosts: 305
    Originally posted by Keollyn

You notice that no one ever comments or praise the combat system when recommending Archeage?

Whats wrong with it ?

Its a MMORPG combat system and very good at it.

I followed all this wreckage of combat this and "exiting combat in this here" and guess what ...the MMORPG part was ibn all cases  severy lacking to the point it wasn't a MMORPG anymore which i ubandoned.

I rather have MMORPG features on a MMORPG, when i want something different i load up a shooter to enjoy action twitch combat.

Archeage offer the most MMORPG features on any live MMORPG out there in one place.

• ankhfnkhonsuankhfnkhonsu Member UncommonPosts: 93
    Originally posted by farbege
    Originally posted by Keollyn

Whats wrong with it ?

Its a MMORPG combat system and very good at it.

I followed all this wreckage of combat this and "exiting combat in this here" and guess what ...the MMORPG part was ibn all cases  severy lacking to the point it wasn't a MMORPG anymore which i ubandoned.

I rather have MMORPG features on a MMORPG, when i want something different i load up a shooter to enjoy action twitch combat.

Archeage offer the most MMORPG features on any live MMORPG out there in one place.

MMORPG = "Massive Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game"

MMORPG =/= "F2P tab targeting p2w game with various features such as naval combat and trading"

Please stop trying to define what an MMORPG "should be" based on what other MMORPG's have done in the past. People like you are the reason why we keep seeing the same game released with a new look and new package with maybe one or two new features or some slightly changed features.

I'm tired of dungeons that you have to repeat over and over to get a piece of gear.

I'm tired of stats on gear.

I'm tired of shitty tab-target combat.

I'm tired of RNG systems that pretend to be progression.

Yes, AA has some cool features. But at it's core it's a repackaging of the "typical MMORPG". Stop promoting developers to look at past MMORPG's when they create a new one.. instead let's get some creativity in the MMORPG market. Mmk? Mmk.

• FrammshammFrammshamm Member UncommonPosts: 322
    Originally posted by romanswinter

So as the title suggests, I am going to give Archage a shot today. 

As a someone who will be a total noob, I am looking for some starting advice or tips to get the most out of the game, and get me on the path to clearing the 30 level tutorial I have heard so much about. 

From all the horror stories I don't think I will try farming or crafting. Will that severely limit gameplay for me? If I dont craft, farm, buy a house, does that mean I can't do the trade pack quests etc? 

Not sure if it will matter, but I usually sub to games. So if I enjoy the game today I will be a "patron" so if your advice would change based on being a free player vs a patron please keep that in mind in that I will most likely be a patron. 

Thanks everyone! 

DONT!!!!

Dont start playing now, unless you just want to get a feel for the early levels and quest line. There is a brand new fresh start server, Morpheus, that will be releasing along with the server merge/evolution patch. This new server will be empty, no transfers, and not linked to any existing AH ( so the economy ) will be starting from ground zero. You will have a chance to get some land and really enjoy the best part of AA. This is my advice to you. Bide your time, learn the game, dont burn out, and get your plan ready to explore a brand new world on the Morpheus server.