Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question about tablets, laptops etc

CabalocCabaloc Member Posts: 116
Hey all, I'm looking for a device that I can play music and you tube videos etc..... and have it right next to my pc while I game. Something I can hook up to bookshelf type speakers would be nice as well. What are my options ?  Thanks   =)

Comments

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

if you just want to watch youtube vids and play music on the side i dont think a laptop is worth the investment. Since i have an old laptop i dont use for gaming anymore (alienware m11x) i use it just for that, but i think a cheap tablet (like a nexus 7) would be a good choice.

Also, when i dont want to bother with my laptop while im gaming on my desktop i just play my music on the background on my desktop. I also sometimes use Overwolf to have both youtube videos and/or music player within the game itself.

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355
    If it's going to be right next to your desktop anyway, why not just get another monitor?
  • ThumbtackJThumbtackJ Member UncommonPosts: 669
    Originally posted by Cabaloc
    Hey all, I'm looking for a device that I can play music and you tube videos etc..... and have it right next to my pc while I game. Something I can hook up to bookshelf type speakers would be nice as well. What are my options ?  Thanks   =)

If you want something so you can see your music, videos, etc. I'd recommend a second monitor. 

EDIT: What Quiz said. ^    :)

• CabalocCabaloc Member Posts: 116
    I'd like to have something I can take with me , nothing fancy just something thats mobile.
  • RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383

Any of the various tablets will do that much. A chromebook will do that much. A raspberry pi will do that much. The phone in your pocket will probably do that much, although you'd have to investigate getting it onto a bigger screen (Apple uses Airplay, idk what Android/MS uses)

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888

If you're going to mostly use it alongside your desktop computer, I'd recommend some Android tablet. They're cheap enough, don't take much desk space, and have great battery life for when you're going to take it somewhere with you.

Personally I'm using Nexus 10 sometimes for playing music + then taking it alongside me for mobile use and it's worked really well.