Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PFO "evangelists" called out on Reddit

2»

Comments

• EdgeXEdgeX Member UncommonPosts: 39
    Originally posted by Sojhin

What I have had a hard time understanding is why there has been people hyping this game?

When I look at the game it just looks dated in both character models and world space. 

It's only their diehard fans hyping this game. Nobody else cares. I just come because while it's kind of bad of me, I enjoy watching this game burn. I talked to the CEO about a year ago on Reddit about this game, and argued about his business model with him. I told him it would never work the way he thinks it will, but nope, he knows better. Starts talking about how they will get EVE numbers and stuff. Guy was so damn delusional, that I now actively root for his game to fail.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Big.Daddy.SamediBig.Daddy.Samedi Member UncommonPosts: 409

I would like to start this thread by clearly stating, I have not played this game.... though I have been following it.

Box + Sub for alpha product IS wrong, however I do not blame an indie company for trying this... I would even play it. A cash shop in this is the deal breaker for me. You should choose one OR the other.

People talk about how the developer shouldn't be able to do this. Please allow me to direct your attention to Star Citizen, the game with 600$ ships for sale. That is the cost of what, close to 5 years of subscription? People are ok with this and defending it pretty hardcore as well. So perhaps we should just sit back and judge the game on the quality they put out. Give them time, and if some people are willing to put forward the $$$ to play now, that is really their decision. 

TBH I want to tell everyone to STOP PAYING FOR ALPHA/BETA ACCESS! The industry is getting really crappy and I believe this is due to lack of QUALITY PAID TESTERS. You know the people that spend 4 hours looking a single square of land looking for a clipping issue.

My 2Cents

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551

Originally posted by Big.Daddy.Samedi
    I would like to start this thread by clearly stating, I have not played this game.... though I have been following it. Box + Sub for alpha product IS wrong,My 2Cents

Nuff said. ^^

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• superconductingsuperconducting Member UncommonPosts: 871

Would agree with above statement that this evangalistic post seems hypocritical

• meonthissitemeonthissite Member UncommonPosts: 917
    Originally posted by Burntvet

Why should anyone pay $15/mo + box price to play an alpha/unfinished and buggy game?

On top of all the other "problems"....

Let alone try to get other people to play it.....

Why do people play games like STO and NWO and GW2 because they can't seem to get past the hype about a game and objectively look at the state of it and decide for their own benefit to stop because it's not a product that meets the required quality checks.

It's the same old story to me. Now I know I named two of the preciouses that people rant on about especially in these forums and most likely they'll come to defend it but I gotta say that what I'm seeing in the links there is no different then the grandstanding we saw in Wildstar and ArcheAge in their forums before they launched. It's sad really that people have to go out of their way to try to drum up support by doing things like that instead of actually designing and finishing their game making it hte best possible product on the market and letting it stand on it's own design but that's our new model for MMOs you see. Put out something as quickly as possible, cut corners and then send out the snake salesman to get things going in these forums to make people think that it's somehow okay to become the developers white knights.

• Rommie10-284Rommie10-284 Member UncommonPosts: 265

At this point I'm just glad I got the Kickstarter bonus items, so I got *something* for the money.  And, if a miracle does happen, I still have my characters sitting in limbo.  Mr. Dancey wouldn't have the TF to blow away inactive accounts, would he?

It's all becoming academic anyway - Crowfall is direct competition with better, well, everything so far, and the ability to steal, er, borrow, um, "independently come up with the same idea" anything that Pathfinder is best at. 

They can both die, but I highly doubt both can survive.

• VelocinoxVelocinox Member UncommonPosts: 1,010

You take a game with an already existing fanbase, then you translate that game into a computer version, but in the process you completely change it from what the current fan base expects and loves not in just one major factor (Co-Op vs PvP) but also in the other major factor (Quest based vs Sandbox) and you have the arrogance to wonder what you did wrong?

Ryan we've been telling you for years what you were about to do wrong, then what you are doing wrong, and now what you did wrong. I don't hope you recover, I don't even hope you change the game to be what we expected anymore... I HOPE you never work in this industry ever again.

(And for the record that's not out of revenge, it's out of justice, it's so we as a prospective audience never have to put up with another arrogant marketing suit thinking he knows how to design a game right out from under those stupid fans that already love it.)

'Sandbox MMO' is a PTSD trigger word for anyone who has the experience to know that anonymous players invariably use a 'sandbox' in the same manner a housecat does.

When your head is stuck in the sand, your ass becomes the only recognizable part of you.

No game is more fun than the one you can't play, and no game is more boring than one which you've become familiar.

How to become a millionaire:
    Start with a billion dollars and make an MMO.

• BringsliteBringslite Member UncommonPosts: 75

When you call people "pawns" do you mean that as an insult? How sad.

I am certainly not going to "hype" that the game is ready for the general mass of the MMO crowd. Best case scenario is that there are a small number of people out there that (when they learn more about the game, where it wants to go, and how they are getting there) will try it and decide to give it a shot.

Not going to bother trying to answer or counter (If I can resist) any more of the BS presented here. The readers that give a crap can follow the links, read them, and get a much more clear (not twisted) picture.  Many just read and except, as gospel, what they read. That's fine.

Now, since I have been here, I have received more than a couple of little rants about how what I write here is drivel bcause I am relatively new. It might be. For certain though, it has nothing to do with how long I have been a member here, how many other games that I post about, or what the total number of my posts are. So to those that like to take that angle, please up your game. It isn't fun to debate with small minded people.

Anyone that would like to try the game out, PM me here. I still can't respond to those but I can read them and get your email address from them. If you have asked and not received a trial key, it is because you did not include an email address.

or

Email [email protected]

Try the game out. If you don't like it, at least you will know why, personally. :)

No more "BOX" fee. Free 15 day trials at: goblinworks.com/download/
    Ozem's Vigil: The largest force for Holy Justice in the River Kingdoms.
    Are You Ready to Smite Evil?
    ozemsvigil.guildlaunch.com