Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which one should I choose?

BlecodBlecod Member UncommonPosts: 43

Hello, a while back me and 5-6 of my friends decided that when summer starts and we have finished with out studies we will play a mmo. I personaly want to play Aion(I get back to it from time to time) then someone offered Tera. While I personaly think Aion is better it got me thinking maybe there is something more interesting to play? So can you help me pick? Keep in mind that most of dont have a lot of money so we are looking for a f2p. We will probably wont play longer than a month.

tl;dr offer me f2p games to play with a group of 6-7 people.

Comments

• FearmeirlFearmeirl Member UncommonPosts: 231
    i'd play tera over aion.
  • BanyoHDBanyoHD Member UncommonPosts: 32
    Tera easily if you're not European. Gameforge is one of the worst publishers out there who run the game in Europe. P2W mechanics in their game are standard and they always do their best to find a way into your pocket. But anyways if you are American then TERA is the best choice imp. The action packet combat is the best on the western market right now. Even though the game is very linear going from one exclamation mark to another it has a great endgame and combat to make up for it. Heck I would play if I lived somewhere else but Europe.
  • AeroangelAeroangel Member UncommonPosts: 498

I'm really digging Tera as of late. Of course you can try both though. 

I used to really like Aion. I bought it upon release, and subscribed for a few months. I got to level 20 or 30'ish. I tried to restore my old account, but that turned out to be a huge pain in the butt for some reason. So I made a new account, and when I tried it this time I don't know what it was, but the graphics looked just awful. I remember it being a beautiful game, but perhaps rose colored glasses? I tried adjusting the settings but still just awful, and everything about it felt cheap, slow, etc. It even felt like there was lag and slow animations. Upon entering the game it felt like an ugly version of perfect world. For reference I have a decent computer (GeForce GTX 770, i7-4790K, 16GB RAM) and ISP (Uverse w/ 18 mbps). 

Anywho I tried Tera initially December 2014 and Rift at the same time, and I ended up picking Rift for that time because I wasn't pulled in to Tera (Tera's tutorial island is pretty bland and boring). I really like Tera since downloading it the other day through steam! Great graphics, fun combat, and active community. Not sure how I'll feel after the honeymoon stage, but for the being I am really digging it, and I definitely appreciate that their cash shop seems to focus mostly on quality of life and aesthetics and it does not seem at all to be "pay to win". 

--------------------------
    Playing:
    FFXIV, TERA, LoL, and HoTS
    My Rig:
    GPU: GeForce GTX 770, CPU: i7-4790K, Memory: 16 GB RAM