Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elder Scrolls Online: XBox One & PS4 Digital Editions Available for Preorder

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

With just a couple of weeks left until the console version of Elder Scrolls Online arrives, Bethesda has revealed the digital preorders for both XBox One and PlayStation 4. Each is available in regular ($59.99) and digital collector's ($79.99) editions.

Anyone preordering a digital edition of either type will receive a free Explorer's Pack:

• All races playable in any alliance. Maybe you fancy being an Orc but want to fight alongside the Ebonheart Pact. Or perhaps you want your Nord to join up with the Aldmeri Dominion. In ESOTU, each faction is composed of three unique races. With the Explorer’s pack, you can pick any of the nine total races and align with any of the three factions, giving you even greater freedom to play the game however you like!

• A precious pet. Fondly known as Warty, the Scuttler is a vanity pet you can only get through the Explorer’s Pack. Be the envy of your friends when you show up with this scaly rapscallion scampering around your heels! (Don’t worry, you can change Warty’s name.)

• Treasure maps. Everyone likes loot. Get a leg up with a collection of maps that’ll lead you to hidden chests stuffed with treasure.

Read more on the Elder Scrolls Online console preorder page on the Bethblog.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    I've been ready ever since the $20 copy was up.
  • Crusix221Crusix221 Member UncommonPosts: 100
    Yea they never bothered to email me that there was a May 9th cut off date for the $20 copy. Absolute crap and customer service refuses to honor their promise from a year ago because it was "on social media". Sad day and age where thats acceptable as a form of formal communication.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by SlyLoK

Me too. My PC version has been uninstalled for a while already.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by Crusix221
    Yea they never bothered to email me that there was a May 9th cut off date for the $20 copy. Absolute crap and customer service refuses to honor their promise from a year ago because it was "on social media". Sad day and age where thats acceptable as a form of formal communication.

did you check your "junk" mail? I got that may 9th email a while ago, then got a second one a few days ago regarding the account transfer happening some time in june.

• Crusix221Crusix221 Member UncommonPosts: 100
    Nothing in junk, my account says member since June 13th 2014 but I have a confirmation email from when I bought it on 5/21/14. I'm sure thats why I never got an email and that is their fault not mine.
  • scarecrow860scarecrow860 Member UncommonPosts: 8
    Originally posted by SlyLoK

Same here..gotta go through my inventory and grab up the good stuff still, but I'm looking forward to this.

• beb2592beb2592 Member UncommonPosts: 61
    Originally posted by Crusix221
    Nothing in junk, my account says member since June 13th 2014 but I have a confirmation email from when I bought it on 5/21/14. I'm sure thats why I never got an email and that is their fault not mine.

I didn't get an email either actually but found the transfer option on my account page. Lucky me I guess.

• zanzarothzanzaroth Member UncommonPosts: 40
    yea this is really great to get the imperial edition and character copy for only 20$
  • Righteous_RockRighteous_Rock Member RarePosts: 1,234
    I would like to have played, but there is to much additional cost after you buy these games anymore, they aren't worth it to me and eso is no exception. If they removed cash shops, I would pick it up.
  • DeniZgDeniZg Member UncommonPosts: 697
    I wonder if PS4 digital edition will support game sharing as do other PS4 games (in a way where my friend and I switch each others primary consoles and play each other's digital games)?
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Originally posted by DeniZg
    I wonder if PS4 digital edition will support game sharing as do other PS4 games (in a way where my friend and I switch each others primary consoles and play each other's digital games)?

This might be the first time I am NOT optimistic about this happening. I had heard something a while back about them locking the game to the account (or something like that). Not sure how valid it is, but it does kinda suck. I actually do the same with my son. We've got 2 consoles in our house (one is his and one is mine) so putting this restriction on the game is kinda crappy. As it is it's fairly restrictive. I have 4 PS3s in my house, so I have to choose who gets my digital purchases for those. I do get it though. I will usually just buy disk games whenever I plan to resell them or if I'm not going to be playing with my son.

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979
    Definitely doing a digital purchase for this one. 
  • TraugarTraugar Member UncommonPosts: 183
    Originally posted by Righteous_Rock
    I would like to have played, but there is to much additional cost after you buy these games anymore, they aren't worth it to me and eso is no exception. If they removed cash shops, I would pick it up.

There is nothing in the cash shop that is necessary to have.  It is all vanity stuff.  The only thing that remotely has an effect on gameplay is the soul gems and repair kits, and I have yet to find a need to purchase either of those.  I keep a sub so I get plenty of crowns, and so far I have spent them all on vanity items.  If that is your reason for not playing the game then you didn't really want to play it in the first place.