Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt: Two Free DLC Coming This Week

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

CD Projekt Red has announced that a pair of free DLC will be released later this week. One includes a mission arc, the other an alternative appearance for Yennefer of Vengerberg.

This week we'll release two new FREE DLCs for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt!

CONTRACT: MISSING MINERS - Miners from a small Skellige village are disappearing. Investigate and find out what's happening!

ALTERNATIVE LOOK FOR YENNEFER - Check out this entirely new look for the mighty sorceress Yennefer of Vengerberg!

Stay tuned!

We'll keep you posted.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Is this supposed to be a joke? A satire towards DLC?  Or what exactly?
  • PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Well... seems underwhelming to be honest, then again it is free DLC. The mission could possibly be great, who knows how it plays really.

I have to say they probably messed up doing it this way. Unless they plan on giving away free DLC in relatively rapid succession like this, I see it not being that great of a deal. I think creating a bunch of free DLC and then releasing it in one big bulk perhaps every month or two would be far better for making it look more attractive. I think this move just makes it seem silly, even though I think it is a good thing.

• RidrithRidrith Member RarePosts: 808
    Why would you assume this to be a joke?  They've already stated they'd be releasing 16 DLC for free.  Plenty of games SELL content like this for $1.99 to 5 dollars for a single quest or a costume.  This kind of thing should be praised, THIS kind of stuff SHOULD be free.  The fact that the main DLC packs that they're releasing each add upwards of 5-10 hours of content and won't be released until towards the middle of this year and then in 2016...  That's something to be praised.  CD-Projekt Red knows how to treat their customers like people.

I like to complain about games.
  • thunderclesthundercles Member UncommonPosts: 510
    I will never finish this game. The amount of stuff to do is crazy.
  • fascismfascism Member UncommonPosts: 428
    I'm not afraid to admit that I have a crush on Yenn
  • AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299

While I normally finish an rpg in 2 weeks max and never come back unless a dlc is amazing, CD-Projekt Red's Witcher 3 has me wanting more and more and I'm willing to wait. These 16 small dlc's would all cost something from other companies, yet are being given away for free. Even though the 10 hour and 20 hour expansions won't be around anytime soon I'll be sure to keep The Witcher 3 installed and eagerly await their release.

Also Yen has to be the hottest video game character yet, I'm not afraid to say this game immerses me a little "too" much into the role of Geralt!

Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    Brilliant,more stuff to do.45 hours into the game and I aint even gone to skellege yet.Have just finished off junior quest and being trying to finish off treasures,contracts,side quests,gwent and fist fighting lol.This game has everything...oh and i'll be trying to get a threesome if I can,if I,m lucky enough.
  • muthaxmuthax Member UncommonPosts: 703
    Originally posted by DMKano

I wonder why they didn't localize the names for US like

Geralt - Jerald or Jerry

Yenneffer - Jenny from the block

Europeans have a tad more taste ;)

• feena750feena750 Member UncommonPosts: 330
    They said they will release 2 DLC every wednesday until they hit 16 free DLC released
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065
    Man....charge for dlc and people complain...free dlc snd people complain.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • luisrkillerluisrkiller Member UncommonPosts: 107

Originally posted by JeroKane
    Is this supposed to be a joke? A satire towards DLC?  Or what exactly?

Lol, buy the expansions pass if youre unsatisfied.

Originally posted by Purutzil

Well... seems underwhelming to be honest, then again it is free DLC. The mission could possibly be great, who knows how it plays really.

I have to say they probably messed up doing it this way. Unless they plan on giving away free DLC in relatively rapid succession like this, I see it not being that great of a deal. I think creating a bunch of free DLC and then releasing it in one big bulk perhaps every month or two would be far better for making it look more attractive. I think this move just makes it seem silly, even though I think it is a good thing.

The game just released, and they have released 2 free DLC far, with 2 upcoming, and another 12 upcoming in the future. Their expansion pass costs $25 and adds 30 more hours of content to the game. They've outdone themselves if you ask me.

• Geo320Geo320 Member UncommonPosts: 5
    From what I understand/read a month or 2 ago, these free DLC's were supposed to be in the game on release but were not complete yet, and they did not want to push back the release of the game because these minor additions were not finished yet.
  • mayito7777mayito7777 Member UncommonPosts: 768
    Noob here, is this game similar to Skyrim?

want 7 free days of playing? Try this

http://www.swtor.com/r/ZptVnY

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,407
    Originally posted by DMKano

I wonder why they didn't localize the names for US like

Geralt - Jerald or Jerry

Yenneffer - Jenny from the block

It would have been weird a name switch now in the third game besides Jerald and jerry so ...meh lol

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• primetheusprimetheus Member UncommonPosts: 28

they stated a while back that they had a bunch of extra content but they are so against ripping people of with short meaningless dlc's or making people pay to have a different beard ect. that they would release the first 16 updates free and only the 30+ hour mini expansions would be payable for as dlc content

A very refreshing thing indeed as we have become way to accustomed to paying for stuff that would otherwise have made the normal release 5 years past

• DeniZgDeniZg Member UncommonPosts: 697

I find it amusing how CDPR has very broad interpretation of free DLC's, especially when comparing it's game to Skyrim. And then delivers new beard styles and hair as "DLC" and announces paid expansions while nobody bats an eye.

Still, good game though that I've bought for PS4.

• killion81killion81 Member UncommonPosts: 995
    Originally posted by mayito7777
    Noob here, is this game similar to Skyrim?

There are similarities in that they are both RPGs, allowing you to roam the world freely and develop your character.  Personally, I prefer the lore in the The Witcher series.

• ManestreamManestream Member UncommonPosts: 941

so 1 DLC that gives a new quest (i personally would not call that a DLC)

and a 2nd DLC that gives a character a differant look?? (think thats they said and again i would not call that a DLC either.

If these are classed as DLC's then i can see companies start to change character looks and add a quest for 5+ £/$ a time

• luisrkillerluisrkiller Member UncommonPosts: 107
    Originally posted by Manestream

so 1 DLC that gives a new quest (i personally would not call that a DLC)

and a 2nd DLC that gives a character a differant look?? (think thats they said and again i would not call that a DLC either.

If these are classed as DLC's then i can see companies start to change character looks and add a quest for 5+ £/$ a time

DLC = Dowloadable content

Can you download it? Yes. Also, it's free so I don't think you should complain lol.

If you want more, download the expansion pass that equals 30+ hours of extra content once the new expansions come out. 30+ hours alone is longer than most base games out there tbh.