Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Official Lineage 2 Classic Server Coming!

Comments

• KabulozoKabulozo Member RarePosts: 932
    Originally posted by Mikeha
    Originally posted by Prenho3
    Originally posted by VIktory4Lineage2

GK server now has a peak of players below 3k (2.8K-2.9K), Shilen + Maphr + Eva that will be merged soon have a peak of 2.4K players.

Considering that the hype of Russians was at the moon comparing the the EU zone, I don't see future in a classic EU, it is just a matter of time until it goes F2P(aka P2W).

Not to mention that the drop rates are 6 times lower than the original L2 and they have also added lots of money sinks on this classic version.

Wrong!

Prove that.

Just see the real time statistics on RU servers:

http://l2on.net/

If you click in each of them you can see graphics displaying their current max capacity.

Shilen + Maphr + Eva will be merged in one single Shilen server:

https://4gameforum.ru/showthread.php?t=829644

Not to mention in Korea Classic there was a merge of 3 dead servers in one server on April 22 (Giran + Elf + Dark Elf servers = new Giran server).

L2 classic was doomed from the start. I was gonna make a pk  toon to have some fun until I heard its going to be pay to play with 1 / 6 rates? Its a cash grap and  I give it one month before people start complaining about what they should have done different. image

I just don't understand how someone can find fun leveling without shots, any pots, scroll of escape and yet having to go on foot because you won't have money for teleport so soon. A lot of people made the lvl 20 and 40 quests on foot because they had no money for teleports.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Originally posted by Kabulozo
    Originally posted by Mikeha

GK server now has a peak of players below 3k (2.8K-2.9K), Shilen + Maphr + Eva that will be merged soon have a peak of 2.4K players.

Considering that the hype of Russians was at the moon comparing the the EU zone, I don't see future in a classic EU, it is just a matter of time until it goes F2P(aka P2W).

Not to mention that the drop rates are 6 times lower than the original L2 and they have also added lots of money sinks on this classic version.

Wrong!

Prove that.

Just see the real time statistics on RU servers:

http://l2on.net/

If you click in each of them you can see graphics displaying their current max capacity.

Shilen + Maphr + Eva will be merged in one single Shilen server:

https://4gameforum.ru/showthread.php?t=829644

Not to mention in Korea Classic there was a merge of 3 dead servers in one server on April 22 (Giran + Elf + Dark Elf servers = new Giran server).

L2 classic was doomed from the start. I was gonna make a pk  toon to have some fun until I heard its going to be pay to play with 1 / 6 rates? Its a cash grap and  I give it one month before people start complaining about what they should have done different. image

I just don't understand how someone can find fun leveling without shots, any pots, scroll of escape and yet having to go on foot because you won't have money for teleport so soon. A lot of people made the lvl 20 and 40 quests on foot because they had no money for teleports.

I really enjoyed having to go out into the world because I couldn't afford teleports. At lower levels shots weren't that big of a deal. As you get higher they are.

the level 20 quests I did on foot. the level 40 I luckily had money for ports. That one was brutal!

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • BK2O1BK2O1 Member UncommonPosts: 91

I find it fun because I play with friends. Back in the day I leveled without shots for a while because I couldn't afford it and sat down after every single mob because my abyss walker had to regen mana. I still enjoyed every second of it and would still today. 

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Originally posted by BK2O1

I find it fun because I play with friends. Back in the day I leveled without shots for a while because I couldn't afford it and sat down after every single mob because my abyss walker had to regen mana. I still enjoyed every second of it and would still today. 

Sent you a pm.image

• RavenRaven Member UncommonPosts: 2,005
    Whats the status on this, does it seem like it might go through?

Seems like its reached 15k already, they are going to scan through it to make sure the numbers are legit.

https://4gameforum.com/threads/wheres-my-l2-classic-eu-reg-page-counter.25733/page-36#post-198357

Really cant wait to give this a go again, seeing talking island village full of people again is gonna be amazing.

Originally posted by Raven

Seems like its reached 15k already, they are going to scan through it to make sure the numbers are legit.

https://4gameforum.com/threads/wheres-my-l2-classic-eu-reg-page-counter.25733/page-36#post-198357

Really cant wait to give this a go again, seeing talking island village full of people again is gonna be amazing.

It will be good to see the old newbie towns full of people again.

• rainorxxrainorxx Member Posts: 85
    I'll bring my Warcryer.
  • VIktory4Lineage2VIktory4Lineage2 Member UncommonPosts: 62

We've done it!!! 

"Dear friends!

We all made quite some work. After this month we have 16555 votes, and it is a little bit more than our initial goal. That is great!
    I bet you all want to know what happens next, and here it is: we've started working towards opening the server. As you can imagine, it involves a lot of preparation, discussion, testing and other complicated stuff which we cannot talk about in details. There is a still a risk that the project won't be launched if the circumstances are not in our favour.
    We appreciate your efforts and your involvement in this project. You've shown your desire to see Lineage 2 Classic in Europe, and it means a lot for us.
    Stay tuned, updates on the project will be posted on the forum as soon as we have them." - Amaratha

Our long month of hard work has come to completion and shows signs of fruit!!! 

https://4gameforum.com/threads/lineage-2-classic-europe-what-is-next.26645/#post-200784

Still going to give it a go for a month just to see the newbie villages / areas full of life one more time but I think the 1 / 6 rates if true are going to be too much. I really hope this does well though just for the people that are really interested it.
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    It isn't a true classic server if it's anything like the JP version. I've been playing it on and off on the japanese classic server, it has quite a few items that can be purchased in the cash shop that would ruin gameplay like Blessed Enchant Weapon Scrolls and things like that. Plus it has all of the most recent graphical enhancements which isn't negative, just doesn't feel quite the same to me. I really was hoping it would have the old movement circle (the flat white one) but still has that giant blue orb. Also didn't they say it was a possibility, not a for sure thing, just generating interest in case they do happen to do it they could show their bosses people want it or something.
  • JohansonJohanson Member UncommonPosts: 52

L2C EU will be b2p, and there won't be any in-game cash shop.

Originally posted by Panther2103
    It isn't a true classic server if it's anything like the JP version. I've been playing it on and off on the japanese classic server, it has quite a few items that can be purchased in the cash shop that would ruin gameplay like Blessed Enchant Weapon Scrolls and things like that. Plus it has all of the most recent graphical enhancements which isn't negative, just doesn't feel quite the same to me. I really was hoping it would have the old movement circle (the flat white one) but still has that giant blue orb. Also didn't they say it was a possibility, not a for sure thing, just generating interest in case they do happen to do it they could show their bosses people want it or something.

It will be Pay to Play and there won't be a cash shop so no ruined gameplay there as for the graphical increase like you said it's a plus i don't mind it. I'm not saying that this will be 100% classic, but it will be the closest we've had in over 7 years. 

• exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089

i wouldnt touch L2C without bots by a mile. My life and the time i would miss to generate real life money are far, far more valuable then nostalgic feelings.

1/6 exp rates? holy moly- get me the bots guys.

Although i know already i would quit the game before C2 comes.

Originally posted by exile01

i wouldnt touch L2C without bots by a mile. My life and the time i would miss to generate real life money are far, far more valuable then nostalgic feelings.

1/6 exp rates? holy moly- get me the bots guys.

Although i know already i would quit the game before C2 comes.

lol.... you're funny

Originally posted by coretex666
    Cannot wait for them to launch the server. If only they gave us at least rough estimate when it will come. I wonder if we are talking about a month or Q3 / Q4 / 2016.

They just said today that if everything goes as planned after summer.

This is indeed quite annoying, I might still give it a go but for a lot of people that I used to play with they are only really hyped now for this, I doubt I will be able to convince them or that they will care about it 4/5 months down the line. Not really a well played card by 4Game, I was expecting this was gonna be a 1 month after the voting ended kind of thing, ohh well.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    This is indeed quite annoying, I might still give it a go but for a lot of people that I used to play with they are only really hyped now for this, I doubt I will be able to convince them or that they will care about it 4/5 months down the line. Not really a well played card by 4Game, I was expecting this was gonna be a 1 month after the voting ended kind of thing, ohh well.

Your not wrong, 1 month would probably have been acceptable, but 4 or 5 months, by then many will have moved on to other things and probably forgotten all about it.

Hard to imagine that Innova are really serious about this, either that or they have a problem obtaining permissions, who knows, something strange though if it is taking them this long to bring about a server for a game that has been in existence for such a long period of time. image

Yea, I was thinking it was coming soon too. Back to Chronos for me then.

Originally posted by Phry

Your not wrong, 1 month would probably have been acceptable, but 4 or 5 months, by then many will have moved on to other things and probably forgotten all about it.

Hard to imagine that Innova are really serious about this, either that or they have a problem obtaining permissions, who knows, something strange though if it is taking them this long to bring about a server for a game that has been in existence for such a long period of time. image

I understand what you're getting at, but here are a few points to look out. innova not looking for some quick cash grab they want only people that are really interested. I'm sure they want all the 1 month people that test it and quick, but then everyone that really wants a good server would be left with a half assed rushed client, blah blah. 

The real reason why it's after summer is because Innova said that they would never release a game in the summer, so bascially this means that they could probably get everything ready for a release in july, but they said no summer releases so they are sticking by it. 

The hype might die a little down, but even after summer there still no games in sight that I would play, and if you wanna keep your own hype building inside you just go to 4games forums and talk in the classic disscussion it's alot of fun, or go to twitch and watch some streams.

• RajCajRajCaj Member UncommonPosts: 704

Fair point, but do you think all the die hards (that are willing to wait till Sept - Nov for a launch) enough people to make up a large enough server population to make the game worth while to play?  Sandbox games are more dependent on an active server community than the themepark types.

In my opinion, Innova will need to make some converts out of people who haven't experienced a classic Lineage 2 experience to supplement the relatively small number of dedicated L2 vets.  2 Things that work against bringing in new blood are 1) Prolonged release in an already saturated gaming market 2) 1/6th drop & exp rates

Dropping the EU Classic client within 1 month of hitting the feasibility metrics & going with original 1x rates would have improved the chances of yielding a larger playerbase than going with Innova's current plan.

• RajCajRajCaj Member UncommonPosts: 704

I understand what you're getting at, but here are a few points to look out. innova not looking for some quick cash grab they want only people that are really interested. I'm sure they want all the 1 month people that test it and quick, but then everyone that really wants a good server would be left with a half assed rushed client, blah blah. 

The real reason why it's after summer is because Innova said that they would never release a game in the summer, so bascially this means that they could probably get everything ready for a release in july, but they said no summer releases so they are sticking by it. 

The hype might die a little down, but even after summer there still no games in sight that I would play, and if you wanna keep your own hype building inside you just go to 4games forums and talk in the classic disscussion it's alot of fun, or go to twitch and watch some streams.

There may not be any summer releases, but I've seen a lot of Lineage 2 MMO fans talk about signing up for the new Blade & Soul launch coming around the same time Innova will likely launch L2.  That's unwanted competition for the classic server.

Also the Innova forums have been down for 2 days...something that doesn't exactly encourage folks willing to wait it out.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

I don't see why this is an issue. Had they not solicited possible players and just announced it 4 - 5 months from now, the people who would be interested would probably still be interested.

What's going on 4-5 months from now that's going to be more compelling than what's going on 1 month from now?

This is similar to the Blade & Soul business with "isn't this a 3 year old game? Too little too late!"

If the game is compelling then people will still be interested.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    Originally posted by Sovrath

I don't see why this is an issue. Had they not solicited possible players and just announced it 4 - 5 months from now, the people who would be interested would probably still be interested.

What's going on 4-5 months from now that's going to be more compelling than what's going on 1 month from now?

This is similar to the Blade & Soul business with "isn't this a 3 year old game? Too little too late!"

I think a lot of people are in it for the nostalgia, when you ask for 20k people to sign up to prove that your business model is viable by X date then people expect some kind of plan at X date, when I saw this I got really excited, I started to talk to people about playing it again, a few people signed up because we talked about plans to re-live some of the moments we had back in early 2000s when we started playing the game. 

This whole thing was tied to the fact that by the 21st we would get some yay or nay, its just gonna be hard to maintain the level of excitment this far off I suppose. Its not very clever of them cause if 6 months down the line im happy playing something else with other people I will probably not gonna resub to L2 just to try out classic.

• Pratt2112Pratt2112 Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Originally posted by Sovrath

Not to mention, people do start games years after they've launched all the time. The only people who are turned away from starting a game some time after its release, are those who feel it's not worth playing if they haven't. There's plenty of people who do not think that way.

New people enter the MMO market all the time. People tire of the same, familiar experience they'd been getting, and want to try something new. Maybe they're looking for something to supplement their usual gaming fare. Maybe they have friends who play, and want them to come play with them. And so on.

I also find it odd that, while people have been asking for a classic L2 server for a long time now - since GoD launched. Now that they know they'll finally have that opportunity... having to wait a few months is somehow going to make them say "Oh, no nevermind. Too far off". That just does not make any sense. Seems to me people making that argument are projecting their own impatience.

It's like a kid begging their parents for their favorite bike for years. Every year, they don't get it, but they keep asking for it. Then, finally one year, their parents say "we're getting you the bike you wanted! But you have to wait a few months, until Christmas". In response, the kid says "I have to wait a few months for it? Then forget it, I don't want it anymore". I mean.. who the hell would do that?

I could see them perhaps trying to use it as some manipulative tactic, maybe hoping the parents will feel bad for "crushing their hopes by making them wait", and say "Oh, okay nevermind.. you can have it now". Maybe that's what's going on?