Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is this game like?

AbimorAbimor Member RarePosts: 874
I followed a link from mmorpg to the vindictus website it has a cool video, but what is this game like? Can I play it without a controller? Will I be able to solo some things since late at night is the only time I play is it fun? One last question how free is free I have never dealt with nexon before. Thanks for the info

Comments

• Dampiel_szDampiel_sz Member UncommonPosts: 73

what is this game like? 

I like to think of it as an action packed dungeon crawler minus the extreme amounts of loot

Can I play it without a controller?

yes, the keyboard and mouse controls works well

Will I be able to solo some things since late at night is the only time I play is it fun?

You can always run an instance on a lower setting, but if you have to run it lower than hard... you are doing something wrong! As for the fun factor, yes it is fun, to me, if it is fun for you i suggest you research it a bit. check out the heroes and watch some youtube videos. The Vindictus webpage also has preview videos explaining all of the heroes.

One last question how free is free I have never dealt with nexon before. Thanks for the info

Content wise there are no pay walls. In the cash shop you can find mainly cosmetic things and boosters to all sorts of stuff. Just keep in mind the cash shop can make it faster, but wont make you stronger than someone who didnt pay cash

• AbimorAbimor Member RarePosts: 874
    Originally posted by Dampiel_sz

what is this game like? 

I like to think of it as an action packed dungeon crawler minus the extreme amounts of loot

Can I play it without a controller?

yes, the keyboard and mouse controls works well

Will I be able to solo some things since late at night is the only time I play is it fun?

You can always run an instance on a lower setting, but if you have to run it lower than hard... you are doing something wrong! As for the fun factor, yes it is fun, to me, if it is fun for you i suggest you research it a bit. check out the heroes and watch some youtube videos. The Vindictus webpage also has preview videos explaining all of the heroes.

One last question how free is free I have never dealt with nexon before. Thanks for the info

Content wise there are no pay walls. In the cash shop you can find mainly cosmetic things and boosters to all sorts of stuff. Just keep in mind the cash shop can make it faster, but wont make you stronger than someone who didnt pay cash

Hey thanks for all the answers dling it now I take it that you play what server are you on?

• patlefortpatlefort Member UncommonPosts: 142
    Mouse and keyboard still have the same problem as ever, still unresponsive and randomly ignore commands. I logged in today after a long break, did a dungeon and had the same exact problems, which I do not have in other games.
  • NanbinoNanbino Member UncommonPosts: 168

What is it like? - Dungeon grind. Quests are there to make you fetch armor pieces. Which tuns it into a long grind. The Graphics are hot. The combat is iffy. The NPC's are 2D...yeah...2D.... The dialog is stupid.

Combat is worse than Dragons Nest. In DN you can cancel and do some smooth moves. In Vindictus it is very stuff and linearly executed. But it is not "bad". It is there. And it works for it's game world. A lot of cool rag doll physics. There are plenty of graphical glitches to make funny DERP moments.

It is ruled by elitists. You will solo EVERYTHING. IF you do not meet ARMOR requirements, you WILL NOT get a party for more important progression. Creating a huge block in progression. 2 ways to get around it. Farm farm farm until rich to buy certain items. Then get that armot they are asking for. Also, it is HUGE drop rate reduction. They have "increase drop potions" and it is P2W up the butt!

Official nexon drop rates were around .0001% for the end game gear. Potions push that decimal about a point or two...nothing is guaranteed even if you cash...but you do get a better chance. And you do need a group for certain stuff.

Because it is high grind. There are finger pains since it is open action as well. Lots of finger acrobatics for simple kills etc. It makes you worn out fast. IF your 12, hopped up on haloween candy, and have nothing better to burn your energy on, try this game.

Did I mention 2D NPCS? (one of the thing this game had me rolling on. Seriously. Hot 3D top noth models...in a 2D world...Even Dragon Nest has 3D models...they take cheap short cuts in this cash grabber).

• Mange1Mange1 Member UncommonPosts: 266
    You are hurting your credibility by comparing Vindictus to Dragons Nest, Dragons Nest is nowhere near the level of vindictus gameplay wise save for graphical comparisons.  You can probably play Dragons Nest maxed out on a smart phone.
  • AnirethAnireth Member UncommonPosts: 940

Speaking about the EU version, NA is a bit different, both in terms of content and gameplay (and bugs).

Combat is very action orientated. Don't know what Nambino's problem is regarding cancelling - it's not like skills take ages to execute, and you can cancel them if they take longer. Overall it's very fast.

Visuals are very neat. Source engine. Dated, but still one of the best looking games out there imho, especially given that there are hundreds of armors you can choose from.

Cash shop has costumes and boosts, besides that you can get almost everything with gold - might take a while to get enough gold, but it's certainly possible and actually feasible. You won't be able to afford high end equipment the moment you hit max, but if you continue to play, watch the marketplace, maybe farm scrolls etc. it's certainly possible.

You can solo everything, if you got what it takes. It's not gonna be easy, but there are tons of videos of people doing so, even knew a few myself.

There are almost always people doing end game raids (and often the quest), lower levels usually also get people if you open a boat, and making friends is easy enough (made more in Vindictus than in all other MMOs i played except UO..).

There are attack rating requirements for joining high end rates (set by player, not the game). These are often ridiculous high, way higher than actually needed to beat the boss in any realistic tame frame, but players like to "make sure", even if equipment doesn't say anything about skills. E.g., some people can solo high end bosses naked, i couldn't solo most bosses 10-20 below me even with full equip. I'm not a bad player in regular fights (at least i often came out top on damage, low deaths etc.), but solo is something completely different.

There are also some very good  people (skill and equip) that host low req/unrestricted boats or join boats that do have low/no requirements to help out new players.

NPCs are 2d pictures, but as you only interact with the question mark on their heads in other games anyways that's not detrimental. There are also some cutscenes with actual 3d models, but not many.

Drop rates for good stuff is quite low, but if you have fun doing the dailies you will get the stuff over time. You will also slowly acquire gold over time by selling the crap drops, but they basically just raise the baseline wealth, while the rare drops are what allow you to pay for a new weapon, armor or enchantment scrolls etc.

Also note that you host the missions yourself. You go to the dock, select a mission and hoast a boat. Almost everyone can do normal mission with 4 players, 6 or 8 man raids often require a better internet connection.

If you join someone, your connection is obviously not really important.

Again, talking about the EU version. NA has some differences. Not that much, but they are there.

I'll wait to the day's end when the moon is high
    And then I'll rise with the tide with a lust for life, I'll
    Amass an army, and we'll harness a horde
    And then we'll limp across the land until we stand at the shore

• ArChWindArChWind Member UncommonPosts: 1,340

Originally posted by Abimor
    I followed a link from mmorpg to the vindictus website it has a cool video, but what is this game like? Can I play it without a controller? Will I be able to solo some things since late at night is the only time I play is it fun? One last question how free is free I have never dealt with nexon before. Thanks for the info

1. Game is ARPG.

2. - mouse/keyboard/controller - Mouse/keyboard is my choice.

3. - I have soloed 100% of the game because I want to.

This is a group run at low level I soloed this very first time through this dungeon with Lynn.

Groups go faster.

fun and challenging.

4. - I have spent 10 buck for some pots and feathers because do sole raids. ;)

ArChWind — MMORPG.com Forums

If you are interested in making a MMO maybe visit my page to get a free open source engine.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.