Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Shadowrun Chronicles, anyone playing it?

MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786

What are your thoughts.  I have head it very polished and has good graphics, but the development and gameplay are simplistic.  Is that what you have found.  It also looks like  a lobby game.  Is it a lobby game where there is a hub for players to meet up at or just a gui? 

Ant thoughts or input on this game would be appreciated. 

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

Comments

• MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786
    So no one is playing it?

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

• reb007reb007 Member UncommonPosts: 613

I am playing, and I enjoy it.

It is very polished and the graphics are decent (typical for a modern isometric view game).

Combat is simple, but there is depth.

Yes it is a lobby game.  The lobby is a small town where you buy and sell goods, get missions, and interact with NPCs and players.  It's an actual town that you move around in, not just a GUI.

I happen to be a fan of turn-based combat, isometric view, and Shadowrun.  I like it!

So is the lobby similar to Dungeon Runners.

How close is it to the shadowrun returns or dragonfall?

I think I might give it a chance at the next steam sale. 

--John Ruskin

• ICEBLUEICEBLUE Member UncommonPosts: 58

I have been a supporter since the first days of the Kickstarter. Had a lot of hopes for a Shadowrun Online game, but as time progressed it devolved into a typical shoot everything you encounter type of game with set instructions on how to do each mission from a quest giver. The big finds in game are new clothing in lockers etc.

As a long time Shaodowrun follower, having played the RPG from the 1st days of release I can tell you it has some elements of what makes Shadowrun a unique game but misses the big marks of doing missions in the RPG which are based around information gathering, hacking into the networks, stealth etc... and mainly trying to avoid combat unless really needed.

This game is fun in its own way but I guess we have to wait and see if someone (maybe a Johnson) will actually make a good RPG Shadowrun game at some point in the future.

Can anyone let me know how the character customization is.  Is it like the other shadowrun games?  Or is it a different model. I have not been able to find any good data on it.  If anyone has a link to some useful data that would be great......or even a character builder.

--John Ruskin