Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Alot of players on Ragefire are actually new, how I know...

BraindomeBraindome Member UncommonPosts: 959

Cause I made a Wood Elf and started in Greater Faydark and there are corpses everywhere...lol. People keep falling out of the trees, it's hilarious and if nothing else worth resubbing just to see, bwahaha. image

Actually  it's quite populated and really cool, enjoying it very much and luckily Gloomingdeep isn't even an option, you gotta start the old school way, funny/fun stuff is amiss here peeps, worth checking out for the lawls at least.

Comments

• strawhat0981strawhat0981 Member RarePosts: 1,198
    Originally posted by Rhoklaw
    Originally posted by Braindome

Cause I made a Wood Elf and started in Greater Faydark and there are corpses everywhere...lol. People keep falling out of the trees, it's hilarious and if nothing else worth resubbing just to see, bwahaha. image

Actually  it's quite populated and really cool, enjoying it very much and luckily Gloomingdeep isn't even an option, you gotta start the old school way, funny/fun stuff is amiss here peeps, worth checking out for the lawls at least.

Is there a cash shop associated with Ragefire? I'm hoping not.

I bet Crowfall has a cash shop.

Originally posted by laokoko
    "if you want to be a game designer, you should sell your house and fund your game. Since if you won't even fund your own game, no one will".

• Storm_CloudStorm_Cloud Member UncommonPosts: 401

Yes, there is a cash shop. They sell xp potions amongst other stuff. Xp potions being the only items that has an impact on gameplay.

• craftseekercraftseeker Member RarePosts: 1,740

They may not be as new as you think.  It used to be the thing to hold an in game "marriage" in Kelethin and at the conclusion for the entire wedding party to jump off together as a celebration.  So perhaps people "renewing their vows" or some other role playing thing.  

• BraindomeBraindome Member UncommonPosts: 959

Only a single 25% exp pot that lasts 4 hours for a single player for 300SC or one that buffs a whole party for 1400SC. That is honestly the only buff item, there are no other crazy pots, mounts or OP items, all the rest is just novelty and cosmetic, nowhere near as many items as the normal store and nothing to promote fast travel ;)

• ThebeastttThebeasttt Member RarePosts: 1,130
    Originally posted by craftseeker

They may not be as new as you think.  It used to be the thing to hold an in game "marriage" in Kelethin and at the conclusion for the entire wedding party to jump off together as a celebration.  So perhaps people "renewing their vows" or some other role playing thing.  

Yes those corpses are surely from the extremely rare occurrence of in game marriage on a brand new progression server because........logic.

• craftseekercraftseeker Member RarePosts: 1,740
    Originally posted by Thebeasttt

Yes those corpses are surely from the extremely rare occurrence of in game marriage on a brand new progression server because........logic.

LOL, and you know in game marriage is extremely rare because    ..... logic?  A progression server is a nostalgia thing, so some people may well indulge in such activities   ..... or not.   But leaping to the conclusion "newbie" is also not based on evidence, leaping for fun, leaping from frustration, lagging over the edge  lots and lots of reasons none of which can be definitively attributed to a corpse on the ground near Kelethin.

• BraindomeBraindome Member UncommonPosts: 959
    Originally posted by Thebeasttt

LOL, and you know in game marriage is extremely rare because    ..... logic?  A progression server is a nostalgia thing, so some people may well indulge in such activities   ..... or not.   But leaping to the conclusion "newbie" is also not based on evidence, leaping for fun, leaping from frustration, lagging over the edge  lots and lots of reasons none of which can be definitively attributed to a corpse on the ground near Kelethin.

Either is fine, it's funny and nostalgic to see...or hear regardless, xD. 

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Originally posted by strawhat0981

I would bet 99.9% that Crowfall has cash shop.

I still don't know why anyone would join a EQ1 server when EQ2 is a far better game that looks far better.I heard a lot fo insulting and crying from EQ1 vets when EQ2 was released,personally i had no problem at all moving to EQ2,i thought it was a no brainer,EQ1 is just too dated.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• hockeyplayrhockeyplayr Member UncommonPosts: 604
    I'm new.  Never played the original everquest before this at all. Figured the progression server would be a good time to give it a go. 
  • VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Originally posted by Wizardry
    Originally posted by strawhat0981

I would bet 99.9% that Crowfall has cash shop.

I still don't know why anyone would join a EQ1 server when EQ2 is a far better game that looks far better.

Because it isn't just about the looks. The two games, especially a pre expansion EQ TLP server, are extremely different.

You like EQ2, that's fine, so do I, but you are trying to understand why some like the colour blue when you like the colour red.

• grimfallgrimfall Member UncommonPosts: 1,153
    Originally posted by hockeyplayr
    I'm new.  Never played the original everquest before this at all. Figured the progression server would be a good time to give it a go. 

I've run into a handful of new players.  I think most of them are even more excited than the 16 year-ago "veterans".  It really is a great game, if you can get over the out-of-date graphics.

It's also really informative if you came to the genre later, to see the mechanics that most of the games used as a starting point.