Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I like wildstar but whats the point in buying it and subbing?

Xorian7Xorian7 Member UncommonPosts: 212
Yea it actually has some depth rpg wise for a good combat system, the content is interesting and quests arent bad. But its going f2p in what 3 months? I mean why not now? Why would anyone buy the 40 dollar game? I dont get it. I guess im stuck with star wars for now.

Comments

• Shoko_LiedShoko_Lied Member UncommonPosts: 2,193
    It's not F2P right now because they have to develop a new F2P infrastructure to run which is a lot of work.
  • AxehiltAxehilt Member RarePosts: 10,504

For a lot of people $40 isn't much if a game is entertaining.  Most games that switch to F2P also give some nice benefits to pre-existing customers, though that's not where most of value comes from.  Most of the value is in playing the game now, rather than waiting around playing something that isn't new or isn't as fun.  People pay that much money for early-access after all, which is almost the same thing (except that Wildstar is likely in a more stable and content-filled state than an early-access game would be.)

So there are reasons.

"What is truly revealing is his implication that believing something to be true is the same as it being true. [continue]" -John Oliver

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829

Has there actually been any official word on WS going F2P? The closest I remember seeing is a Steam page getting updated to something dubious.

They might not go F2P for a while yet, or not at all. Though the latter seems unlikely to me. Besides, if you buy it before it goes F2P you'll probably have a bunch of permanent bonuses that won't be available anymore once the boxes are gone. (Similar to what Rift and Tera did when they converted)

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• Xorian7Xorian7 Member UncommonPosts: 212

Ok so thats not much of a loss, how are you guys liking the game?

What do you like about it?

And does anyone know if I can move the target interfaces from the middle of the screen to another position?

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by Xorian7

Combat is one of my favorites of all mmorpgs, it has outstanding music, superb housing, and you don't have to take things serious! Sometimes it's just good to get in a game to have fun and not have to feel like it's a job.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

Honestly it does seem like another solo mmorpg to level 50 and I could just play star wars for that, id rather just wait for this to be f2p.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Yea it actually has some depth rpg wise for a good combat system, the content is interesting and quests arent bad. But its going f2p in what 3 months? I mean why not now? Why would anyone buy the 40 dollar game? I dont get it. I guess im stuck with star wars for now.

just be a little patient. It is not like there aren't other entertainment for now.

There is really no point in buying or subbing when f2p is inevitable.

• laokokolaokoko Member UncommonPosts: 2,004

If it's going f2p, just means a bunch of things will be behind pay wall later.

So might as well buy it now.  You most likely will get some veteran benefits like all those previous games that went f2p.

I much rather spend 20 more dollars for a more in depth mmo like elder scrolls online.
  • tinoberserktinoberserk Member UncommonPosts: 73
    You sorta missed the two star wars comments he made And he's not really bashing WS. It does seem ESO is like some sort of red flag to you mr. Picard.
    No bashing here theres allot I like about it but since its going f2p I cant justify buying it now who knows the direction it will go besides if im going to play another solo mmo then it probably should be swtor id probably get bored with wildstar regardless of it having more actual rpg depth.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    There is no point to paying for any game unless you are willing to support it. If you think a game is good you should support it. That is my view, I worry about games going under because too many people refuse to support the things they enjoy. Games are going under because people no longer want to support the games they play. It will go on like this and soon we will be left with hardly any games we want to play because when we had the chance we did not support the games we wanted to play.
    Chamber of Chains
  • DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
    I was quite hyped for Wildstar but it was so bland and formulaic that I swiftly gave up on it.  Even if it goes F2P I won't bother reinstalling it.
  • mrrshann618mrrshann618 Member UncommonPosts: 279

If you are looking to make this a game that you will play the answer is simple.

Support it, even if it eventually goes f2p, you support a game that you want to play. The act of supporting it will help ensure that you can CONTINUE to play that game.

If you are looking for just another f2p then do as you will. Support or not, it does not matter.

I do not get to play much so most sub games, for what they offer, is not worth it. I do support the games I do play, but I will be honest that when you break it down it is far less than any sub.

Play what you Like. I like SWOTR, Have a referral to get you going!
    -->  http://www.swtor.com/r/nBndbs  <--
    Several Unlocks and a few days game time to make the F2P considerably easier
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by cheyane
    There is no point to paying for any game unless you are willing to support it. If you think a game is good you should support it. That is my view, I worry about games going under because too many people refuse to support the things they enjoy. Games are going under because people no longer want to support the games they play. It will go on like this and soon we will be left with hardly any games we want to play because when we had the chance we did not support the games we wanted to play.

^Pretty much.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Originally posted by Shoko_Lied
    It's not F2P right now because they have to develop a new F2P infrastructure to run which is a lot of work.

Which is probably a good indicator of how clueless they are about the market....Anyone that makes a MMO nowadays and has no plans for future f2p is basically going to fail.

Instead of jumping to assumptions and telling me what to do maybe you guys should back off ok? I didn't ask you your narrowed opinions on what I should do with my money did I? No I did not think so. And i'm not going to support a game that goes f2p unless it actually turns out good, as of right now i'm paying for star wars but if I wanted to play just the f2p model that's really none of your business.

And I always end up paying for a vip access towards the game im playing, im not made of money and going to spend 40 dollars a game im probably not going to play and as I pointed out could get bored with as im already playing another solo mmorpg that i'm paying for. Some of us have real  value of use what we spend and dont just throw money around because we support all these companies we really don't know anything about. And lets not forget its nc soft people lol seriously, do we have some shills here? You guys work for nc soft and want me to throw my money at you after the crap you pulled with coh? I don' think so.

And again as some of you don't read id rather spend a little more and support eso considering there isn' even a sub I would need to worry about and that's the best thing I can do for my money, show me a real company worth my money and I might consider supporting them.

Originally posted by Theocritus

Which is probably a good indicator of how clueless they are about the market....Anyone that makes a MMO nowadays and has no plans for future f2p is basically going to fail.

SWTOR, Tera, LOTRO were all doing poorly and then changed over to f2p, and are very successful now. They didn't just flip a switch and instantly have a new payment model. 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by Amjoco

SWTOR, Tera, LOTRO were all doing poorly and then changed over to f2p, and are very successful now. They didn't just flip a switch and instantly have a new payment model. 

and WS should have learned the lesson from these games since it was released much later.

Originally posted by nariusseldon

and WS should have learned the lesson from these games since it was released much later.

Why in the heck would a company invest money and develop an entire F2P or B2P model if they don't use it. That would be like me buying a spare engine for my car and putting it in my garage in case the block cracks. 

• simpliussimplius Member UncommonPosts: 1,134
    Originally posted by NightHaveN
    Some people like F2P, being kids and leeches mostly. Others more mature like P2P because when a game lacks a 2nd way of income, every item is obtainable as part of the same simple and low subscription fee. Plus less chance of those cupcake kids that are growing these days that don't give a damn about anything being in those games behind a pay wall.

Why supporting it. Simple you paid for things you like every day... food, movies, cable/sat/stream tv. If you like it, then you should pay it. The more subs the more likely chances game doesn't become another F2P full of kiddies.

you heard it here first folks: THERE ARE NO SHITTY GAMES..ONLY SHITTY PLAYERS

yes, there are many freeloaders in gaming...and many in RL too

i dont even mind paying for another low income player ..IF HE/SHE IS A NICE PERSON (fat chance)

BTW, which was the first F2P mmo..UO?AO?

• GestankfaustGestankfaust Member UncommonPosts: 1,989

Combat is one of my favorites of all mmorpgs, it has outstanding music, superb housing, and you don't have to take things serious! Sometimes it's just good to get in a game to have fun and not have to feel like it's a job.

Funny...all I ever see is the combat is the worst....

good to know that being serious isn't a must....maybe when it does go F2P I might check it out

"This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to. Relax....."