Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Some questions :)

delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

I'm not playing as much as I would like to....I wish everyone in real life would leave me alone....Don't they know all I just want to do is play the Witcher 3 !!!!!!.......Well anyway.

I have some low level questions :

1) I'm still only level 3 and I don't seem to be gaining any exp. I'm almost level 4. Now I'm not in any hurry but I DON'T KNOW WHERE TO GO. I finished most everything in White Orchard that's about to level 4.

The map opens up for me to travel to White Orchard, Vizima, Velen, and Novgrad.  I must say I've only ventured to Velen and some level 4 quest there.  But most I've found are 5,6,and 7's.  A lot of Beast and humans are 10's....I guess I'm not in the right place ?  Or maybe I should do more of the main story, and it will guide me. ?

2) Doesn't seem to be enough side quest, but I may not know how to find more, help !

3) Treasure hunts, I get " read the notes or books ".  But they don't seem to say much, maybe I just have to read them better. maybe ?

Believe me I love Open world games . But just a few setbacks is all.  I'm spending a lot of time studying crafting. I love this game :)

Comments

• Quazal.AQuazal.A Member UncommonPosts: 859
    Originally posted by delete5230

I'm not playing as much as I would like to....I wish everyone in real life would leave me alone....Don't they know all I just want to do is play the Witcher 3 !!!!!!.......Well anyway.

I agree 100% even my daughter rang me yesterday and has asked if we can look after my grand-daughter until monday :( Love her much i do, but damn i just wanted to get on with game lol :)

I have some low level questions :

1) I'm still only level 3 and I don't seem to be gaining any exp. I'm almost level 4. Now I'm not in any hurry but I DON'T KNOW WHERE TO GO. I finished most everything in White Orchard that's about to level 4.

The map opens up for me to travel to White Orchard, Vizima, Velen, and Novgrad.  I must say I've only ventured to Velen and some level 4 quest there.  But most I've found are 5,6,and 7's.  A lot of Beast and humans are 10's....I guess I'm not in the right place ?  Or maybe I should do more of the main story, and it will guide me. ?

Head to Velen, Follow the quest, you will find that the side quests are around level 5, MAKE SURE you do EVERY ? you see, some you will get owned at , others you will find quite easy. I generally find that the level of the monster doesn't really impact on their strength, only when they show a Skull do i tend to ignore them, The storyline quest will start to shift your XP quite high. 

2) Doesn't seem to be enough side quest, but I may not know how to find more, help !

Speak to People around the villages, you will find the side quests can be hidden in general conversations, Make sure you also Pick up EVERY quest on the boards, But as i said above, make sure you visit every ? in game

Also if you see things like caves etc, go in them, you may well find hidden quests, bonus zones etc.

3) Treasure hunts, I get " read the notes or books ".  But they don't seem to say much, maybe I just have to read them better. maybe ?

Some lead you onto quests, others are literarly just read the book about hte monsters etc, that is the reward, filling your bestiary up, your bestiary details how to kill the monsters , their weakness etc.

Believe me I love Open world games . But just a few setbacks is all.  I'm spending a lot of time studying crafting. I love this game :)

The one hint i would give, dont craft many things, potions etc yes, but armor and such generally unless it witcher gear no real point as you will get better from drops etc.

by the way im only level 8 and still just on the red baron quest chain, http://gyazo.com/0bb5df5e15c403ae50b48429a6e2a8ea

That is my time in game V % done :) so you can see im heading way over teh 200 hours to complete, but thats because i just enjoy riding around the countryside and randomly finding things :)

This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game where of course you're welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
    Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Thanks Q :)