Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New expansion

reneco11reneco11 Member UncommonPosts: 18

I have a lvl 50 who only has the first level of good armor that you get from doing those crazy quests. I left the game because when I was trying to get the last good armor from doing those crazy quests, everyone would leave because 1 or 2 of us had the weaker armor. Is there another way to get the end level good armor with out the crazy quests.  I have been away for awhile and was wondering about joining again.

Will my char. qualify for the new expansion with the weaker armor?

Shendoah

Comments

• MrSnufflesMrSnuffles Member UncommonPosts: 1,117

You need to finish the main story line past the "steps". Which will probably take you a month if you find people doing all those old instances.

You also need to subscribe now and start grinding tokens because you will only get 400 a week and you need much more than that to get a full set of armor. I have not done the math recently but you need at least 2 months to get a full set of token armor with the cap in place.

You can go for the second best armor and grind those tokens which have no cap. So start spamming dungeons over and over.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"It's pretty simple, really. If your only intention in posting about a particular game or topic is to be negative, then yes, you should probably move on. Voicing a negative opinion is fine, continually doing so on the same game is basically just trolling."
    - Michael Bitton
    Community Manager, MMORPG.com

"As an online discussion about Star Citizen grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Derek Smart approaches 1" - MrSnuffles's law

"I am jumping in here a bit without knowing exactly what you all or talking about." 
    - SEANMCAD

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    Originally posted by MrSnuffles

You need to finish the main story line past the "steps". Which will probably take you a month if you find people doing all those old instances.

You also need to subscribe now and start grinding tokens because you will only get 400 a week and you need much more than that to get a full set of armor. I have not done the math recently but you need at least 2 months to get a full set of token armor with the cap in place.

You can go for the second best armor and grind those tokens which have no cap. So start spamming dungeons over and over.

Yea....not a grind at all.

Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Just queue up for the duties you need in your crappy gear. People will love carrying you because they all get a 100 token bonus when a first timer is in the group. I finished mine that way as a tank no less. Healers had way higher health than me lol. But I got all the commendations because of the token bonus.

I was like, "I don't know these fights"
    They were like, "No problem we got this. Token bonus woo!"

• LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327

Peeks in, reads ...  "lvl 50 with first level gear from doing "crazy quests" .... "complaining of fellow players leaving because he was under-geared doing high level dungeons," and " asking for another way to obtain high level gear without doing the "crazy quests" ... shakes head and laughs ... leaves quietly.

• MrSnufflesMrSnuffles Member UncommonPosts: 1,117
    Originally posted by Demogorgon

Bad info is bad

It'll take you probably more than a month and the tokens are Soldiery capped at 2000 and the top one is poetic capped at 900.

There's no grind... the grind is in the way you play. If you choose to grind than have at it, but the games offer many avenue of xp gain.

Diversifie ftw!  :D

Yupp, no grind, you just be doing the same dungeons over and over again for tokens for a couple of months. Diversifying is not really possible because there are only a few Duty Finder Roulette tasks that give you the tokens and only once a day. So get ready for a new job: Do the same dungeons every day, religiously until you cap for the week.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"It's pretty simple, really. If your only intention in posting about a particular game or topic is to be negative, then yes, you should probably move on. Voicing a negative opinion is fine, continually doing so on the same game is basically just trolling."
    - Michael Bitton
    Community Manager, MMORPG.com

"As an online discussion about Star Citizen grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Derek Smart approaches 1" - MrSnuffles's law

"I am jumping in here a bit without knowing exactly what you all or talking about." 
    - SEANMCAD

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
  • Froggie85Froggie85 Member UncommonPosts: 221
    Originally posted by reneco11

I have a lvl 50 who only has the first level of good armor that you get from doing those crazy quests. I left the game because when I was trying to get the last good armor from doing those crazy quests, everyone would leave because 1 or 2 of us had the weaker armor. Is there another way to get the end level good armor with out the crazy quests.  I have been away for awhile and was wondering about joining again.

Will my char. qualify for the new expansion with the weaker armor?

HUNTS !!

Get seals and buy gear !! Easy !! My buddy did it and he is pretty decently geared and it only took him 2 days of NOT grinding lol.

Bad info is bad

It'll take you probably more than a month and the tokens are Soldiery capped at 2000 and the top one is poetic capped at 900.

There's no grind... the grind is in the way you play. If you choose to grind than have at it, but the games offer many avenue of xp gain.

Thank You dude. The guy above has all his facts wrong lol.

Originally posted by MrSnuffles

Bad info is bad

Yupp, no grind, you just be doing the same dungeons over and over again for tokens for a couple of months. Diversifying is not really possible because there are only a few Duty Finder Roulette tasks that give you the tokens and only once a day. So get ready for a new job: Do the same dungeons every day, religiously until you cap for the week.

Allied seals can buy you end game gear. It's called HUNTS dude, and trust me, hunts are NOT a grind.