Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is this the slowest web site you frequent?

MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531

Half the time I visit this site or click a link here, I get that little damned, spinning icon and the message "waiting for mmorpg.com."  I visit about 10 websites daily, and none of them are anywhere near as slow as this one.  Do you guys experience this, too?

Since this is the Site Suggestions forum, I'll make a suggestion to the team:  Update your server architecture, or whatever it is, to a standard acceptable for one of the top MMO gaming sites on the web.  You should be embarrassed.

Comments

• DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    Yes, quite a bit slower than usual.

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222

It is.  They have been creating a new site for a very long time.  It's been so long, I'm not sure it is ever going to happen.

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363

from another post ......wondering if soo many things on the backgrond slow the whole website navigation....

• damond5031damond5031 Member UncommonPosts: 445
    Sometimes the site works ok and other times it wont load at all. 
  • LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327

It is a classic case of your convenience being sacrificed for the almighty dollar.  The situation will only change  when the money flow begins to dissipate.  In other words, stop clicking.

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

10 seconds to respond isn't unusual.  Sometimes it hangs trying to load ads.

It's not the worst.  Those are usually electronics manufacturers with sites hosted in China.  But it's a close second.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • HowbadisbadHowbadisbad Member UncommonPosts: 453

Easily in the top 3 slowest

Waiting for:
    The Repopulation
    Albion Online

• LudwikLudwik Member UncommonPosts: 407
    I wish I could screenshot with a phone. My screen looks like:

---------------------------

Ad

Ad

Actual
    _ Content

Like 80% of my screen is ads.
  • Sassy_Gay_UnicornSassy_Gay_Unicorn Member UncommonPosts: 316
    Yes, it probably is. Having said that, is a minor annoyance really. It's not like 56K baud bad. 
  • grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    Yes.  It's awful.
  • SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107
    Yes, the loading times on this website are awful.
  • ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Originally posted by Ludwik
    I wish I could screenshot with a phone. My screen looks like:

Ad

Ad

Actual
    _ Content

Like 80% of my screen is ads.

Most smartphone's can make screenshots. 

On mine which is android it's either a full finger swap top to bottom on my screen (think you can adjust this in settings) or middle down button en right side button pressing at the same time.

I know Iphone has it aswell but I am unknown in how to.

Anyway some for me like damond5031. Sometimes it works great sometimes it very slow. Often weekend it seems allot slower so it has to do with it's traffic aswell I asume....

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

The gazillion trackers and ad networks probably don't help :p

A homepage should load fast. This website kind of reminds me of SWG engine and its spaghetti code. It seems very bloated, so I am looking forward to the new website.