Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF Game (or course why else would I post here)

DeadlobsterDeadlobster Member UncommonPosts: 126

any games out there where I can start and will be able to compete in end of game pvp. would love to play aoc but it's soooooo heavily gear orientated. played AA recently but with all the exploits that have gone on some people will completely dominate with way better gear.

sandbox or theme....

Comments

• FuryVFuryV Member UncommonPosts: 515
    GW2.
  • HowbadisbadHowbadisbad Member UncommonPosts: 453

Almost every MMO has 'end game PVP'

You should really be more specific

Waiting for:
    The Repopulation
    Albion Online

Originally posted by Howbadisbad

He was specific.  He doesn't want it to be heavily gear oriented, which is why I recommended GW2.  Everybody is on an even level.

• Righteous_RockRighteous_Rock Member RarePosts: 1,234
    I highly recommend practicing the art of wall starring, a white wall is the best because there are shadows in the wall that you don't normally notice until you stare at it for about 20 minutes. Those shadows can form magnificent pieces of art that only you can see.
    Originally posted by Righteous_Rock
    I highly recommend practicing the art of wall starring, a white wall is the best because there are shadows in the wall that you don't normally notice until you stare at it for about 20 minutes. Those shadows can form magnificent pieces of art that only you can see.

Best reply ever xD

• Overlord_NeizirOverlord_Neizir Member UncommonPosts: 136
    ESO and GW2.
  • DeadlobsterDeadlobster Member UncommonPosts: 126

I tried the wall staring after the computer screen staring. It  wasn't for me. 

Was thinking about GW2 since I never played to end game in it. New level cap coming might mean higher tier gear etc.

ESO ...... just couldnt get into it.

• rertezrertez Member UncommonPosts: 230
    Originally posted by Deadlobster

Was thinking about GW2 since I never played to end game in it. New level cap coming might mean higher tier gear etc.

There will be no new level cap in GW2 and there is no end game exclusive PvP tier for level 80s since everyone is at the same level in PvP except for WvW where gear, unlocked trait points and WvW rank gains make a difference. The learning curve in sPvP is pretty steep though. You can spend all your time from the start in "end game" PvP instead of farming PvE to gain access to PvP and you can also set your reward tracks to define the kind of loot you want to receive from PvP.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

This would explain why almost every game is crap.There is such an easy rush to end game levels with no other focus or gaming quality that devs are just saying "here you hit max level,we have flagged you for pvp" pfftt.These games should put a flag up .."Look at how much work we put into this game,we are able to flag players for pvp...lol".

If you feel the NEED to play these shallow games,i would say look for one that has pvp intervals,it is more likely to be a fair pvp fight than end game where some players may already be loaded with superior gear.There are a few out there,i know Aeria has 1-2 games that have pvp at intervals like 15/30/50 or something like that.I have seen them out there,i just don't remeber the names of them all because imo ANY game that pretends to be a rpg,will have crap pvp,not worth my time.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Originally posted by rertez
    Originally posted by Deadlobster

There will be no new level cap in GW2 and there is no end game exclusive PvP tier for level 80s since everyone is at the same level in PvP except for WvW where gear, unlocked trait points and WvW rank gains make a difference. The learning curve in sPvP is pretty steep though. You can spend all your time from the start in "end game" PvP instead of farming PvE to gain access to PvP and you can also set your reward tracks to define the kind of loot you want to receive from PvP.

better still. I'd love to play conan: aoc again but the pvp is awful. Fellas a few levels ahead can face roll lower pvp levels. I don't mind better pvp gear but it should always be reasonale for people joining a game later.

Originally posted by Wizardry

This would explain why almost every game is crap.There is such an easy rush to end game levels with no other focus or gaming quality that devs are just saying "here you hit max level,we have flagged you for pvp" pfftt.These games should put a flag up .."Look at how much work we put into this game,we are able to flag players for pvp...lol".

If you feel the NEED to play these shallow games,i would say look for one that has pvp intervals,it is more likely to be a fair pvp fight than end game where some players may already be loaded with superior gear.There are a few out there,i know Aeria has 1-2 games that have pvp at intervals like 15/30/50 or something like that.I have seen them out there,i just don't remeber the names of them all because imo ANY game that pretends to be a rpg,will have crap pvp,not worth my time.

I'm not looking for pure pvp :) Ideally if the repopluation was finished I would play it. Good sandbox features with pvp/pve. I'm neither a die hard of pvp or pve. Very much down the middle. I like the battlefields/arenas but ones where you stand a chance and can enjoy yourself. Not looking for an easy level cap game.

Whatever people say about Wow, it had, for me, the best mid-level play. Lots of dungeons you wanted to go into as you leveled for gear and such. Fond memories of the blackrock dungeon, the undead and the werewolf one.