Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Banned, But innocent

Comments

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by LacedOpium

Originally posted by Nitth  

Originally posted by Selzyr

Originally posted by Sovrath

Originally posted by Dullahan I recommend calling them.  You may get support eventually via email, but I find waiting around on the phone for customer support to still be the best way to get anything done.
      I'm in Australia, calling them is not really an option.
    I can't see a phone number that you even could call.    Regardless of where you are, calling (had their been a phone number) could always be an option. You just get up in the middle of the night and call. However, I looked and can't find one. As always, could someone have gotten into your account, do you account share? Even if it's with your brother?
      Nope, I'm the only operator / user of the computer, Don't have any gaming friends in RL. Computer is well maintained against malware, spyrware, viruses as i work/study in I.T
    oh boy...
      What, what is the problem?
        normally I would call a kid that used a hack one time or another(or multiple times) "script kids", those kind of people that can't use hacks or create them without a guide and once they get caught they complain on forums, or the place they got the said hack regarding it. tho for a person that works on the I.T area, getting banned over cheating....says much.
      wtf? just because i use a computer for work/study doesn't mean i'm a hacker or a cheater. The reason i'm so fucking insistent is because I Didn't cheat, they would see that if they checked the logs. it is WRONG for a company to terminate an account under false evidence especially when i have been making purchases well over 2 years.

Here's the thing Nitth.  I am not going to call you a hacker or a cheater.  After all, I only know what you have told us, which is not much.  I will say this though.  Being in IT, I am of the opinion that at best, you may not know exactly why you were banned, but you do have an idea.  You may have stretched your game play a little here and there thinking it would not be a problem.  It turns out that it was.  Now you just want to know which of those "stretches" you were caught at.  we've all been there.  You did a little something, you just don't think it was enough to merit a ban, but you have an idea.  You just want to know what it was, but they will not tell you, because if they tell you, you won't do that one again.  They might just be one step ahead of you, my friend.  If you were a novice, you might be given the benefit of the doubt of not having a clue.  Being in IT, you have a clue.  You just want to know what they know.  They won't give you the satisfaction.

There was no stretching at all... My character was "Nitth" if you can, go look up my Kills/Death for last week. i would probably get 30 kills over a 4-5 hours period while probably dying at a 3:1 ratio. serious.

All i do is Start up launchpad -> Shoot people for hours -> log off.

Thats it.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• mbrodiembrodie Member RarePosts: 1,504
    Originally posted by LacedOpium

Originally posted by Sovrath

Originally posted by Dullahan I recommend calling them.  You may get support eventually via email, but I find waiting around on the phone for customer support to still be the best way to get anything done.
    I can't see a phone number that you even could call.    Regardless of where you are, calling (had their been a phone number) could always be an option. You just get up in the middle of the night and call. However, I looked and can't find one. As always, could someone have gotten into your account, do you account share? Even if it's with your brother?
      Nope, I'm the only operator / user of the computer, Don't have any gaming friends in RL. Computer is well maintained against malware, spyrware, viruses as i work/study in I.T
    oh boy...

normally I would call a kid that used a hack one time or another(or multiple times) "script kids", those kind of people that can't use hacks or create them without a guide and once they get caught they complain on forums, or the place they got the said hack regarding it.

tho for a person that works on the I.T area, getting banned over cheating....says much.

wtf? just because i use a computer for work/study doesn't mean i'm a hacker or a cheater.

The reason i'm so fucking insistent is because I Didn't cheat, they would see that if they checked the logs. it is WRONG for a company to terminate an account under false evidence especially when i have been making purchases well over 2 years.

Here's the thing Nitth.  I am not going to call you a hacker or a cheater.  After all, I only know what you have told us, which is not much.  I will say this though.  Being in IT, I am of the opinion that at best, you may not know exactly why you were banned, but you do have an idea.  You may have stretched your game play a little here and there thinking it would not be a problem.  It turns out that it was.  Now you just want to know which of those "stretches" you were caught at.  we've all been there.  You did a little something, you just don't think it was enough to merit a ban, but you have an idea.  You just want to know what it was, but they will not tell you, because if they tell you, you won't do that one again.  They might just be one step ahead of you, my friend.  If you were a novice, you might be given the benefit of the doubt of not having a clue.  Being in IT, you have a clue.  You just want to know what they know.  They won't give you the satisfaction.

yeah i'm inclined to agree with this +1 on your behalf, very diplomatic!

i think your best bet at this point is to make a new account, much like all the people who were recently banned from WoW some with 10 year old accounts who have probably spent thousands of dollars over the years... difference being they only got 6 month suspensions.. but regardless, they arent going to tell you so either move on start again

• Quizar1973Quizar1973 Member UncommonPosts: 251
    Yea I agree with Opium, I work in IT also and you have got to have some kind of Idea why you were banned...Im sure you havnt been a perfect angel while gaming especially if your in IT and have a better knowledge on hot to Exploit and cheat..If you dont have any idea why they banned you then you must really suck at your IT job...
    No one shall Rent space in my head!!!!!  B)
    Originally posted by Quizar1973
    Yea I agree with Opium, I work in IT also and you have got to have some kind of Idea why you were banned...Im sure you havnt been a perfect angel while gaming especially if your in IT and have a better knowledge on how to Exploit and cheat..If you dont have any idea why they banned you then you must really suck at your IT job...

Originally posted by mbrodie
    Originally posted by LacedOpium Originally posted by Nitth   Originally posted by Selzyr Originally posted by Nitth   Originally posted by Selzyr Originally posted by Nitth   Originally posted by Sovrath Originally posted by Nitth   Originally posted by Dullahan I recommend calling them.  You may get support eventually via email, but I find waiting around on the phone for customer support to still be the best way to get anything done.
    oh boy...
        normally I would call a kid that used a hack one time or another(or multiple times) "script kids", those kind of people that can't use hacks or create them without a guide and once they get caught they complain on forums, or the place they got the said hack regarding it. tho for a person that works on the I.T area, getting banned over cheating....says much.
      wtf? just because i use a computer for work/study doesn't mean i'm a hacker or a cheater. The reason i'm so fucking insistent is because I Didn't cheat, they would see that if they checked the logs. it is WRONG for a company to terminate an account under false evidence especially when i have been making purchases well over 2 years.
    yeah i'm inclined to agree with this +1 on your behalf, very diplomatic!

i think your best bet at this point is to make a new account, much like all the people who were recently banned from WoW some with 10 year old accounts who have probably spent thousands of dollars over the years... difference being they only got 6 month suspensions.. but regardless, they arent going to tell you so either move on start again

If i were to cheat why the fuck would i go out my way to buy different weapons when i could potentially find something that would instant kill with a pistol?

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

Yea I agree with Opium, I work in IT also and you have got to have some kind of Idea why you were banned...Im sure you havnt been a perfect angel while gaming especially if your in IT and have a better knowledge on hot to Exploit and cheat..If you dont have any idea why they banned you then you must really suck at your IT job...

The ONLY thing i can think of is that because I'm from Australia i get humungous Desync resulting in me looking like i war around like a speed hacker. Someone probably videoed that and sent that to daybreak thinking that im a cheater.

Now like i said, if they check the logs and see im rocking 300-500ms latency and crosscheck that with server validation to determine that something is wrong.

The ONLY thing i can think of is that because I'm from Australia i get humungous Desync resulting in me looking like i war around like a speed hacker.

Now like i said, if they check the logs and see im rocking 300-500ms latency that could probably determine that something is wrong client side.

i mean, i'm in Australia and i haven't been banned from PS2, mind you i havent actually exploited in it either.. not to say i havent at all, i have in other games... but hey, my account is fine.

Originally posted by mbrodie
    Originally posted by Nitth   Originally posted by Quizar1973 Yea I agree with Opium, I work in IT also and you have got to have some kind of Idea why you were banned...Im sure you havnt been a perfect angel while gaming especially if your in IT and have a better knowledge on hot to Exploit and cheat..If you dont have any idea why they banned you then you must really suck at your IT job...
      The ONLY thing i can think of is that because I'm from Australia i get humungous Desync resulting in me looking like i war around like a speed hacker. Now like i said, if they check the logs and see im rocking 300-500ms latency that could probably determine that something is wrong client side.  
    i mean, i'm in Australia and i haven't been banned from PS2, mind you i havent actually exploited in it either.. not to say i havent at all, i have in other games... but hey, my account is fine.

My account was fine for years prior, One day you may be in this situation.

The ONLY thing i can think of is that because I'm from Australia i get humungous Desync resulting in me looking like i war around like a speed hacker.

Now like i said, if they check the logs and see im rocking 300-500ms latency that could probably crosscheck that with server validation to determine that something is wrong.

Dude...I play with alot of people from Australia and they dont have no Desync at all and they walk around normally. So comon man..Tell the truth you used a Speed Hack didnt ya...The truth is almost comin out..Just fess up bro...lol

Originally posted by Quizar1973 Yea I agree with Opium, I work in IT also and you have got to have some kind of Idea why you were banned...Im sure you havnt been a perfect angel while gaming especially if your in IT and have a better knowledge on hot to Exploit and cheat..If you dont have any idea why they banned you then you must really suck at your IT job...
      The ONLY thing i can think of is that because I'm from Australia i get humungous Desync resulting in me looking like i war around like a speed hacker. Now like i said, if they check the logs and see im rocking 300-500ms latency that could probably crosscheck that with server validation to determine that something is wrong.  
    Dude...I play with alot of people from Australia and they dont have no Desync at all and they walk around normally. So comon man..Tell the truth you used a Speed Hack didnt ya...The truth is almost comin out..Just fess up bro...lol

That was just my guess, Ive seen some weird shit happen with lag spikes in ps2, people walking into the distance through the air ect ect.

If they wanted any information, any information at all i would not hesitate to comply because i had done nothing wrong.

If i cheated i wouldn't have any trouble owning up to it, because: whats the consequence?
    And if i wanted to: why not do it on another throw-away account?

• SelzyrSelzyr Member UncommonPosts: 60

Originally posted by Quizar1973 Yea I agree with Opium, I work in IT also and you have got to have some kind of Idea why you were banned...Im sure you havnt been a perfect angel while gaming especially if your in IT and have a better knowledge on hot to Exploit and cheat..If you dont have any idea why they banned you then you must really suck at your IT job...
      The ONLY thing i can think of is that because I'm from Australia i get humungous Desync resulting in me looking like i war around like a speed hacker. Now like i said, if they check the logs and see im rocking 300-500ms latency that could probably crosscheck that with server validation to determine that something is wrong.  

That was just my guess, Ive seen some weird shit happen with lag spikes in ps2, people walking into the distance through the air ect ect.

If they wanted any information, any information at all i would not hesitate to comply because i had done nothing wrong.

If i cheated i wouldn't have any trouble owning up to it, because: whats the consequence?
    And if i wanted to: why not do it on another throw-away account?

consequences of getting banned and losing an account that you said you spent money on?

one thing to note, not only to you, if it was really the case of desync or lag in general, you wouldn't play, ever, a first person shooter.

Know why I say that? I was one of the most hardcore players of Unreal Tournament, and what annoyed me the most was lag, if my internet was derpy whenever I was playing and I couldn't play properly, I would simply turn off the game or play SP(or play another game, aww Diablo II was so wonderfull on those times....)

you didn't do it, you keept playing, yer either really stupid, or there's something here that you aren't telling us/anyone.

but in the end, we really don't care/wont care, it was your account that got banned, not ours, so....

move on?

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. And the more you know Insanity, is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. But I can tell you that only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Originally posted by Nitth   Originally posted by Quizar1973 Originally posted by Nitth   Originally posted by Quizar1973 Yea I agree with Opium, I work in IT also and you have got to have some kind of Idea why you were banned...Im sure you havnt been a perfect angel while gaming especially if your in IT and have a better knowledge on hot to Exploit and cheat..If you dont have any idea why they banned you then you must really suck at your IT job...
      That was just my guess, Ive seen some weird shit happen with lag spikes in ps2, people walking into the distance through the air ect ect. If they wanted any information, any information at all i would not hesitate to comply because i had done nothing wrong. If i cheated i wouldn't have any trouble owning up to it, because: whats the consequence? And if i wanted to: why not do it on another throw-away account?  

you didn't do it, you keept playing, yer either really stupid, or there's something here that you aren't telling us/anyone.

There is ALWAYS 200-300ms lag From Australia for any game, no matter where you are in Australia connecting to a US based server which is basically the majority of popular games.

It's something we accept and deal with.

That was just my guess, Ive seen some weird shit happen with lag spikes in ps2, people walking into the distance through the air ect ect. If they wanted any information, any information at all i would not hesitate to comply because i had done nothing wrong. If i cheated i wouldn't have any trouble owning up to it, because: whats the consequence? And if i wanted to: why not do it on another throw-away account?  

There is ALWAYS 200-300ms lag From Australia for any game, no matter where you are in Australia connecting to a US based server which is basically the majority of popular games.

I know a few players from Australia that got a Better connection then I do, and I live in the UK, wth are you talking about here?

200/300ms? pfft you do know that's a load of bullshit right? most of the ppl I know like I stated before, got a better connection then I do, and I got around max 70ms at times, so, figures they got around 30ms to 60ms.

you said your work on I.T now I'm stating to doubt you got banned due to knowing to much, but the other way around.

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. And the more you know Insanity, is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. But I can tell you that only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
  • LoccozChrisLoccozChris Member UncommonPosts: 7

You were either ESP, Aimbot, or clipping through terrain and killing.  It could even be you got through terrain on accident and then started to kill from under it.  Even if you find a terrain bug and exploit it its considered cheating.

As someone who is damn good player in planetside I have been reported for killing 12 people on a point solo before and many other times.  It use to be a daily occurance at some points and nothing has ever happened to me.  So I HONESTLY doubt the guys at PS2 are making a mistake with you. 

As for your ping, over the last 5 months my ISP has been going digital, my 35MB DL line has gone to 0.2 with 2k ping, and I wasn't reported when it happened durring PS2.  The way planetside 2 works, even with a high ping you don't necessarily "warp" around other people's screen.  Many times I see high ping people just standing still and easy kills thanks to client side hit detection.

You did something bad, they caught you, deal with it.

There is ALWAYS 200-300ms lag From Australia for any game, no matter where you are in Australia connecting to a US based server which is basically the majority of popular games. It's something we accept and deal with.

I know a few players from Australia that got a Better connection then I do, and I live in the UK, wth are you talking about here?

200/300ms? pfft you do know that's a load of bullshit right? most of the ppl I know like I stated before, got a better connection then I do, and I got around max 70ms at times, so, figures they got around 30ms to 60ms.

you said your work on I.T now I'm stating to doubt you got banned due to knowing to much, but the other way around.

You should go look up the statistics. Even with the fastest node route Australia - > US is 200ms. Even by pure geography.

Planetside 2 Australian based servers are around 50 > 100ms.

Originally posted by LoccozChris
    You were either ESP, Aimbot, or clipping through terrain and killing.  It could even be you got through terrain on accident and then started to kill from under it.  Even if you find a terrain bug and exploit it its considered cheating.As someone who is damn good player in planetside I have been reported for killing 12 people on a point solo before and many other times.  It use to be a daily occurance at some points and nothing has ever happened to me.  So I HONESTLY doubt the guys at PS2 are making a mistake with you. As for your ping, over the last 5 months my ISP has been going digital, my 35MB DL line has gone to 0.2 with 2k ping, and I wasn't reported when it happened durring PS2.  The way planetside 2 works, even with a high ping you don't necessarily "warp" around other people's screen.  Many times I see high ping people just standing still and easy kills thanks to client side hit detection.You did something bad, they caught you, deal with it.

I assure you sir i did not do something bad. However:

It could even be you got through terrain on accident and then started to kill from under it.

I would agree that could be plausible that i was in a position like that and not realize it.

well see thats not always the case  - Most west coast hosted servers i get around 165 - 180 and games that are located in like texas i get around 190 - 220... very rarely do i come across game servers where i'm hitting 300, i think i had that once in FFXIV with their servers being hosted in canada, but i fixed that by relocating servers.

• LoccozChrisLoccozChris Member UncommonPosts: 7
    So you got in a position and didn't realize that the people you were shooting couldn't shoot you back, or even see you???  That i rightfully cheating and a ban is warrented if you got under terrain and started killing people who couldn't hit or see you back.  If it was an "accident" you would have noticed it right away.
  • skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,180

There is ALWAYS 200-300ms lag From Australia for any game, no matter where you are in Australia connecting to a US based server which is basically the majority of popular games. It's something we accept and deal with.

You should go look up the statistics. Even with the fastest node route Australia - > US is 200ms. Even by pure geography.

Planetside 2 Australian based servers are around 50 > 100ms.

http://www.verizonenterprise.com/about/network/latency/

http://shaun.net/posts/2012/07/amazon-ec2-speed-and-latency-from-au

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/955528

3 articles that show me that that's just not true.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

Originally posted by LoccozChris
    So you got in a position and didn't realize that the people you were shooting couldn't shoot you back, or even see you???  That i rightfully cheating and a ban is warrented if you got under terrain and started killing people who couldn't hit or see you back.  If it was an "accident" you would have noticed it right away.

No, I assure you i die a fucking lot. and i really don't get more than 3 kills in a streak.

I was saying it was plausible that i was semi clipping terrain and such and not realizing
    but in the heat of those huge battle it might not of been possible for people to hit me because of it. don't know.

Regardless, i cannot recall any situation in the last week were i would remotely be in that situation.

well...that wasn't easy....

now that we figure out that the OP was being stupid for not letting all the info out, we can get back to our lives.

and OP, one thing, when you do, or not, something wrong, don't come and post it on the mmorpg forums, only makes you look like a fool.

well...that wasn't easy....

now that we figure out that the OP was being stupid for not letting all the info out, we can get back to our lives.

and OP, one thing, when you do, or not, something wrong, don't come and post it on the mmorpg forums, only makes you look like a fool.

what the fuck are you talking about? i just said that might of been a possibility or at least a possibility i was not aware of.

no ware did i fucking say "that is what happened" nothing happen because:

I DID NOT FUCKING CHEAT.

• craftseekercraftseeker Member RarePosts: 1,740

Oh dear, now I have no idea whether or not  Nith did anything wrong. But lets tackle some lies and misconceptions.

1.  Australians never get 30ms to 60ms connections to the US. Why?  Physics, the speed of light. (yes the distance is that great).   300ms is typical, best case is around 170ms and is not that common.
    2. Any telephone call to the US is going to cost $0.21 per minute unless you are on a plan that adds $15 a month to your telephone bill.  So a one hour wait to talk to someone in the US could cost you $13.
    3. SOE/DBG support is abysmal if you are an Australian customer (it used to be OK but for a while now you can hear their eyes glaze over as they work out how to get you off the line).
    Oh and if you do not believe those ping times they are widely reported on the internet, check them out and stop stating they are BS when you are full of it yourself.
    Originally posted by craftseeker

Oh dear, now I have no idea whether or not  Nith did anything wrong. But lets tackle some lies and misconceptions.

1.  Australians never get 30ms to 60ms connections to the US. Why?  Physics, the speed of light. (yes the distance is that great).   300ms is typical, best case is around 170ms and is not that common.
    2. Any telephone call to the US is going to cost $0.21 per minute unless you are on a plan that adds $15 a month to your telephone bill.  So a one hour wait to talk to someone in the US could cost you $13.
    3. SOE/DBG support is abysmal if you are an Australian customer (it used to be OK but for a while now you can hear their eyes glaze over as they work out how to get you off the line).
    Oh and if you do not believe those ping times they are widely reported on the internet, check them out and stop stating they are BS when you are full of it yourself.

OK as i said just before I am also Australian

1 - 300ms is not typical in any situation, as i stated the 1 time i've had 300ms was on a canadian server in FFXIV which was easy enough to fix. Generally with MMO games i've found they're hosted

West Coast - Max 190ms and thats pushing it, on average between 160 - 180

Texas (ESO and a couple of others) - around 220ms max, basically never around 300ms

Originally posted by craftseeker

again, I live in the UK, enough for me to have ppl from Australia having a better connection then I do towards a server being hosted in the US and earing them braggin they got 45ms to 60ms when I was having 70ms to 100ms.

regardless your the badass over here, so here, have a cookie.