Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Questions about buying the game

x3cutoRx3cutoR Member UncommonPosts: 37

Hello there!

I'm planning to buy the game but I heard there's an expansion comming out in June. So my question is, do I need to buy the expansion alongside with the game in order do play the game or I can just buy the game without the expansion and play it to the point where the expansion is not needed? I'm asking this because I'm not able to buy both the game and the expansion  since my salary isn't that high. You know, got a lot of bills to pay :P

I hope you understand what I'm asking, since my English isn't that good. 

Cheers :)

Comments

• venatisvenatis Member UncommonPosts: 42

No, you only need to buy Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn if you want to play the game. The expansion is not needed to play the content already available. You will need to buy Heavensward if you wish to play the new content though.

You can buy the FFXIV bundle, which includes both the base game and the expansion, but it doesn't come out until June 23rd, so it's up to you if you want to wait for that. 

• x3cutoRx3cutoR Member UncommonPosts: 37
    Originally posted by venatis

No, you only need to buy Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn if you want to play the game. The expansion is not needed to play the content already available. You will need to buy Heavensward if you wish to play the new content though.

You can buy the FFXIV bundle, which includes both the base game and the expansion, but it doesn't come out until June 23rd, so it's up to you if you want to wait for that. 

That's what I wanted to read :P

I don't think I'll have the money for the bundle, so I'll go with the game alone. Anyway, thanks for the fast reply :)

• LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327

Be advised, FFXIV is a P2P sub-based game.