Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Banned, But innocent

NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

So i woke up this morning to find that my daybreak account has been banned for "cheating".
The email did not go on to say which game this occurred in or the circumstances surround it, but i can summarize that it would be Planetside 2 because that is the only daybreak game that i have been playing this week.

This is a notification from Daybreak Game Company.

We regret to inform you that the account name:_________ has been terminated due to a Community Standards violation. After reviewing our records, one of the characters on this account was found to have committed the following violations:

Cheating

We do not take situations like this lightly and have ultimately made the decision to close this account. If you have questions or concerns about this incident, please contact our customer service team at our help site; one of our support staff will be able to assist you. Other contact options can be found via this link:

Thank you for your consideration,

Daybreak Game Company
Customer Service Department

Now, I know what your all thinking: hes been cheating and trying to get out of it this isn't that case.

The only thing i can think of is that my latency (from Australia) makes me appear somewhat weird to surrounding players.

Anyways, Submitted a ticket which pretty much assumes you guilty of cheating and asks for a "cheaters form" which requires you "beg" for your account back. wtf.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Please be as honest and detailed as you can in your response as we will be using that information to make final determination as to your account status. For your ban to be appealed we will need detailed information about what could have caused these flags and differentiates your play sessions from the thousands of others.

Ban Appeal Form

- Banned Station Name:

- Have you ever been banned in one of our games before?:

- Server Name:

- Character Name:

- Date of Offense:

- 3rd party program used:

- Please give your side of the story:

- Ban Appeal - Why do you feel the ban should be lifted?

I have no idea how long it will take to get this resolved but somewhat annoyed that there really isn't anything i can do to prove my innocence...

Anyone been in this situation with SOE/Daybreak?

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

Comments

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Got a response this morning:

Greetings _______,

Your account was caught cheating in PlanetSide 2 - due to this, the account has been terminated.
    I cannot provide you information on the specifics as this could potentially tell you how to circumvent detection in the future, suffice to say that the evidence we have is more than enough to leave the account permanently banned.

Thank you for your time.

PlanetSide 2 Enforcement Department
    Disciplinary Action Division

[PS2] Code of Conduct: https://help.daybreakgames.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/33614

I requested to be elevated to a senior member of staff but this doesnt look good..

Does anyone provide any options for proving my innocence here?

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• SelzyrSelzyr Member UncommonPosts: 60

isn't PlanetSide 2 one of the games that the community is 95% hackers?

, _.' well sucks to be you I guess, if you got banned was for a reason.

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. And the more you know Insanity, is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. But I can tell you that only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
  • DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    I recommend calling them.  You may get support eventually via email, but I find waiting around on the phone for customer support to still be the best way to get anything done.

Originally posted by Selzyr

I know how this always sounds but im innocent.

Seriously fucking frustrated, they wont even give specifics on the cheat accusations.
    Ive told them to look into the logs and client metrics to my account because i have nothing to hide, Hell i die more than i kill in my character statistics so i must be the worst fucking cheater ever!

Originally posted by Dullahan
    I recommend calling them.  You may get support eventually via email, but I find waiting around on the phone for customer support to still be the best way to get anything done.

I'm in Australia, calling them is not really an option.

Originally posted by Nitth

Don't you guys have landline/cell phone plans with free long distance? ;p

Originally posted by Nitth   Originally posted by Dullahan I recommend calling them.  You may get support eventually via email, but I find waiting around on the phone for customer support to still be the best way to get anything done.
    Don't you guys have landline/cell phone plans with free long distance? ;p

Maybe i should tweet john smedly directly...

• HowbadisbadHowbadisbad Member UncommonPosts: 453

They don't go into detail about cheating bans because that would help the people who make the cheats in the long run by letting them know what triggered the detection.

Waiting for:
    The Repopulation
    Albion Online

I know how this always sounds but im innocent.

Seriously fucking frustrated, they wont even give specifics on the cheat accusations.
    Ive told them to look into the logs and client metrics to my account because i have nothing to hide, Hell i die more than i kill in my character statistics so i must be the worst fucking cheater ever!

don't take me wrong there, but whenever I see a post like this, I'm almost 99% sure the person is lying, either used a hack/cheat to get around one time or another and then forgot about it or simply decided to play the role of "innocent" to get out of it.

Hackers/Cheaters is what online games got more nowadays, look at the situation with WoW, having a full Battleground with players using a "bot" to do their work and being the only player actually playing it on it?

or the currently existing problems with ArcheAge, no matter how much Trion paints it, hackers is what the game is full off currently.

and even older games are riddled with them, sadly to say but the currently communitys of mmorpgs, on my point of view are people that can't wait, thus resort to this kind of methods, some companies don't do a thing, others act from time to time, but its always cool(to me) to see another of that same fray of idiots getting banned.

again, even if you fall into that meager 1% that doesn't do it, you don't have any way of proving it, we don't have to believe in you either that you didn't do it(since yea, normally those that yap to much on forums "I DIDN'T DO IT!" are the first ones to resort to those methods...) nor we should care/give a damm, since you wouldn't give a damm either if we got banned on any online game we play.

make a new account, move on.

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. And the more you know Insanity, is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. But I can tell you that only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Originally posted by Howbadisbad
    They don't go into detail about cheating bans because that would help the people who make the cheats in the long run by letting them know what triggered the detection.

Its ridiculous tho, they have to give me some information other than pointing the finger.

I don't know which character at what time or what type of 'evidence' they actually have.

Originally posted by Nitth   Originally posted by Selzyr isn't PlanetSide 2 one of the games that the community is 95% hackers?     , _.' well sucks to be you I guess, if you got banned was for a reason.
      I know how this always sounds but im innocent. Seriously fucking frustrated, they wont even give specifics on the cheat accusations. Ive told them to look into the logs and client metrics to my account because i have nothing to hide, Hell i die more than i kill in my character statistics so i must be the worst fucking cheater ever!

don't take me wrong there, but whenever I see a post like this, I'm almost 99% sure the person is lying, either used a hack/cheat to get around one time or another and then forgot about it or simply decided to play the role of "innocent" to get out of it.

Hackers/Cheaters is what online games got more nowadays, look at the situation with WoW, having a full Battleground with players using a "bot" to do their work and being the only player actually playing it on it?

or the currently existing problems with ArcheAge, no matter how much Trion paints it, hackers is what the game is full off currently.

and even older games are riddled with them, sadly to say but the currently communitys of mmorpgs, on my point of view are people that can't wait, thus resort to this kind of methods, some companies don't do a thing, others act from time to time, but its always cool(to me) to see another of that same fray of idiots getting banned.

again, even if you fall into that meager 1% that doesn't do it, you don't have any way of proving it, we don't have to believe in you either that you didn't do it(since yea, normally those that yap to much on forums "I DIDN'T DO IT!" are the first ones to resort to those methods...) nor we should care/give a damm, since you wouldn't give a damm either if we got banned on any online game we play.

I agree completely, if i came to the forums and saw this i would make the same conclusion.

The trouble is, I have spent money on this account not just for planetside 2, but i believe my Landmark, eq1, and eq2 counts are both taken out.

So its infuriating that i cant get a proper investigation, like one that isnt, "oh its plausible hes cheating, we better not check any logs or anything to see if it could be something else"

With any other company, I'd usually agree.  However, with Dey Break games, I'm 99% sure something is broken with their hack detection.

Originally posted by Selzyr isn't PlanetSide 2 one of the games that the community is 95% hackers?     , _.' well sucks to be you I guess, if you got banned was for a reason.
      I know how this always sounds but im innocent. Seriously fucking frustrated, they wont even give specifics on the cheat accusations. Ive told them to look into the logs and client metrics to my account because i have nothing to hide, Hell i die more than i kill in my character statistics so i must be the worst fucking cheater ever!

I agree completely, if i came to the forums and saw this i would make the same conclusion.

The trouble is, I have spent money on this account not just for planetside 2, but i believe my Landmark, eq1, and eq2 counts are both taken out.

So its infuriating that i cant get a proper investigation, like one that isnt, "oh its plausible hes cheating, we better not check any logs or anything to see if it could be something else"

the quoting system on this forums is so bad...

truth that may be, doesn't invalidate what I said earlier, "the more they yap, the more they are at fault."

Mail them, try to solve the issue, posting here wont do/solve anything, and makes you look more like a person at fault then anything else.

With any other company, I'd usually agree.  However, with Dey Break games, I'm 99% sure something is broken with their hack detection.

there's worst companies out there trust me, some of them that can't even detect hacks.

Daybreak is no different then SOE with a different name, crap is the same,  smell is different.

• LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327

Tbh, they really don't care to hear your explanation.  When gaming companies ban a player, especially one who is a paying customer, they are pretty much sure the player is cheating before they ban the player.  No business wants to lose a paying customer after all.  It therefore reasons that they would take every precaution before losing that customer.  Now, it is understood that there is always that 1% exception, but that's exactly it, it is so rare that its not even worth revisiting.  Here's another nugget for you though.  Keep at it.  They generally want to keep that paying customer.  They just want to teach you a lesson by putting a little hurt on you before eventually reinstating you. 

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003

I can't see a phone number that you even could call. 

Regardless of where you are, calling (had their been a phone number) could always be an option. You just get up in the middle of the night and call.

However, I looked and can't find one.

As always, could someone have gotten into your account, do you account share? Even if it's with your brother?

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 

Originally posted by Sovrath
    Originally posted by Nitth   Originally posted by Dullahan I recommend calling them.  You may get support eventually via email, but I find waiting around on the phone for customer support to still be the best way to get anything done.

Regardless of where you are, calling (had their been a phone number) could always be an option. You just get up in the middle of the night and call.

As always, could someone have gotten into your account, do you account share? Even if it's with your brother?

Nope, I'm the only operator / user of the computer, Don't have any gaming friends in RL.

Computer is well maintained against malware, spyrware, viruses as i work/study in I.T

Originally posted by Dullahan I recommend calling them.  You may get support eventually via email, but I find waiting around on the phone for customer support to still be the best way to get anything done.

Nope, I'm the only operator / user of the computer, Don't have any gaming friends in RL.

Computer is well maintained against malware, spyrware, viruses as i work/study in I.T

oh boy...

Originally posted by Nitth   Originally posted by Sovrath Originally posted by Nitth   Originally posted by Dullahan I recommend calling them.  You may get support eventually via email, but I find waiting around on the phone for customer support to still be the best way to get anything done.
    I can't see a phone number that you even could call.    Regardless of where you are, calling (had their been a phone number) could always be an option. You just get up in the middle of the night and call. However, I looked and can't find one. As always, could someone have gotten into your account, do you account share? Even if it's with your brother?
      Nope, I'm the only operator / user of the computer, Don't have any gaming friends in RL. Computer is well maintained against malware, spyrware, viruses as i work/study in I.T
    oh boy...

What, what is the problem?

Originally posted by Dullahan I recommend calling them.  You may get support eventually via email, but I find waiting around on the phone for customer support to still be the best way to get anything done.
    I can't see a phone number that you even could call.    Regardless of where you are, calling (had their been a phone number) could always be an option. You just get up in the middle of the night and call. However, I looked and can't find one. As always, could someone have gotten into your account, do you account share? Even if it's with your brother?
      Nope, I'm the only operator / user of the computer, Don't have any gaming friends in RL. Computer is well maintained against malware, spyrware, viruses as i work/study in I.T
    oh boy...

I think you told on yourself.

Originally posted by LacedOpium
    Originally posted by Nitth   Originally posted by Selzyr Originally posted by Nitth   Originally posted by Sovrath Originally posted by Nitth   Originally posted by Dullahan I recommend calling them.  You may get support eventually via email, but I find waiting around on the phone for customer support to still be the best way to get anything done.
    oh boy...

I think you told on yourself.

Yeah, I work in I.T? whats that got to do with anyting?

oh boy...

normally I would call a kid that used a hack one time or another(or multiple times) "script kids", those kind of people that can't use hacks or create them without a guide and once they get caught they complain on forums, or the place they got the said hack regarding it.

tho for a person that works on the I.T area, getting banned over cheating....says much.

oh boy...

normally I would call a kid that used a hack one time or another(or multiple times) "script kids", those kind of people that can't use hacks or create them without a guide and once they get caught they complain on forums, or the place they got the said hack regarding it.

tho for a person that works on the I.T area, getting banned over cheating....says much.

wtf? just because i use a computer for work/study doesn't mean i'm a hacker or a cheater.

The reason i'm so fucking insistent is because I Didn't cheat, they would see that if they checked the logs. it is WRONG for a company to terminate an account under false evidence especially when i have been making purchases well over 2 years.

If i just shut up and let it go then they just took all my purchases and flushed them down the toilet. now imagine that i am telling the truth - would u be angry at losing ~$100+ on a false positive?

Greetings ________,

Your account was confirmed cheating by the development team. These decisions are not made lightly and are approved by the senior most employees at Daybreak Games Company.
    I cannot provide you information on the specifics as this could potentially tell you how to circumvent detection in the future, suffice to say that the evidence we have is more than enough to leave the account permanently banned.

Thank you for your time.

PlanetSide 2 Enforcement Department
    Disciplinary Action Division

Well, looks like i'm never playing another daybreak game ever again.

I do not believe this.

oh boy...

wtf? just because i use a computer for work/study doesn't mean i'm a hacker or a cheater.

The reason i'm so fucking insistent is because I Didn't cheat, they would see that if they checked the logs. it is WRONG for a company to terminate an account under false evidence especially when i have been making purchases well over 2 years.

Here's the thing Nitth.  I am not going to call you a hacker or a cheater.  After all, I only know what you have told us, which is not much.  I will say this though.  Being in IT, I am of the opinion that at best, you may not know exactly why you were banned, but you do have an idea.  You may have stretched your game play a little here and there thinking it would not be a problem.  It turns out that it was.  Now you just want to know which of those "stretches" you were caught at.  we've all been there.  You did a little something, you just don't think it was enough to merit a ban, but you have an idea.  You just want to know what it was, but they will not tell you, because if they tell you, you won't do that one again.  They might just be one step ahead of you, my friend.  If you were a novice, you might be given the benefit of the doubt of not having a clue.  Being in IT, you have a clue.  You just want to know what they know.  They won't give you the satisfaction.