Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Closed Beta Event Coming on May 26th

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

ArenaNet has announced that players who scored a portal to the Heart of Maguuma during the special event held recently in certain locations within the game will be invited to the closed beta for the Guild Wars 2 expansion Heart of Thorns. Players are reminded to keep an eye out on their email for special instructions.

Players will be assisting the team by stress testing the outpost system with two hour breaks between sessions. Each session will last for two hours according to the following schedule:

• 11:30 a.m. Pacific Time (UTC-7) to 1:30 p.m. Pacific Time (UTC-7)

• 3:30 p.m. Pacific Time (UTC-7) to 5:30 p.m. Pacific Time (UTC-7)

• 7:30 p.m. Pacific Time (UTC-7) to 9:30 p.m. Pacific Time (UTC-7)

An NDA will be in place for testers as well.

Read the full post on the Guild Wars 2 site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

I wish they would post these dates in GMT as well but they only do that in about 50% of the cases.

Kind of unprofessional to make us players do it.

Ok so googling this says that UTC is GMT (another source tells me it's GMT -2?)

The majority of European countries is at GMT+1 (France, Germany, Netherlands etc etc.) (not Britain though) + another hour for daylight saving time.

So +9 to all the given times I assume?

20:30 - 22:30

00:30 - 02:30

04:30 - 06:30

Anyone better at this than me who can confirm this?

Harbinger of Fools
  • MorlewenMorlewen Member UncommonPosts: 45
    Originally posted by Dakeru

I wish they would post these dates in GMT as well but they only do that in about 50% of the cases.

Kind of unprofessional to make us players do it.

Ok so googling this says that UTC is GMT (another source tells me it's GMT -2?)

The majority of European countries is at GMT+1 (France, Germany, Netherlands etc etc.) (not Britain though) + another hour for daylight saving time.

So +9 to all the given times I assume?

20:30 - 22:30

00:30 - 02:30

04:30 - 06:30

Anyone better at this than me who can confirm this?

You are right. These are the CEST times.

Originally posted by Morlewen

You are right. These are the CEST times.

Thank you

Harbinger of Fools
  • elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335
    Wonder how many people actually got the drop.  This must be a very small playerbase test to start with as I can't imagine thousands of people getting the drops being the drop rate was so low.  Maybe in the hundreds, I'm thinking.
  • SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114
    Originally posted by elocke
    Wonder how many people actually got the drop.  This must be a very small playerbase test to start with as I can't imagine thousands of people getting the drops being the drop rate was so low.  Maybe in the hundreds, I'm thinking.

And I'm one of the lucky "100's" that got one...also got a Precursor while hunting for one too.  So, super ultra lucky? (still haven't won the Powerball yet).

And they're taking from the pool of signed up for the Newsletter as well.  So there is that.

• APThugAPThug Member RarePosts: 543
    I got a portal from a random mob in the silverwastes on my 4th day of grinding. So pumped to finally check it out!

• How about preorder/prepurchase will invite you to all beta tests?
    Originally posted by Ekadd
    How about preorder/prepurchase will invite you to all beta tests?

Someone ingame claimed there are datamined infos which came with the recent patch (the remodeling of LA):

992375_0159 Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns is now available for prepurchase. Buy now to receive the Maguuma Trailblazer exclusive title and access to all beta weekend events.

Note this is purely rumor - I tend to believe this to be true though.

Harbinger of Fools
  • illyanaillyana Member UncommonPosts: 614
    In the official website it said that there is no NDA for the closed beta and anet encourages streaming during the event

Have fun storming the castle! - Miracle Max

• refo18refo18 Member UncommonPosts: 33

IMO, the negative thing with these types of Betas (random selection based on item drop) is people arent there to actually test, but to get the info to get ahead when it actually releases OR to simply play it.   I myself didnt manage to get the required item, and when i do test, i actually go around looking for possible bugs, spots a character can get stuck, mistakes in chat logs, etc.   Oh well.. I hope they get what they wanted from this test, other than good advertising. 

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    Originally posted by refo18

IMO, the negative thing with these types of Betas (random selection based on item drop) is people arent there to actually test, but to get the info to get ahead when it actually releases OR to simply play it.   I myself didnt manage to get the required item, and when i do test, i actually go around looking for possible bugs, spots a character can get stuck, mistakes in chat logs, etc.   Oh well.. I hope they get what they wanted from this test, other than good advertising. 

It's a stress test, not a beta test.