Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thief, warrior Engineer and elementalist

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

So far we know about the new class and whats in the future of the ranger, necromancer, guardion and 

we even know that the engineer will get a hammer.. And bots..

but whats in the future of the thief, the warrior and the Ele?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• Stuka1000Stuka1000 Member UncommonPosts: 955
    Ele is tempest.  Don't know much more than that but I'm pretty underwhelmed with what else HoT brings to the game to be honest.
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by Stuka1000
    Ele is tempest.  Don't know much more than that but I'm pretty underwhelmed with what else HoT brings to the game to be honest.

Its more of what people allready love about the game, only minor changes, an evolution.  Nothing eartshaking, except the fact that we can start expecting these expansions on a yearly base...

its meant to bring people back, not new people in.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    Its  just 2 bad that you will spam those skills after the first 15h gameplay over and over, till the new expansion comes out- estimated 2018. 
  • azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402

Thieves are rumored to get the rifle. Ele the sword (melee) and no idea for the Warrior but I could see them with the off-hand pistol to fit with a few other NPC Warriors using sword+pistol in the game already.

As for spec, we know the Ele is called Tempest and that its trait line are based on elements.

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Its more of what people allready love about the game, only minor changes, an evolution.  Nothing eartshaking, except the fact that we can start expecting these expansions on a yearly base...

I'd have to agree with this. The people currently playing, or at least posting on the official forums, have been mostly positive about the upcoming changes (with the exception of the Dragonhunter name). People in game seem to be busying themselves by preparing for the class change patch, whenever it is, and also prepping for the expansion.

As far as the final specializations go.

Ele is Tempest and will get a sword (as others have stated).

Thief is getting the rifle, I'm guessing some type of sniper play then.

Engineer is getting the hammer, and those bots.

Warrior...no idea. People seem to be thinking off hand pistol, which seems fairly plausible.

I'm more interested in seeing what the new utility skills look like.

• Nemesis7884Nemesis7884 Member UncommonPosts: 1,023

i think its a GREAT idea that instead of progresion and power creep, they expand on the existing calsses by giving them horizontal progression and additional options...i really like it...i just hope it doesnt take 2 years till we get a few specializations per class...i think the target should be 3-4 at least....

I also hope at one point in time i will be able to play a tengu...damn a tengu expansion would be major awesome

Originally posted by Kaneth

I'd have to agree with this. The people currently playing, or at least posting on the official forums, have been mostly positive about the upcoming changes (with the exception of the Dragonhunter name). People in game seem to be busying themselves by preparing for the class change patch, whenever it is, and also prepping for the expansion.

As far as the final specializations go.

Ele is Tempest and will get a sword (as others have stated).

Thief is getting the rifle, I'm guessing some type of sniper play then.

Engineer is getting the hammer, and those bots.

Warrior...no idea. People seem to be thinking off hand pistol, which seems fairly plausible.

I'm more interested in seeing what the new utility skills look like.

I think you might be right about the weapons, tough i also heared that eles get an option to use staff in the offhand. the specs is more then just a new weapon, new skills, new traits, and a new function for the F1 to F4 keys..  We will have to see where it gets us...

so far i got the creepy feeling that the current raits are being dumbed down in options..

Originally posted by exile01
    Its  just 2 bad that you will spam those skills after the first 15h gameplay over and over, till the new expansion comes out- estimated 2018. 

try a thief.... no cooldowns, and only bad thieves spam their skills, its all about timing your skills...

If you dont like cooldowns )which are the reason people spam skills, then you must go the path of the thief..